“Exceeded our expectations!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Hudson, New Hampshire
“Exceeded our expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our family decided to take a mini-vacation over Memorial Day weekend for our first visit to Hershey Park. While staying at the park hotels has its advantages, after reading through reviews of the other hotels in the area, we decided to stay at the Candlewood Suites - Harrisburg Hershey and we are SO glad we did! From the moment we stepped through the front door, we knew we made the right choice. Everything about our stay at the Candlewood Suites was top notch. The front desk staff checked us in and answered all of our questions about the hotel, the general area and the parks, all with smiles on their faces. Our room was immaculate - the kitchen, bedroom area and bathroom - all of it! We turned in early and we all slept soundly - the beds were extremely comfortable! All of this conveniently located a short driving distance from the park!

- The kitchen was well appointed - the appliances, dishes and utensils were all very clean. Dish soap, paper towels and hand towels were also provided. It was so nice to have the option of not having to eat out every meal.
- The hotel was extremely quiet. Our room was conveniently located right next to the pool. Although we saw a number of people using it, we never heard any noise despite being so close. Both the pool and hot tub had to be the cleanest we've ever seen in a hotel.
- We didn't use the laundry facilities but it was good to know that it was available, for free, if we needed it.
- Bathroom was shiny clean and great water pressure in the shower - loved the adjustable shower head!

Our sincerest thanks to Lee, Luke, Michelle, and the rest of the staff for making this a very memorable trip. If we could give it six stars, we would. We'll definitely stay there again and again - our new little home away from home! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Room Tip: Tell the staff your requirements at booking and they'll find the right room for you.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Luke B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and review of the Candlewood Suites Harrisburg/Hershey. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our hotel very accommodating. We strive very hard to make all of our guests feel warm and welcome. I will gladly pass on your comments to my staff. I once again thank you and I hope that you will choose us for any of your future trips to our area. It was an honor to be your hotel of choice.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
phila
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I checked in and checked out. Hallways looked as if it was never vacuumed. I don't mean lint, I mean trash. That should've been my first danger sign. Room literally had HAIR in the sink along with old toothpaste. HAIR also in bed. Kitchen floor not swept. Old Cheerios under fridge. Shelves on desk unit were so dusty that per the "housekeeping inspector You could write your name in it!" Needless to say....we left.

• Stayed July 2014
Luke B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
First off, I would like to greatly apologize for the condition in which you found your room and our hallways. I assure you that it is not our standard practice. We strive to make each and every guest as happy and provide the best service we can. I am so sorry that we failed to provide that for you. I have addressed the issues and I thank you for bringing them to our attention. I do hope and ask that if your are ever in our area again that you give us another chance to show you that we truly do care and try to make our guests as comfortable as possible. I once again apologize and I truly do hope that you give us another try.
Morristown, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I chose this because of proximity to Hershey--20 min away on holiday weekend. When I checked in, I requested a cot (family of 5) only to be charged $25 and told rooms are for 4 people. We've had to get cots for years now and I've NEVER been charged. The room was a 2 Q Studio Suite--to me a glorified hotel room with a kitchen, I can't imagine staying more than a few days. The room seemed clean but upon check in was told there's no maid service as it's an extended stay hotel. My mistake, I didn't realize that when I booked it. That also meant, the cabbage smell of the hallway was there for the duration, and the smell of maple syrup in the lobby was odd too. While the room didn't smell, it was awful every time we left the room. While no breakfast was included, Also, each time I tried to use the hairdryer provided, it frequently shorted out and I had to push the outlet button to get it going. I could have had coffee but with no milk available (merely the powdered "cream") it was not appealing. Overall, a big disappointment.

I don't know why the hotel would push itself on families traveling to Hershey as it's really for people who need place to live.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Baskina87,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback about your stay. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your overall experience with us due to the issues encountered with the hairdryer and housekeeping. Rest assured, your review will be forwarded to management to consider for upgrades needed. I appreciate you letting us know about these unsatisfactory circumstances as this is our best means of improving our efforts.

Charisse V
Case Manager
IHGCare
New Hope, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Brand new , very clean and convenient to Hershey. Nice pool and workout area. Rooms are very comfortable but a bit small to be called a real suite. Fully equipped kitchen. Staff is outstanding - friendly and helpful. Recommend requesting a room in the front of the hotel as the back borders on a busy road that can be noisy at times.

Room Tip: Ask for the front of the hotel for a quieter room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Luke B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and review of the Candlewood Suites Harrisburg/Hershey. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on making each and every guest feel at home with us. I will gladly pass your comments on to my staff. I hope we see you again in the future. It was an honor to be your hotel of choice.
Merrickville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Immaculate room and grounds.
Convenient location.
NEW NEW NEW: can't be beat.
Gotta love free laundry.
Lovely pool and hot tub.
Comfortable beds.
We stayed one night on our way back home from Virginia to Canada... and we'd stay here again!.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Luke B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Candlewood Suites Harrisburg/Hershey. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to make our guests feel at home and relaxed. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed all of our amenities. I will pass your comments on to my staff. Thank you again for staying with us and I truly hope we get to see you again in the near future. It was an honor to be your hotel of choice. Thank you
Prince Frederick, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

The hotel itself is great and the staff is great but beware that there are thieves that stalk the parking lot late at night. They go around while you're asleep and check every car door in the lot once they find it unlocked they will ransack your car and steal anything that they find of value. This happened to 3 guests in the matter of a week. If you decide to stay, please make sure that your car is locked tight and park you car where you can see it from your window. They DO NOT have cameras in the parking lot.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Rockinrollin2013,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the behavior of the local populace prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed 2 nights for a visit to Hershey park. It's just 10 min from Hershey and the drive is easy. The hotel was immaculate. It was very comfortable and quite. We love the indoor pool and hot tub. The kitchenette was fully stocked with cutlery, cookware, and dishes. We really enjoyed chatting with Monique at the front desk while we drank complimentary coffee in the morning. From the manager, Lee, to the front desk staff, including Faith, everyone was very pleasant. We will be staying here from now on for our annual family trips to Hershey Park!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Luke B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent stay and review of the Candlewood Suites Harrisburg/Hershey. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and loved our hotel. We make it our number one priority to make sure each and every guest feel comfortable and relaxed. We look at our guests as a part of our family. I will gladly pass your comments on to my staff as well as Monique and Faith. Thank you once again and we hope to see you in the future. It was an honor to be your hotel of choice.

Been to Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!