“Going downhill” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
pittsburgh Pa
“Going downhill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel several times. It seems that it is going downhill. Upon entering the automatic sliding doors squeaked loudly. There was water on the floor which someone could have fallen. Our check-in was easy and staff very friendly. The room once inside had broken dresser drawers, a desk that wouldn't shut, cracks in the bathroom tile, and air conditioning that never went below 78 degrees. It was so hot and stuffy I couldn't sleep. I think if I go back to Harrisburg I will try the Wyndham gardens next door.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The Marriots have gotten a make over. They are very nice, and appear "condensed." We booked this particular Marriot because our son was playing in a tournament in Hershey. The fields were in Hershey... not Harrisburg, but it was really only a 15-20 min trip to the field/Hershey Park.

We had two queen beds which were large and very comfortable. The room was clean and updated. I loved the Paul Mitchell shampoos and conditioner. We are Marriot reward members, so I requested extra towels and they came right away. I think they would have come without a rewards member status!

The ONLY things i would change: The woman at the front desk, when we checked in late on Friday, seemed to be annoyed or pre-occupied. She didn't smile. Granted, everyone is entitled to a bad day and it was HOT and late (9:30) but I've stayed at a lot of hotels and many of them Marriots and the front desk person is usually pretty upbeat. Regardless, it was fine. She wasn't rude, just seemed annoyed.

The other thing I would change is the leaving the "restaurant" - which is really a coffee bar type setup, open longer. I was dying for a late cup of coffee to sip while charging my phone in the lobby, and I stood at the counter and when no one showed, I turned to the front desk person (it might have been the same woman previously mentioned!) and asked for help and she said, somewhat dismissive, "Oh, they're closed. Open tomorrow morning," and she walked away. Truly not a big deal, but would have been nice to have a coffee or even a drink.

Speaking of charging my phone...I left my wall plug home by accident and could only charge using a USB port. There weren't any in the room or on the TV. A MINOR inconvenience but ...I was able to charge it in the lobby on the computer.

All in all, a good experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Courtyards have moved way up on my preferred hotel list recently. There is a WOW factor in the spacious and very functional lobbies. No WOW in the rooms but they are fine. I like the bathroom layout- plenty of room including large sink counter. This Courtyard does not have the walk-in showers that some other Courtyards have. There are a few rooms with balconies which I always prefer. If you get a room at the back it is quiet and peaceful- at least until someone buys the land behind the hotel. (See pictures.)

Room Tip: Stay on the back side of the hotel for peace and quiet. Ask for a balcony.
Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Much newer and generally cleaner than my other recent courtyard stay. I did see a centipede and a spider in my ground floor room. Staff was helpful in getting me tickets to Hershey. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. About 15-20 min to Hershey resort.

• Stayed June 2013
Hauppauge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed here owns our annual stop to Harrisburg. We nor ally stay in a suite hotel, but it was fully booked. Hotel is very new and clean. Rooms were beautiful and very spacious. Beds were very comfortable. The only thing I was disappointed in was the bistro. It is basically a quick order area. Not many options and only very expensive Starbucks coffee. I would have liked a free coffee station that most hotels do. Had to wait in line for my morning coffee. Also, showers need a better fan. I'm guessing they have a bath fan that comes on with light but you can't hear it and everything is fogged for quite some time after.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Not a bad hotel in Harrisburg area. Clean and modern. Rooms are typical Court Yard quality, clean, good bed, and nothing fancy but good for a travel hotel. Bistro sells Starbucks and has semi full service. Good location if on business in Harrisburg. I recommend and would be a good spot for families going to historic sites it Hersey. Looked like a clean indoor pool, unused while I was there, but open.

• Stayed June 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Since remodeling their lobby, this hotel has become the premier Marriott in the Harrisburg area for business travelers. Very clean, very friendly staff, decent location, short drive to downtown and 2nd street. They have really good breakfast options and it's also lively with various conferences and conventions. As far as price, it is the most expensive Marriott in Harrisburg as well. But I feel it is priced appropriately and it's always packed with business travelers so clearly they are keeping their customers happy. This is where I stay when I am in Harrisburg.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!