“Quick one night stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Demotte, Indiana
“Quick one night stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Was looking for a hotel near Hershey that wasn't going to cost us $300 a night. Found this place only about 5 minutes away from Hershey with reasonable pricing. First time staying at a Sleep Inn so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Room was very nice, continental breakfast was also very good. I had friends stop by the hotel and the clerk called me right away to let me know they had arrived. Sports bar across the street was nice, and once again your very close to Hershey and you don't have to pay the extremely high summertime prices! Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Southern Pines, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Last reviewer, are you kidding?! Maybe it was isolated for a walker but the place was a stone's throw from Hershey and if you had driven down the street for about 5 minutes you would have found millions of stores and restaurants. Really nice, new place, the whole area had a power failure for a few hours after we arrived and the staff were very nice and apologetic about it. It was an act of God to the whole area but they insisted on giving us a 15% bill cut. Would stay there again. There's a self-serve car wash 2 miles east down the highway from the hotel if you're like me after a long drive.

S.P.N.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We spent only one night here on our way to Hershey. It was an average to above average property- very clean and well kept-looks pretty new. Now here is a first for me- when we got there the power was out (around 5:00pm). Lots of folks standing outside and lots in the lobby. When we go in & find all was dark we went on to the reception desk. This is where I was impressed! The young slender fellow at the desk (wish I had gotten his name) was so nice & put forth such a happy manner that (even this weary traveler after driving 9 hours) I had to smile because he spoke to us like friends. He couldn't check us in on the computer but had our reservation on a list and showed us to our room. We had no AC so we opened the window and opened our books and listened to our 'neighbors' outside who were waiting for the power to return too. It was just about 15 minute after dark and the power came back on. When we went down to check-in they said to just wait til tomorrow at check-out. Very trusting-I thought. We slept well and had to be up and out by 9:00am. There was a different man at check out -again very nice. Now this power outage was not their fault and we understood that fact but when we looked at the bill after we checked out, there was a discount on the bill for the lack of power the night before. In my book a place with this kind of service is a great deal!

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

First, we had no idea that the hotel was located so far from "anything." It was in the "boonies" and we have no idea why anyone would want to build a chain hotel there. Anyway, the hotel, itself, was reasonable with average facilities and average comfort. Certainly not bad, but on the other hand, not anything to write home about. However, the next morning we found that the breakfast was quite bad. We scarfed down a little then gave up. Later that morning we stopped elsewhere and had a mid-morning snack. If you are ever in the area of hotel (Allentown Road) and need a place to sleep, then this would be OK. But, you might need to look elsewhere for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Be careful when you look for Choice Hotels as not all are pet friendly. I selected this Sleep Inn from their website as it was in the area where I needed to be but when I got there, I found out they don't allow pets. Fortunately, the Comfort Inn and Suites down the street does (another Choice Hotel) so all was well.

Just be careful when booking hotels you think are pet friendly - be sure you double check first.

I am giving a high service rating because they helped me find a near by pet friendly hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This Sleep Inn seems almost new. The hotel, grounds, and room were very clean. The price was a bit high I thought but comparable to other similar hotels near Hershey. Comfortable bed and pillows, great AC, tons of Direct TV channels, fridge and micro, and no bugs. Friendly customer service with a smile from Neil. Breakfast could have been better. Waffles were bland and the eggs and sausage looked sorry so I didn't try them. Coffee was good as were the pastries. This is a great spot from which to explore the area of Hershey, Harrisburg, and vicinity. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are probably noisier than other floors due to patron and staff traffic in the hall...