“Very good and good value” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 466 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television
Description: We serve central PA's best BBQ specializing in Carolina style pulled pork, the juiciest sliced beef brisket and scratch-made sides.
Spotswood, New Jersey
“Very good and good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My family and I were looking for somewhere to eat in the Harrisburg area and came across reviews for Original BBQ. We were certainly not disappointed by the quality and quantity of food.
The restaurant is in the middle of a residential neighborhood and not where you would expect good BBQ. The inside is very plain. You go to the register, order your food and it is brought to your table. There was a steady stream of take-out and the restaurant really filled up by the time we left.
The portions are good and my wife and I were able to split a full rack of ribs with neither of us going home hungry. The large fries were big enough for my kids to split and still have plenty for us to munch on. They were delicious.
I recommend this place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
1 Thank TSCpsych

“Terrific food at a reasonable price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I heard good things about this place but didn't know if I believed them. I was pleasantly surprised with the flavor of the pork BBQ and the choice of several sauces to add to the rich taste. First, the small sandwich was quite large. I am a big eater but even I could have saved a portion of the generous sandwich. I would not even think about getting a large. Two people could easily split a small sandwich. My son ordered the wings and he said that they were his favorite even better than Arrogas or Ted's wings. The wings were large and meaty and the smell and taste were outstanding. We also ordered a large fry. That was a big mistake sine all of us ate the fries and we still had some left over. Two people could again easily split a small order of fries. The fries rivaled Boardwalk fries and were done just right. Overall I would rate the foods excellent. You can even top off your meal with Some of the best ice cream around. Yes - they even have the hard to find teaberry flavor. You gotta try this place. You will not be disappointed!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
2 Thank FoofGuy
Boston, Massachusetts
“Barbecue on the middle of nowhere! Loved.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

What a surprise. I looked for Barbecue while staying here for work and found this on Trip Advisory.
Impossible to arrive without a GPS.. You go around farms etc.
I had pulled pork with mashed potatoes. Loved. Price was great as well the portion!
My friend asked fries (i loved the ones i got from him) and biskets and loved as well.
I will return when going there.
Excelent price/quality!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
3 Thank Reginaldo B
Pleasant Gap, Pennsylvania
“Solid Choice for BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Sought out this place based on the reviews here and we were not disappointed. My wife and I like to try new restaurants when we travel, and we especially like BBQ, so this was a no-brainer to try.
-Service/Atmosphere- The building is pretty non descript and is a little out of the way, not far out of town, just off the beaten path, with plenty of parking. Inside is simple as well, very functional. Orders are taken at the counter and brought to your table by name, service was fairly quick, about five minutes for us to get our order. Overall very clean as well.
-Food- We ordered two sandwiches, the pulled pork and the brisket. Both were large portions, fair for the price. We also ordered the coleslaw, not a huge portion but well made, crisp cabbage and not soggy or drowned in sauce. Both of the sandwiches were solid, especially the brisket, which had a very pleasant smokey taste. I should say that the meat is not drenched in sauce, just a little for flavoring when served, they provide additional sauce if you want, and include both an original sweet tomato based sauce and a vinegar based carolina style sauce.
-Overall- The sandwiches are a good size, the meat is well prepared, the sauce was not one of the best I've had, but was solid (I did not care for the carolina sauce, mostly on personal preference). If you are in Harrisburg and don't mind a little navigating, I would recommend Official. We will be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
1 Thank Michael M
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We were in Harrisburg for a soccer tournament and found this hidden gem by doing some internet surfing. The burger was awesome, super juicy with melt in your mouth bacon. Portions were huge. We shared a pork bbq sandwich, burger and large fries between me, my husband & two growing boys. Friendly staff and clean casual atmosphere. We will definitely stop by next time we are in the area.

1 Thank Jessica V