I agree with other recent reviews that the new look of the Courtyards is a bit too modern and uninviting for my taste. However, Marriott never fails to be clean, comfortable, and with a courteous staff. In my book, that's worth the money. I was shocked to find this Marriott property was less expensive by other options with a 10-mile radius of Hersheypark by almost half. What a great deal (and I get reward points to boot). It's less than a 15 minute drive.
Regarding dining, I agree that hotels should go back to an included continental breakfast. It's expensive for the quality of food offered. The August weekend we visited the weather was very hot, but the lobby/restaurant area were extremely cold, to the point of being uncomfortable. I did enjoy actually having a bar that was tended in the evenings, though. Many smaller hotels don't offer that anymore. We opted for dinner across the street at Leeds. It was good, but pretty expensive for Harrisburg.
When we visit Hersheypark again we'll likely stay at this property.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Harrisburg Hershey Hotel Harrisburg
- Courtyard By Marriott Harrisburg Hershey Hotel
- Courtyard Harrisburg Hershey
- Marriott Harrisburg
- Courtyard Harrisburg
- Harrisburg Marriott
- Harrisburg Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened May 18, 2005. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.