“Great Bcue in Harrisburg” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
“Great Bcue in Harrisburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Recently the Harrisburg area has had the opening of a number of very god barbecue restaurants. Having lived in Texas for a long period of time - I usually rate these bcue joints on the quality of their beef barbecue. Official barbecue has the best beef barbecue I have tasted in a long time. The side dishes of home made beans, slaw and fries are first rate. The others at my table raved about the pork barbecue too. If you are in our area, you need to try this place. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Camp Hill
“A restaurant is not a place for a TV”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have trying to eat at this restaurant for several months. But it is in the middle of nowhere several miles from my home. One would just not pass it but the reviews were good and I like BBQ. I was disappointed. The staff just works there! The ribs were not meaty for the price. The cornbread was good but that was an extra charge. There were lots of fries. I wonder about the authenticity of this place. There was official Carolina sauce-which Carolina?? So it was expensive for what you get, out of the way, and bothersome to have the TV playing. What ever happened to music?-The Carolina Chocolate Drops would have been perfect. Not every place should be a sports bar.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Just ok...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had seen so many glowing reviews that we were sure this would be a great spot for dinner - sadly it was disappointing. They have three types of BBQ (that I saw on the menu) pulled sandwich, ribs and brisket. Since it was our first time we pondered the menu for a few minutes trying to decide. When we stepped up to order my husband asked for ribs - no ribs, then he asked for brisket - no brisket. Um ok, sandwich it is. The young lady never mentioned it when she watched us take a menu and read it. There were about 6 people in there, other than us, and two people came in for pick up on a Friday night. Seemed odd to be out of 2/3 of your BBQ. The fries were pretty brown (which I *LOVE* but my husband said they were over cooked - more for me!) and the grilled cheese seemed more like a cheese spread that did not melt between the bread - it tasted good, but as it glopped onto my plate made me cringe a little. They have an excellent array of drinks - tried some Maine sodas that were awesome! It felt like college friends starting a restaurant - working on it, just not there yet. Maybe next time we are there we will give it second shot.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Will go again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Good food. Friendly service. Good value for your money. Kid friendly casual barbecue restaurant. No kid menu but portions are generous so it's easy to share. Order at the counter, self serve drinks, food is delivered to table on metal trays.

“Nice BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I decided to come here based on Trip Advisor's recommendation. Tried the baby back ribs, very strong smoke flavor. A little dry for my taste but still tender. There smoked chicken wings was a pleasant surprise. The pulled pork sandwich also pleased the table. I have to get used to the Carolina bbq sauce(a little watery). I enjoyed the original bbq sauce alot better. The kids had the hot dog, crisp just the way I like them. They lost me with the mac n cheese, I think they used white cheddar. Baked beans had a smorgasbord of flavor. If you're in Hershey, Harrisburg, or vicinity check them out!