“I was excited about this place” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Paciano, Italy
“I was excited about this place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I wanted to love it. I am disappointed. I have eaten there 4 times, hoping to have a different experience. I haven't. I first ate here very early after their opening. That visit, the service was friendly, but terrible. It was slow and things were forgotten, mischarged, etc. I chalked it up to newness. Unfortunately, on my successive visits there have continued to be problems with the wait staff. Again, they were friendly, but simply not well-trained or not good.

The atmosphere is nice. I haven't been for the live music, but that's a nice offering.

The food, whilemostly good, was not outstanding. It is standard and one-dimensional...something cajun food is not. People rave about the mac and cheese, but I found it to be dry and lacking flavor. The menu is over-priced for the quality of the food in my opinion. I did enjoy the greens (and my friend loved the mac and cheese), but the price for a tiny serving (think jello dish from hospital cafeteria half filled) was $2.50, so going to enjoy one of the well-prepared side dishes is not really an option.

The surroundings may dictate higher prices (nice interior and finishes, white linens, etc.), but the food is not worthy of the higher charge.

I like the owner. He is passionate and has some good dishes on the menu. Unfortunately, he's not a restauranteur (catered before opening the restaurant). Lack of good service and the fact that he is serving northern interpretations of cajun kitchen dishes at fine dining prices, mean I won't be returning. Sorry.

• Visited May 2012