“Farm Aid 2012” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Wattsburg, Pennsylvania
“Farm Aid 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was the designated hotel for concert volunteers. What a great choice. Very nice rooms complete with microwave and fridge and VERY comfortable beds with luxurious bedding. Hotel staff friendly and accomodating. Nice bar/ restaurant area in the beautiful lobby with good food, not too pricey. Coffee always available and station well stocked. Rooms very clean, nice flat screen TV, free wifi and 2 computers for use in the business center. Great hotel, would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Bill D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Cheflynn 50,
Thanks for taking valuable time to tell us of your positive experience, at our Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, during Farm Aid.
I will pass along your comments to our Team who really appreciate knowing their focus on guest satisfaction is noticed. Farm Aid is a wonderful cause and we appreciate your efforts!!
On your next trip to our hotel please ask me, as I would like personally like to thank you for your business and service to our farming community!
william.duffy@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here when we went to the Camping Expo @ Hershey Park. Great location!! We arrived on a Friday evening, (1st time visit). Very close to the mall, plenty of restaurants. We ate @ the hotel to try something different and it was really good. I was surprised for being Hotel Food. Someone next to us got the dessert, would not recommend that looked average. We had a King room, everyone was friendly, fresh cookies @ check in. Pool open until 10pm, Laundry available, did not use it. Right off I-83 Would stay here again!!

Room Tip: Beds were comfy!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Franc 107,

Thank you for telling us of your excellent experience, at our Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, recently.

I will pass along your comments to our Team, and our chef, who really appreciate knowing their focus on guest satisfaction is noticed. We just rolled out a newer evening menu featuring today's trends and our made from scratch pizza that families love!
Many customers use us to visit nearby Bass Pro Shops, Gettysburg, Lancaster and Hershey Park.
On your next trip to our hotel please ask me, as I would like personally like to thank you for your business!
Warm regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We had a party of six adults spanning 3 generations. We had two connecting rooms on the 4th floor. Hotel is close to I83 and near several restaurants. Clean, quiet, and well lit parking lot. Definitely a place I'll stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Tapdancer 618,

We appreciate your family's business and letting us know about your positive experience, at our Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, recently.
Our two pools(indoor & outdoor), spa Jacuzzi and our endless TV programming list makes for a fun time for the children. Nearby Hershey Park, Lancaster and Bass Pro Shops and all the restaurants with-in walking distance compliment our family appeal.
On your next trip to our hotel please ask for me, as I would like to personally thank you for your business!
Warm regards,
Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed here during a trip to Hersheypark. Located about 15-20 mins away from the park. Easy to get to.

The hotel had friendly staff who welcomed us when we checked in at 1130 PM. The lobby was clean. We parked out back by the pool and had easy access to the elevator. The hotel pool looked nice but we did not use it.

Out double bed room was decent in size. The bathroom was good sized. The furniture in the room was worn and dated. Needs to be replaced. The sheets also looked worn out and were thinning in some places. Also, when you make a reservation for 4 people, why would they only provide 3 bath towels? At that late hour of night we did not bother to wait for an extra towel. Only 3 of 4 of us showered before bed. We asked for the extra towel in the morning - took about 20 mins. The fridge in the room is a great perk but it makes a lot of noise.

The carpets in the hallway were wet - not people walked up from the pool wet but the entire carpet was wet. Did not ask for an explanation.

We did not have the breakfast for $12.95/person.

If I come to this area again, I will consider an alternate hotel.

Room Tip: Aside from the Hilton nonrefundable 7 day in advance purchase rate, the AAA rate was very good and c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Dewey.Nikhu,

Thank you for telling us of your experience, at our Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, while visiting Hershey Park this past season.
As the new General Manager our whole team is focused on providing a positive 4 or 5 star experience, not just a 3 star. We do have attractive rate discounts and packages on line. I draw your attention though, to our Bed & Breakfast packages on line which would save a lot more. Our standard is to have four towels in every room. When you make reservations you can even request more, and they will be in your room upon arrival. I regret that we shorted you a towel and the furniture had scratches or dents in your room. We are only 6 years old but we have a preventive maintenance program going forward that addresses those physical issues. The wet carpet was from an adjacent guest room overflow. I regret it was not vacuumed before your experience.

I truly hope you will visit us on your next Hershey Park trip. Please email me, as I would like to personally make your next reservation and to insure our normal 4-5 star experience.

Kind regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed there for a few days in August to go to Hershey park It was a nice stay and great value only 15 mins from Hershey park with queen size beds . I would definitely go back here over many of the hotels we saw, it's a safe bet in Hershey

• Stayed August 2012
Charleston, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hotel was OK but subpar in my realm of experience with Hilton Garden Inns. My cohort and I smelled "fresh-baked" cookies as soon as we checked in, but the ones on the counter seemed old and cold and not there "all the time." The "cooked" breakfast was not worth the $13 it cost and the wait staff seemed disoriented and disinterested, as in no "Good morning" but "Do you know what you want ?" !!??? We went to the local diner for breakfast next morning. The evening lady bartender was nice enough though and we sat outside on the patio since the weather was nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Wood Ridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Been to a lot of Hilton Garden Inn's and this one didn't disappoint with some exceptions to lack of detail during breakfast. The good: great location for pleasure (in Harrisburg and only 15 min from Hershey attractions), comfortable, clean, and accommodating. I can't give this 5 stars though because for breakfast, too many missed details. There was only 2 other tables the waitress was waiting on. We gave the waitress our order who was writing it down. To make a long story short, she forgot my OJ, my bacon, and my wife's request for no cheese in her omelette. Its just too many missed items especially after she was writing it down too. I wasn't really annoyed by it because since I'm a Hilton Gold member, breakfast is free. But if I was paying the $12.95 per person, then yeah I would've been annoyed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East? Share your experiences!