“A perfect place along our drive” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Williamsburg, Virginia
“A perfect place along our drive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We chose this hotel because it was just over half-way home for us, coming back from Vermont to Virginia. As always, the hotel was clean and the staff was welcoming. We had trouble getting wi-fi in our room, so one of the staff members set up a hot spot in a nearby empty room. When that still didn't work, they brought the hot-spot into our room. Because we'd had this problem, we got a nice note from the management, along with a big Hersey bar! How sweet (in both senses of the word). I was surprised that it was a little noisy, in that I could hear people in the hallways and in the next room, but it didn't last long. The air conditioning was a little noisy, but it covered any noises from the next room so it wasn't too bad! The hotel had a list of nearby restaurants which was very helpful, though we really used the Trip Advisor app to find a good one nearby. The bed was very comfortable and I got a great night's rest.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashley K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with! I apologize for the issues you experienced with the WIFI and noise, but I am happy that both were resolved quickly. I hope that next time you make the long drive from Vermont to Virginia that you will stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Williamsburg, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were passing through Harrisburg on our way home and stopped at this Courtyard as it was convenient to I-83. Generally, it is what you expect from a Courtyard, and I say that in praise, not complaint. The room was nice and very clean. It was very dark at night, which I like. There was some noise from an adjacent room, but that did not last very long and was not an issue. Actually, a few days earlier we had stayed at a different Courtyard on our outbound trip, and the room was almost identical is size, configuration, and fixtures.

In short, at this Courtyard, we got exactly what we wanted. It was a clean room, well equipped, with nothing unusual or out of the ordinary. When you are spending a lot of time driving and are tired, that is what we wanted.

One unusual thing was that when we got to our room, we could not connect to the wi-fi network. After talking to their tech support, they came up and verified we did not get a usable signal. then, in stead of just saying they were sorry, they brought up a portable wi-fi hot spot. It did not work well when placed in a nearby room, so they put it in our room. That worked perfectly, and we had a very strong signal for the duration of our stay. Later, they slipped a letter under our door apologizing for the lack of wi-fi service and including a Hershey bar as part of the apology. We thought that was cute.

Bottom line is that you can rely on a Courtyard for a decent room and good service. This room proved that rule one more time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay at! I am sorry to hear that you had issues with your WIFI service, however; I am happy that we could get you a personal hot spot connection to resolve the issue. I hope that you enjoy your summer!
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Location: About 15 minutes away from Hershey Park.
Check In/Out: Quite fast. No complaints.
Facilities: We found this hotel to be better than the discount versions in the Marriott chain. There are two elevators, not just one pokey elevator. There is more comfort and service with more staff on duty. For example, there was a security guard in the lobby on Saturday, and there was more than one desk clerk on duty and staff at the lobby restaurant. There is a small pool which we did not try. There is a patio area out back which guests can also use to dine outside. Free wi-fi in the hotel.
Food: Contrary to other discount Marriotts which offer the free breakfast zoo, this was a paid lobby 'restaurant' which offered a very good mix of reasonably priced breakfast choices and items for dinner (no lunch offerings at the time). Even though seating is limited, you can order and take out back to your room. You get a number to display and they bring your take-out bag to you while you wait in the lobby. We tried the breakfast once and a snack and it was fine. My only suggestion is that they clean vacant tables more frequently.
Welcome Touches: On Friday and Saturday, there was make your own s'mores in the lobby between 8 and 9PM. There was also movie night set up in one of the conference rooms for children with free popcorn in the lobby which is nice (although it does not really start on time).
Rooms: We found the hotel to be very quiet. It was due more to the consideration of the other guests at that time than the actual hotel construciton, but this was a restful stay. I would only caution that rooms near the elevator or rooms with ajoining rooms might hear more because the doors do little to suppress noise even though they appear solid. The only distraction was that the HVAC unit built into the wall was quite loud.
Overall: We have found there is no significant advantage to stay in Hershey and absorb the extra cost of a hotel closer to the Park because none of the hotels are close enough that you do not need your vehicle. If you have to drive anyway, what is an extra 10 minutes to stay in a better class of hotel that has lower rates? We found that service and comfort was better at this location than our other Hershey hotel stays.

Green Features: The hotel could improve by offering recycling recepticles in rooms and the lobby. In today's day and age, almost anything can be recycled. There is no reason why water is the only focus of conservation.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ashley K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on our property! I am happy that you found the hotel convenient in your travels to Hershey! Thank you for your suggestions on recycling! I hope that your family had a great time at the park!
Vienna, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

On our way back from Cooperstown, we decided to go on a last minute trip to Hershey Park. Calling around last minute of hotels in the Hershey area, I was getting outrageous price quotes - to include some of the other Marriott affiliated hotels. But then I got a friendly reservationist at one of the Marriott hotels who was completely booked. She said she could look around for other hotels in the area that had rooms available AND at a military rate. She immediately found this hotel and we booked it! Hotel is a typical Courtyard Marriott with comfortable rooms. The only complaint is that their WIFI was non existent. I even called the front desk to ask for assistance; the gentlemen said he would get back to me on the new password - never heard back from him, so I was unable to do work in my room.

• Stayed June 2014
Ashley K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad that we had availability for your stay with us! I apologize that the Internet was not working well. We are currently upgrading our Internet, so that all guests can have consistent and fast Internet. I hope that you will considering stay with us in the future!
Edgewater Park, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed here on a Friday night for a weekend trip to Hershey Park. Location is right off of I-276 and is clearly the nicest hotel in the area. The local motels and Sleep Inn's are nothing but truck stops. About a 10-15 min. drive to Hershey Park. Value is great for the $ and staff was very welcoming. Fast check in/out. Rooms were typical Courtyard and spacious enough for a nights stay. Lobby seems to be newly renovated, with a lounge area and breakfast/bistro which has multiple offerings depending on the day. Would stay here again to visit Hershey Park!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to hear that you found your stay with us to be excellent! We look forward to seeing you when you return to the park!
Smithtown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Great hotel close to Hershey park! Rooms were clean and suited us. I would stay again! The only issue was the pool was quite small. No big deal for us as we didn't use it, but was surprised to see how small it was.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I am happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable! Please visit us again next time you are in the area!
Bel Air, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My family and I stayed here during the Memorial day weekend and were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is clean, and the staff were friendly and knowledgeable about the local area. Because I have a toddler, I wanted to dine at a more family friendly restaurant and the hotel staff were able to give us various restaurants that were local that were kid friendly. We also took our kids to the pool and, while it's not the biggest, they loved it.
The only downfall was the "cafe". I've stayed at other Courtyard with a wider selection/variety at the cafe.
I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Harrisburg, PA area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay! Although most of the main choices at the Bistro stay the same, we do offer special seasonal promotions every few months, as something new and different for our guests to try! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay! Have a great summer!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!