“Good comfort food in a great atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Good comfort food in a great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were tired and hungry when we showed up at the capital diner. By the time we left, we were full of great home-style cooking, and invigerated by the great service by the staff. Food was prepared exactly as ordered, and delivered quickly. Don't pass on desert! The Capital Diner has a great selection of pies. We had the apple, and it was great!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Now that's a waffle!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We have been here several times, but today was a special occasion. It is our 25th anniversary and breakfast out is a special treat for us. My husband got the Capital Breakfast Special which is a LOT of breakfast food. I splurged on this special day and got the Belgian waffle topped with cherries and whipped cream. Oh my gosh! It was huge and it was hot! (Hot is important as we have been to other places where hot is not a priority for breakfast!). I didn't finish it but I came awfully close. I think it would be best for two people to share it and supplement it with some protein like eggs/meat. But today was a special day and I was NOT sharing! :)

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great food,they make what you want even if its not on the menu. Nice inside n out. We love it for breakfast and dinner.and there chicken fried steak is the Best in this part of the country.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Open 24 hrs, serve everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Chocolate MilkShake with Whipped Cream topped cherry. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu 24 hours.

Visited October 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Fast service; OK food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

After a long day of air travel, I stopped here on a Thursday evening around 7pm as it is right off the highway. I was seated immediately even tho the place was busy.
Huge menu. Ordered 2 broil crab cakes ($15.99). Numerous sides choices were available, but I selected hot bacon lettuce, cole slaw and pickled beets. Crab cakes had way too much bread in the crab mixture. Let me tell you, it was a hunt for the crab! Hot bacon lettuce was OK. Creamy cole slaw tasted a bit sour. LOVED the pickled beets! All portions were large and more than I could finish.
Service was fast when it came to greeting and delivering the food, but took longer than I expected to get a check.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere