“Friendly Staff - spacious rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Sweethearts Getaway
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Seattle, Washington
“Friendly Staff - spacious rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was in Harrisburg for a business meeting and there wasn't anything particularly close to where my meeting was (this was about 4 miles away) and this seemed like a good option vs. staying downtown (though we did go downtown for dinner and there was a small but charming restaurant row). You are basically in a suburban parking lot zone - but there is a mall near by and some chain (and a few local) restaurants nearby.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating and definitely welcoming -- definitely felt like they cared.

The rooms were big. The bed was a little firm, but I had forgotten that you could adjust that (know better for next time!)

The workout room was a little small but got there early and had no problem accessing the machines. Seems that this area got a recent upgrade as the machines were very new and seemed "next generation" - so that was really nice.

I also had breakfast in the hotel - the food was pretty good (with made to order eggs) and the service was friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bill D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear DAL504,

Thanks for your positive review of out Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East.

I am blessed with a wonderfully friendly team that likes to serve and we are so pleased that was your experience! Our Chef recently upgraded our evening menus which have gone over well. Keep in mind that we also are a fun family getaway when Hershey Park opens with its Spring Time in the Park, starting Easter weekend. its only 20 minutes away.

Please say hello the next time you visit as I would like the opportunity to personally say thanks for your business.

Warm Regards,

william.duffy@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had a chance to go to this hotel and found the staff to be very friendly. The room was very clean and welcoming. It was close to my business and also close to the airport. The restaurant was very nice the food was priced right and was very good. The wait staff was very nice and took care of you Ina quick manner. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Matotanka,

Thanks for taking valuable time to tell us of your positive experience, at our Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, recently.

I will pass along your comments to our Team who really appreciate knowing their focus on guest satisfaction is noticed. I am glad you found our access to the airport, our shuttle and close proximity to highways conducive to business.

On your next trip to our hotel please ask me, as I would like personally like to thank you for your business!

Shelby Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

From the minute I walked in, till the time I left, the hotel staff was very helpful. The food is top quality. The waitress in the restaurant was so welcoming and friendly. The room was clean and well stocked with everything needed. I will stay here the next time I am in town. Love this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bill D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Lisa0408446,

Wow, thanks for your kind words describing your recent stay at our Hilton Garden Inn, Harrisburg East!
Our team performs the basics of Hospitality well, but we also look for those special opportunities where we can take it one step further. I will pass on your comments and thank those responsible for your experience.

Please ask for me on your next visit so I can have a chance to extend personal thanks!!

Pinehurst, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This property is not new but is well maintained. It has a restaurant and bar as well as a pool, hot tub and small fitness facility. I ate at the restaurant for dinner and it was pretty good. Prices all tend to be a little high in the Harrisburg area and this was less expensive than the Hilton down town.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Kurt H,

First, thanks for your repeat business and for taking a moment to tell us of your positive experience at our Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East.
Be sure you check out our web-site for special package offers that include breakfast and a special Romance package that is an excellent value. We will complete a lobby and restaurant renovation shortly along with a new menu that offers many price points. In fact we have even added fresh homemade pizza for room service that can appeal to families.

We look forward to having you back!

Wilmington, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The service at this Hilton is excellent. The employees will do above and beyond. Once, I had made reservations through a 3rd party, and when I arrived at the Hotel they didn't have my reservations, but I had the confirmation information. I had to go to a conference so they allowed me to have my room using my credit card and said that they would have it settle by time I get back and they did.

Last year the swiming pool was not working and they gave me a pass to use across the walkway.

The service in the restaurant is excellent and the staff makes you feel like family. We go about 2 times a per and always enjoy our stay. The hotel is beautiful and clean.

Room Tip: Every room is excellent depending on what your needs are. I have been on different floors, differen...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bill D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Sheila B,

I have passed along your wonderful comments to our team members responsible for your last visit at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East. Thanks for your patronage and we will continue to our focus on wowing our guests which are the most important element of our business!!

Chelmsford, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have been using Garden Inn's for about three years. They usually have consistent service, and amenities at a reasonable price. This Inn was on the lower side of what I expect from past experience. Okay but not the good feeeling I usually have after a stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bill D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Russell-Benoit,

Thanks for taking a moment to describe your recent stay. We always strive to exceed expectations and regret that was not the case from your perspective. Most of our Trip Advisor comments rate us 4 to 5 stars as well as the internal Hilton Guest comment scores.

We take your comments most seriously and truly wish to address anything you experienced. We could not discern from your posting specific issues that you may have encountered. My email address and phone number are in this reply and I would welcome a personal discussion that would allow us to address any issue for you and future guests. We want to have you as a satisfied customer! My phone is 717-635-7299.

Lodi, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Friendly and courteous staff that were very prompt and responsive to all my needs. Very clean and well-maintained. Check in and check out were a breeze. Food in the restaurant was excellent, and the Pinot Gregio was wonderful! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Bill D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear DKS63,

Thanks for your recent review of the positive stay at Hilton Garden Inn. Wr truly work at providing experiences that exceed expectations and give our guest high value. Thanks for having a meal in our restaurant . Our Chef just implemented new menus using latest trends, and fresh ingredients. We continually get very good reviews about our restaurant.
Please ask for me the next time you stay with us so I can personally thank you for your business.

Best regards,
JD Powers Award Winner
william.duffy@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East? Share your experiences!