“Courtyard Changes!!!!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Courtyard Changes!!!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed here two nights due to flight cancellations. The Staff and Managers I meet were very helpful and considerate. Unfortunately, you are limited to the onsite Food Bistro that I was told was becoming a standard at Marriott Courtyards. NOT GOOD! You would like some other and maybe less expensive alternatives to dining in your hotel. Restaurants were near by, but walking to them in winter (turned in rental car) along Eisenhower road was dangerous. THE STAFF WAS GREAT------ but I don't see myself staying at many Courtyards in the future

Room Tip: Get a room facing the back of the property and not Eisenhower Blvd. or the expressway
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Ashley K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for staying with us! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the staff and the hotel! Along with the food that we offer in our Bistro, we also have a restaurants in the area that will deliver to the hotel if you are looking to stay onsite but still enjoy a meal. I hope that you will stay with us again when coming back to the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Clean, updated, has the new Bistro look which is nice, good upgrade over the old courtyard feel. Pleasant staff, dead on for a courtyard. Rooms have been updated as well with new furniture. Good location for doing business in the area.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at this property! We hope to see you again the next time you are doing business in the area!
Prince Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Nice room, very comfortable bed, lobby was beautiful. First time I ever stayed at a Marriott. Only complaint was the $25.00 incidental charge which I was not made aware of.
My invoice at checkout indicated a $144.00 charge which was correct. Upon arriving home and reviewing my online banking statement, I noticed a $170.00 charge. I called the hotel to inquire why the difference and the staff member informed me, if I were a regular Marriott guest, I would be aware of the charge. Well, that did not set well with me. I like to know upfront what my exact charges are. If I had been made aware either on check in or check out, I would be fine with it. I will have to think long & hard if I choose to stay at a Marriott again. Just did not set well with me.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashley K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your comments regarding the appearance of the hotel. I do want to apologize for what seems to be a lack of proper communication/answer regarding the incidental charge that you received from the desk. What the staff member should have made you aware of is that we have a $20-$25 dollar incidental hold for each night of your stay. It is only an authorization incase a guest does charge incidentals to their room. The bill you receive at checkout is amount the you are charged, once the authorization clears from your credit/debit card. I apologize for this not being made clear to you initially or during your phone call to the hotel. I hope that this clarification makes it a little easier to understand.
I am happy that you chose a Marriott Brand to stay at, and I would hope that this would not prevent you from staying with Marriott or our hotel in the future, as Marriott and my property have an excellent product, service, and cleanliness to offer you during your stays.
I hope you will give Marriott a chance to prove this to you during your future travels.
Thank you for staying with us!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is the second or third time we have stayed here for this tournament and it is very nice. My only complaint is the cooling system which you need to put way down to keep the rooms cool at night and the way toooooo soft mattresses. This was probably our same complaint last year and it had been forgotten til our first night sleep! The lobby is clean, the Bistro nice.

The hotel staff is very accommodating and I thought way too patient in regard to some of our crazy boys!! I think next time management should probably encourage the parents to keep the kids in the party room as opposed to the kids in the lounge and the parents in the party room. For this reason we took our kids back to the room. I am not certain other patrons appreciated the noise level in the lobby:(!

Room Tip: Top floor away from the noise!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Midland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is one of the better Courtyards I have stayed at. Our room was clean. The staff, especially Avery, was excellent. The Bistro served good food and wine. We were even able to leave a vehicle at the hotel when we took Amtrak to New York.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Clinton, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed here while we were there for a friends wedding. The staff and accomodations were excellent. Close to Hershey Lodge, where the wedding was being held. Room rates were much less than the Hershey Lodge.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hellertown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We went to the Hershey Park and stayed at here the end of this summer. It is very convenient and takes less than 5 min to the Hershey park and Chocolate World. The room is clean and the people are very nice.

The only catch is that there were too many guests and we could not find a table for breakfast. We had to stand by a table and wait for them to finish.......... Maybe it is because the Hershey Park is so popular.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!