“Always a great dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Columbus, Ohio
“Always a great dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were recently in Harrisburg again for vacation and always have to have dinner at the Progress Grill. The Progress Grill has been a staple in Harrisburg for longer than I can remember and each time we are never disappointed in the food. Another reviewer wrote "It's like stepping back in time in a good way," and I couldn't agree more. From drinks to dessert, we always have an excellent dinner.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Middletown, Pennsylvania
“Fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This place is like stepping into the past, in a good way! Always a special evening when we dine at the Progress Grill. I usually order seafood and am never disappointed!

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Some slippage over the years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Service was good and a little rushed as usual,
food was very good with the exception of the side veg. dish which was partially cooked and COLD!

Visited September 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Unimpressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I travel for business and this higher-end restaurant was close to my hotel so I decided to try it. Upon arrival, the place appeared to be a throw-back to the seventies. No problem, I grabbed a seat at the bar. The menu had all my favorites... sea bass, grouper, prime rib, lobster, and filet. I was at a loss for what to order. I asked a few questions and most of the fish is broiled in a lemon butter... no thanks. I asked about having the grouper blackened. To her credit, the bartender wanted to first make sure they had received a fresh shipment of grouper. Realizing that this dish was probably more of menu filler, I landed on the soft shell crab which I was sold on after being told it arrives alive and fresh daily and was in season. It was OK at best. The crab itself was large and high quality, but the preparation was not... it was very heavily sauteed, dripping with oil, and the flavor of the crab was lost. They should probably take a lesson from an Asian restaurant on how to prepare it? The Greek salad was just OK as well... good flavor but a lot of whitish-brown pieces of lettuce. The brocolli was supposedly steamed, but it I'm pretty sure it was just microwaved as it came out cold and rubbery with a runny cheese sauce on it. With a glass of wine and tip, I dropped $46. I left wondering if I should've just played it safe and had a cut of prime rib and french fries?

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Harrisburg, PA
“Still excellent!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Another dinner of a broiled crab cake & a filet, outstanding as always. My wife was very happy with her stuffed mushrooms

• Visited August 2012