“Beautiful Hotel with Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Beautiful Hotel with Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 12 days and it was so clean and well kept! Plus the staff were wonderful, i worked third shift so every morning when i came "home" I was greeted by Monique who worked the night shift. It made me feel special that she took the time to remember my name. I love this place and plan to stay here whenever I am in the area on business.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Torquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

We went to the wrong candlewoodsuites to start with, our fault plus the satnav! They gave us good directions, you need them as it a little tricky to get there from the interstate. The hotel quiet, it only opened summer 2013, the only potential noise could be the road at the back on weekday mornings. Reception was brilliant, a gentleman and his seem to take it in turns to be there. The free laundry was a bonus. Lots of restaurants nearby.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
alexandria, va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

There are several other hotels closer to the race start/finish (Crowne Plaza). This property had a rewards points special so we decided to stay here. It's approx. 4 miles from the race which was not a problem at all. There's zero traffic on the way to the race and there's ample race parking so the distance was a good trade off for getting a good deal on the nightly rate.

Full sized fridge, small stove, dishwasher, full sized microwave. Good sized bathroom. This property opened in the last few months so everything was new and clean. It's near the mall. Close enough to walk but you'll want to drive. Our room had one queen bed...good for one person, almost tight for two people who really like each other (not unlike similar properties in the IHG chain).

No daily housekeeping for stays under seven nights, unless you request and pay for it.

CONS - I wish I read the reviews before our stay. Seems like there's free breakfast (fluffy waffles, according to one reviewer) and pizza/beer in the evening, which I was not told about. Maybe those reviewers were mistaken?

All in all, okay for a quick stay in the area.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was looking into staying for my honeymoon and I was torn between two places that were highly recommended. I spoke with Ian the first in my planning and he went over all the wonderful things to do in the area and the amount of privacy my fiance and I would have. I had a late check in and Tara was so upbeat and welcoming making us laugh before we were even checked in. The rooms were wonderful and a great price and I could do laundry for FREE! The pool and hot tub were awesome loved the color changing lights. We weren't bothered by anyone and every time we left to go anywhere we were acknowledged. This is the best Candlewood I've been to.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
red4474, Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share you're experiance with us. We are always happy to hear that our employees have gone above and beyond. We share all reviews with our staff as we strive for excelence.Thank you again for taking the time to give you're feedback
Ian Madden- Operations Manager
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I found this place no problem and I was blown away by it. This is a step up from most Candlewoods I have stayed at. For the sake of fellow travelers, I'd like to inform them that I enjoyed all the wonderful amentities this place had to offer. This hotel is brand new and it couldn't be better. I enjoyed the free laundry and the fitness center was spectacular. The treadmills have individual tvs and NFL Sunday ticket. I could watch any game I wanted. It really is a home away from home for me. Ian at the front desk was very helpful and told me some great restaurants in the area. I understand some people do not like that there isn't any breakfast but I mean there is a kitchen in my room and I am not too lazy to cook for myself. Alexis was also helpful. She printed me off directions to my next destination very quickly. I will stay again. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
red4474, Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your wonderful stay with us, we share all reviews with our entire staff, and we cant wait to see you again! Ian Madden- Operations Manager
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I always hate when I have to be "realistic" about a hotel, but for the sake of fellow travelers, it's necessary here.

Folks, this is a Candlewood Suites. It is NOT a fancy hotel. Candlewood is Holiday Inn's (well, technically IHG Hotels) down-market extended-stay brand. Which, of course, does not mean that this is a bad hotel; just a pretty basic one. The hotel is new, which is almost always a good thing when it comes to chain hotels, and I see they've "tweaked" some of the Candlewood features to make this hotel better than your typical Candlewood. Like they have an indoor pool (utilitarian in design, but certainly nice enough to swim in). And the décor is a little nicer (but still only 3-star quality). Some folks below rave about free food and such that they've gotten, but that's unusual; for the moment, there's a customer appreciation night on Wednesdays, but that's about the only food you'll get at this hotel (there's a small "pantry" in the lobby where you can buy snacks).

I also don't like the fact that they call this an "all-suite" hotel. It is not. It is an "all-kitchenette" hotel. They basically stick a kitchenette in a regular sized hotel room.

Some will find the cooking facilities useful. Some will also find the free laundry machines in the lobby useful. Some will not. Many will probably miss the fact that this hotel does not provide free breakfast, as is now customary in most chain motels.

It also seems like this hotel is expensive for what it is. Do not assume that, for $150, you're getting more than an entry-level extended stay property. Because that's all you're getting here.

So with all those caveats, I like this place. The staff was friendly. The facilities are new and "sparkling." The location is accessible (although program your GPS, because while it's near this large Bass Pro Shops, it's not visible from the major roads). But it's a basic extended stay motel. It is certainly not deserving of the "best hotel in Harrisburg" rating that it currently has on tripadvisor.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
red4474, Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for taking time to share your experience at our hotel! We share our reviews with our staff members so your feed back is very important to us as we want to be the best hotel we can be! We hope you will give us another try.Ian Madden Operations Manager
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed in a basic suite (1 bed). Better than a suite anywhere else I've been. Super Clean!!! Comfortable bed, quiet room, nice TV w/ Direct TV and DVD player. Full size fridge, 2 burner glass range, microwave. Huge bathroom. Amenities are great! Indoor pool & hot tub. On site laundry room, free. On site fitness center. On site "Cupboard" store. Brought my Husky with me since they are a pet friendly hotel. Staff was friendly and well informed of surrounding eateries and shopping locations. Candlewood is close to highways and shopping. They even ordered pizza for everyone on Wednesdays from 5PM - 7PM, all you can eat from Papa John's. Will most definitely be staying every time I am on business in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed you're stay with us! We take great pride in being the best we can be, and share all reviews with our staff. we hope to see you again soon! Ian Madden- Operations Mannager

Been to Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!