“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 441 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television
Description: We serve central PA's best BBQ specializing in Carolina style pulled pork, the juiciest sliced beef brisket and scratch-made sides.
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We were in Harrisburg for a soccer tournament and found this hidden gem by doing some internet surfing. The burger was awesome, super juicy with melt in your mouth bacon. Portions were huge. We shared a pork bbq sandwich, burger and large fries between me, my husband & two growing boys. Friendly staff and clean casual atmosphere. We will definitely stop by next time we are in the area.

Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
“Great Bcue in Harrisburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Recently the Harrisburg area has had the opening of a number of very god barbecue restaurants. Having lived in Texas for a long period of time - I usually rate these bcue joints on the quality of their beef barbecue. Official barbecue has the best beef barbecue I have tasted in a long time. The side dishes of home made beans, slaw and fries are first rate. The others at my table raved about the pork barbecue too. If you are in our area, you need to try this place. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Camp Hill
“A restaurant is not a place for a TV”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have trying to eat at this restaurant for several months. But it is in the middle of nowhere several miles from my home. One would just not pass it but the reviews were good and I like BBQ. I was disappointed. The staff just works there! The ribs were not meaty for the price. The cornbread was good but that was an extra charge. There were lots of fries. I wonder about the authenticity of this place. There was official Carolina sauce-which Carolina?? So it was expensive for what you get, out of the way, and bothersome to have the TV playing. What ever happened to music?-The Carolina Chocolate Drops would have been perfect. Not every place should be a sports bar.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Just ok...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had seen so many glowing reviews that we were sure this would be a great spot for dinner - sadly it was disappointing. They have three types of BBQ (that I saw on the menu) pulled sandwich, ribs and brisket. Since it was our first time we pondered the menu for a few minutes trying to decide. When we stepped up to order my husband asked for ribs - no ribs, then he asked for brisket - no brisket. Um ok, sandwich it is. The young lady never mentioned it when she watched us take a menu and read it. There were about 6 people in there, other than us, and two people came in for pick up on a Friday night. Seemed odd to be out of 2/3 of your BBQ. The fries were pretty brown (which I *LOVE* but my husband said they were over cooked - more for me!) and the grilled cheese seemed more like a cheese spread that did not melt between the bread - it tasted good, but as it glopped onto my plate made me cringe a little. They have an excellent array of drinks - tried some Maine sodas that were awesome! It felt like college friends starting a restaurant - working on it, just not there yet. Maybe next time we are there we will give it second shot.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Will go again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Good food. Friendly service. Good value for your money. Kid friendly casual barbecue restaurant. No kid menu but portions are generous so it's easy to share. Order at the counter, self serve drinks, food is delivered to table on metal trays.