“A wonderful respite during a busy day” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Au Bon Lieu

Au Bon Lieu
1 N. Third Street, On 3rd St facing the Whitaker Center Open from 10am to 8pm, Frid-Sat 10pm, Harrisburg, PA 17101
+1 717-743-1153
Cuisines: French, Creperie
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Harrisburg
“A wonderful respite during a busy day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I were wandering downtown looking for a place to grab a quick bite to eat during the middle of a very busy day that also happened to be our anniversary. We came upon Au Bon Lieu and decided to give it a try. What a fabulous decision that was!!! We sat outside at a small table for two. The owner and the server made us feel like celebrities, helping us to our table, moving chairs, etc. We ordered a stawberry and banana crepe that we planned to share. The owner brought what we had ordered, along with a complimentary sugar crepe to try. When he heard us mention our anniversary, he presented us with a red rose! The crepes were AMAZING!! Perfect texture, perfect flavor. Not too sweet, not too bland. Just Perfect. For half an hour, we felt like we were on vacation. This is a place that we plan to return to on a regular basis. As written previously, this is a small cafe with minimal seating. We were there at 2 pm, which seemed like a good time to go to avoid any crowd or line. There is table service. A lovely way to take a break!

• Visited May 2013

Wharton, New Jersey
“Great way to start the day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was the perfect way for my son and I to start the day, coffee, orange juice, and crepes. He had a chicken crepe and I had the salmon, both were delicious. This was the first time for him and he loved it. Left some room for a sweet dessert crepe, the plain sugar crepe will do, but there are other choices such as nutilla crepe. Just remember that they open at 10:00 am, as most everything in Harrisburg. The first time I was there I did not have any cash and the credit card machine was broken, they just told me to pay the next time I returned, which I did.

• Visited March 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“A gem in the city!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We've gone here for lunch several times. The service was excellent and accomodating. The crepes were delicious and the prices were very reasonable. The changed one of the crepes to match my request and did so with a smile. The dessert crepes were tasty, too!

• Visited January 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great crepes in a small town setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This small, cute and quaint place had delicious crepes with superb service. It's more a cafe and not much seating, but definitely worth visiting. This was my first time there and my girlfriend and I wanted somewhere with good, light fare that was delicious and allowed us an opportunity to catch up as I was visiting the area. The owner was very helpful, honest and all his recommendations were on point. The prices are super reasonable and I will definitely go back and visit again!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oakdale, New York, United States
“Delicious crepes and fantastic service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This small crepe cafe tucked in the streets of Harrisburg provided tastey crepes, some that were savory and more of a meal and others that were sweet and more like a dessert. Though small, the owner gave us awesome service. We got there toward closing time and I know how frustrating it is to get customers right before closing, but regardless of us probably being an inconvenience, the owner happily took our orders and made us some really good crepes. The price is definitely reasonable, about $5 per very large crepe. It's a great place for food at all times of the day, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited April 2013