“Best Dinner I have had in years” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Best Dinner I have had in years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

Its been years since i visited Dodge City. I remember the food was good but I felt out of place because the atmosphere was like a nursing home. I decided to revisit after hearing of the changes. Let me tell you........AMAZING. The place looks great, its bright and modern and the overall feeling walking in the door was just comfortable. I decided to go with the scallop appetizer, recommended by my server, which ranks with one of the best appetizers i have ever had. I could not figure out the tast of the sauce and when i asked the server, she explained the entire dish to me in detail, key part being a fresh mango sauce. Delicious is all i can say. For my meal i had a hanger steak, i ordered it because i have never heard of a hanger steak and i like to try new things. The flavor was out of this world and the meat was so tender it basically melted in my mouth. When i ordered the doneness of my steak medium rare the server explained to me that with that type of steak they taste best if they are done closer to medium. I took her advice as she seemed very knowledgable of the dish. Dead on again, great service. i was very pleased with the level of food quality, service, and my overall experience. It appears that their focus is quality quality quality. Look out, this could be the breakthough restaurant Harrisburg has been waiting for. We are heading back saturday night to try some of the other items from the menu. Will be sure to let all know how i make out.

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“New and improved?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

I've been there for lunch before the "transformation" so I kinda knew what to expect. I wasn't impressed with the decor before and it's just brighter now. The floor is visible now which I guess is a good thing. The menu is much smaller with some very interesting choices. Ths steaks are now offered with 4 or 5 choices, one being au poivre, a favorite of mine. I ordered the veal parmigiana which was good. My wife had the crabcakes which were average.

Two things stood out. 1) The waitresses I noticed were like night and day. Ours was sprinting around like a chicken with its you know. Good service, quick and efficient, but not very personable. The waitress at the table behind us was the exact opposite. Describing what was on the menu, what her recommendations were, almost too personable. I was slightly jealous.

The other was the grumbling from what I assumed were some of the regulars. They seemed none too pleased with the new menu or the quality of the food. The mood seemed pervasive.

I don't know whether I'd recommend this restaurant or not. I may go back just to try their steaks. I wish them luck but would not be surprised to see a closed sign.

• Visited April 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Harrisburg, PA
“Wow, impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

Have driven by this restaurant for years and never noticed it. Now that Chef Robert Irvine just filmed Restaurant Impossible there I had to stop and check it out. Not sure what I was missing since this was my first visit but I'll tell you, if they maintain the dinner menu and quality that Chef Robert designed then I will be back often. Decor was basic western, not overdone. Menu had something for everyone at reasonable prices. I had the cheese soup (incredible), filet with herb butter and truffle mac n cheese (mouthwatering), and key lime pie (freshest and tastiest ever). My friends had similar experiences with what they ordered. Like I said, prices are cheap to steep. Might just be a new Harrisburg fave for me. Oh yeah, you can be totally casual or dress up.

• Visited March 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Quality and Value Year after Year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

We (and most residents of Harrisburg) have been going to Dodge City for years. The menu is standard chicken-steak-seafood fare with a nice selection of sides; quality is consistently surperior and the price is right. (The homemade strawberry shortcake is exceptional.) The Wild West decor is a tad corny, of course, but amusing and several artifacts are generally of interest to first-time patrons. We eat here perhaps six to eight times a year and in October we host an out-of-town group of 20 or so who look forward to their visit here; they especially feel the wait staff is most welcoming.

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scotland, PA
“Best Restaurant in Harrisburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

We have been going to Dodge City for several years. We stop every time we go to Harrisburg. This is an approximate 50 mile (one way) trip for us. Each time we are recognized, treated wonderfully, the food is wonderful. We have NEVER had a bad or disappointing meal at Dodge City. I can't understand some of the other reviews. Dodge City, keep up the good work!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere