“Dirty and unfriendly” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
DALLAS
“Dirty and unfriendly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I liked this hotel when it was ran by Best Western. This is the first time I stayed here in since Ramada runs it. The room was dirty (shower wasn't cleaned hair and filth in the tub.) Don't look behind curtains or anything if you don't want to be grossed out. Pillows are stained good thing for pillow cases. Staff could be friendlier. Still waiting for my email receipt. Disgusted never stay there again even though the price was good for having a dirty jaccuzzi in the room.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
BRADFORD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Fold out mattress similar to ruffle chip, no support, took inflatable mattress I had in the car.
Understaffed, with one person in the morning for breakfast prep and upkeep and checkout. The women tried her best and kept her cool, but this was unfair. It seem on the weekend there is only one staff member available all day. Simple rooms, no fuzz, good bed, poor TV reception with snow or lines on many channels. Food in the "Diner" was poor, teach the cook how to cook, it may help.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

BETHPAGE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at your hotel this past weekend & I was going to write with a complaint, but you sent me this first so what better time to send this to you.

The location of the hotel was convenient for us because it was close to Hershey park. The room was nice a roomy. A small problem with the cleanliness was slight, the maid forgot to remove the prior guests shampoo & soap they used from the bath tub.
This is not my main complaint.
My main complaint was that when checked in I was advised that the travel crib I reserved would be sent up in about 10 minutes. I proceeded to unload the car & set up the room. Only to receive a phone call about 20 minutes later saying there were No More cribs available! Now I reserved it in my reservation bu calling the Hotel directly to make sure one they had one for us as well as what type was it either a Crib or Pack & Play? I was told it would be a crib. So to my dismay we received Nothing.
Luckily we had room in the car & decided to bring our pack & play just in case we didn't feel comfortable with your crib.
Now my question to you is what if we didn't have room to bring our pack & play with us? Would we have had our baby sleep on a sheet on the floor since she is too big to be left on a bed by herself or have her sleep in her car seat for 9 hours?
I did go down to the front desk to complain & she apologized & reduced my rate to $99. A small concellation, but it was nice of her she felt bad.
It might not have been a problem also because we tried to check in around 2:20pm, but the lady at the desk said we can't until 3p so we left for the park.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

BRISTOL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was taking a rather long trip and I needed a place for two nights where I could sleep on my way out to the destination and again on my way back from the destination. I researched on-line and liked the reviews for the Ramada Inn in Harrisburg. I went to the the Ramada Inn website and got a very good price for a Friday and Saturday night, so i booked a room.
Upon my arrival at 9:30 PM, I was checked in by an efficient but highly impersonal employee. At that time, I mentioned that I was staying for two nights and I asked whether or not room service, while I was out the next day, would be cleaning my room. I was told that, yes, the room would be cleaned unless I put out the "Do Not Disturb" sign.
I then took a quick look at the exercise and pool rooms and was disappointed to see how small both were. There were only three or four machines in the exercise room while the pool was little more than a wading pool. However, as I had not been planning to use either, this was a moot point for this visit but definitely something to consider should I return to this area.
The room was more than sufficient for my needs but I would have liked to have had a channel guide for the television. All that was supplied was an HBO schedule, so I had to scroll through every channel just to see what channels were available. Also, the small in-room refrigerator was damaged. When I went to open the door, the entire box tipped - as if a leg was missing from one of the corners. Since a microwave was situated on top of the refrigerator, it seemed to me that this situation was a disaster waiting to happen.
When I left the room the next morning, I left behind toothpaste, a newspaper, a pen, and, in the refrigerator, a couple of sodas. All were gone upon my return. Thanks to instinct, when I left for the day, I took everything else, including my toothbrush, with me. Maybe it was the attitude from the seemingly annoyed employee upon my check-in, but I felt that leaving anything of value behind might be a mistake. As it was after 2 AM when I returned to the room, and since I would be leaving in less than eight hours, I let it go.
The walls here are extremely thin, so sounds from adjoining rooms - as well as the hallway - can be disturbing to a guest wishing to rest early.
Finally, the floor of the shower stall is, for some reason, several inches higher than the bathroom floor. As a result, stepping into the shower for the first time is a little tricky.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada Harrisburg? Share your experiences!