“Typical Applebee's. Good food. SLOW service.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #163 of 456 restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Typical Applebee's. Good food. SLOW service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My three sons (ages 5, 3, and 1) and I tried this place last weekend. The place was busy, but we were seated very quickly. That was appreciated. And the server was friendly, when present...which wasn't all that often.

It took far too long for our food to be delivered to our table, but as usual, the food was good! The mozzarella sticks are plentyful, large, hot, and the marinara in which to dip them is good.

My boys and I got the 2 for $20 meal. We each ordered the 7 ounce sirloin. I ordered theirs medium rare, and mine rare. Theirs was cooked perfectly. Mine was overcooked, as usual. Restaurants don't seem to know how to cook a rare steak these days. Typically if I order a steak medium rare, they actually cook it closer to rare than if I order it rare. Don't ask me why. It makes no sense to me. I ordered the applesauce with my boys' meal, and they brought out about 1/4th of a cup of it in a dish. Has the price of applesauce jumped so high that they can't provide any more than that?

The fries are good. The cole slaw is good once some salt is added. The mashed potatoes are also good. Nothing was great. Just good.

Go to Applebee's for a good meal. Don't go there expecting excellence. It's a chain. It'll be good, but it isn't going to be great.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

42% Recommend
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Service is Pathetic”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Great food, if you actually get it. Every time i've gone in here the service was lousy - even if there was no other folks in the store. Forget about getting the lunch special you'll take 2 hours to get a second salad that is the size of a coffee cup. Portions are ridiculously small on the lunch menu and i've had cold food there before served before my drink even arrived. I love Applebees but not this one.

Visited January 2012
Harrisburg
“A homey place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Love their decor that includes memorabilia from the local area. The menu offers moderately priced that never has failed to please. It is a nice place to meet friends for lunch.

Visited October 2011
Central Pennsylvania
“About an average visit to Applebee's Harrisburg”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Quick and friendly service, while we were greeted politely.
There were some nice beer specials, but I was not drinking since I was driving.
The food menu seemed a bit overpriced and neither as inexpensive or varied as Ruby Tuesday’s across town. My aunt enjoyed her cheese steak and I liked my rib platter, although they did seem a little dry compared to the usual at Applebee’s. My wife really liked her Lime Chicken.
People on this site complain about limited parking, but there is a large overflow parking lot out back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“subpar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

The food was ok. Not what I was excepting. Took a while to prepare but it was one of there busier nights. I have eaten at other Applebee's but I just wasn't feeling the right kinds of vibes about this one. Hard to find a parking also.

• Visited May 2012