“Family Easter Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dauphin, Pennsylvania
“Family Easter Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have been wanting to try this restaurant ever since seeing it on "Restaurant Impossible" I called for reservations and had no problem getting one for dinner. Our waitress was very good at making recommendations and filling our drinks. The food was good and portions were average size. I had the chicken w/ crab and it was very good!!! It was a little expensive - for 6 of us our bill was $170.00. Next time we go it will be for a date night.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Alexandria, Virginia
“smaller than I thought”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

it was okay food but smaller than we thought from the tv show... also seemed like nobody goes there... we asked around and a few people had no clue where it was... we went parking lot was empty we thought they were closed... went in the staff all 2 we saw were nice but we ate and were the only ones there at 5pm... the food is the best part of this place.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“It was okay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I had better before. The people were very sweet and quick at serving us. I think it depends on what time you go there and if they are busy or not. To be able to tell how well your stay will be. The food was not the best thing ever.however the places decoration and workers make up for that.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Better after being Restaurant Impossible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This restaurant was remade on the Food Network series "Restaurant Impossible" with Robert Irvine about 1.5 years ago and was featured in a local newspaper as part of the best hamburgers in the Harrisburg area this past month. With all that hype, my wife and I decided to visit the place since the last time we were there was about 10 years ago. I got a 12 oz prime rib and she got the California burger (just lettuce, tomato and mayo). The burger is char-grilled so there is that and the bun was sturdy otherwise nothing special and certainly not worth $10. The prime rib ($22) was very tender and as most places was about 1/3 fat. What made the prime rib average was the lack of any seasoning on the meat or in the au jus. I had to put my own salt and pepper on it to give it some spice. It also only came with one side which was potato or rice. Most places give you two sides so the value of the meal was average. Service was good. You can expect a meal for two people to be at least $30 with no alcoholic drinks. Supposedly they have a good bar with specialty drinks but my wife and I didn't try anything.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dover, Pennsylvania
“Simply Awesome..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

After reading the many great reviews ,my wife and I decided to try it the Dodge City one lunch time.
This is a simple review the food was awesome and the service was amazing. This is a must!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere