“Large party, no problem!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #16 of 51 hotels in Harrisburg
NJ
“Large party, no problem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Harrisburg Hershey this past June as part of my bachelorette party. My family and friends chose the location based on the proximity to Hershey (we were headed to The Spa at The Hotel Hershey) & our prior positive experiences with Marriott. We were not disappointed. The rooms were modern, spacious & comfy. The lobby was fresh and welcoming. We were a large group which can sometimes seem overwhelming for some hotels, but everything went very smoothly for us. I would certainly stay here again next time I'm headed to the Hershey area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
jmsgemini
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Love this hotel. Very updated lobby and rooms, in room fridge available, close to shopping and business, and the airport. The rooms have nice clean linens and flat screen TVs. Great for business travelers. I stay here several times per year, when I visit my client in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I wasn't expecting much from a Courtyard Marriott in Harrisburg but after the first two stays it is now 'home'. I travel each week to Harrisburg, PA for work and this is where I stay.

The staff know me now and so I don't even need to ask for anything they already know. I have the same room and my rate includes breakfast which is awesome!

You would think from a Courtyard it would be dinky but not this one. Rooms are clean; bathroom is very large and rooms are large as well with refrigerator. It's simple only 4 floors and near lots of shops and restuarants and near highway.

Room Tip: Breakfast is very fresh and good so don't forget to order!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
pittsburgh Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stopped at this hotel on the way home from the beach for a one night stay. When booking we were looking for two adjoining rooms, which this hotel has. The operator on the phone said they did not have such rooms at all. The rate online was very decent, and when we got to the hotel they offered us the adjoining rooms, however at a different rate. I probably would have argued this, however was tired from my drive. Overall the hotel is clean, spacious and very comfortable. They also have a very interactive lobby to play games, socialize and utilize a computer. They also have a mini restaurant where you can get food but did not. The pool at this location also is about the size of a jacuzzi. The hotel is also close to several restaurants and shopping such as Target and JCPenney. Access to other places such as Hershey Park, Hershey World and outlets is about a 15 minute drive or less. I also like the fact that the turnpike is right near the hotel as well. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: As I mentioned this hotel has adjoining rooms, so if the operator tells you this site does not have...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Good location, Breakfast was good and lots of choices, staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. Bed was ok....a little saggy for my own comfort. Close to attractions and plenty of restaurants within a 10 min drive.

Room Tip: Good location, but noisy if you're a lite sleeper due to proximity to highway, ask for a room aw...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed here one night before a flight out of the Harrisburg airport, which is about 10 minutes away. Rooms are typical Courtyard, common space has been updated with the new look - including the small cafe with some food options. Hotel is a quick trip to Five Guys, Moe's, Chili's and some other chains if what you're looking for isn't on site. Friendly/helpful staff. Only real complaint was poor internet service but thankfully my aircard worked just fine. Price slightly higher than expected for a Courtyard in a small PA town - but it was a weekend night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I agree with other recent reviews that the new look of the Courtyards is a bit too modern and uninviting for my taste. However, Marriott never fails to be clean, comfortable, and with a courteous staff. In my book, that's worth the money. I was shocked to find this Marriott property was less expensive by other options with a 10-mile radius of Hersheypark by almost half. What a great deal (and I get reward points to boot). It's less than a 15 minute drive.

Regarding dining, I agree that hotels should go back to an included continental breakfast. It's expensive for the quality of food offered. The August weekend we visited the weather was very hot, but the lobby/restaurant area were extremely cold, to the point of being uncomfortable. I did enjoy actually having a bar that was tended in the evenings, though. Many smaller hotels don't offer that anymore. We opted for dinner across the street at Leeds. It was good, but pretty expensive for Harrisburg.

When we visit Hersheypark again we'll likely stay at this property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!