“Neat neighborhood gem, food was average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 462 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Harrisburg, PA
“Neat neighborhood gem, food was average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Cool little neighborhood restaurant - actually pretty awesome. Small and cramped but I sort of think that was part of the charm. Matter of fact we sat down at a table with 2 strangers since it was the only avail seats - they didn't seem to care and we didn't, met two new friends and everyone in there seemed to be like that. I kept hearing how great the food is so I had the stuffed meatball - gross, I thought it was stuffed with cheese but it turns out there was a ham like thing in there too. Flavor was not that great and left a metallic flavor. Pasta was ok but bland. I sure wish we got desserts as they looked terrific. I definitely would go back as the atmosphere was so intriguing. I'd try something else, maybe the pizza which looked terrific. My dining friend also had the meatball and had worse things to say than aforementioned.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Can't wait to get back here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Love this place. Good location, nice family running it, and good food all around. I had a 3 cheese tortellini with cream sauce with a side of sausage and sweet peppers. The lunch came with a large pc. of bread. Prices are very reasonable. I finished with an espresso and baklava.
I will return when I'm in the H'burg.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
manheim
“Little Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

A simple place with the most incredible homemade Italian food! People were very interesting, friendly and I formative. We had a most wonderful visit. I would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys good homemade Italian food!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
“Cute little cafe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I'm always surprised when I find a new treasure in the Harrisburg neighborhood. This delightful pastry shop serves delicious lunches as well as tasty desserts and gelato. I had the chicken Parmesan sandwich on their handmade bread and my husband enjoyed a platter of meatballs and broad beans. It was so peaceful to sit out at a table in the shade on this quiet street. I am looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We've been here many times. We've never had a bad experience. Everything is fresh. They always have a smile to share. The cookies are delicious as well as the homemade gelato. They are always making updates to the restaurant. Very clean. Just a great local place with delicious food.

Visited June 2013