“Going to go Downhill Fast!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   265 N. Hershey Road, off I-81 at Exit 77, Harrisburg, PA 17112   |
Ranked #10 of 51 hotels in Harrisburg
Canandaigua, New York
“Going to go Downhill Fast!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Nice new VERY contemporary lodging that housekeeping issues are quickly going to make this place old before it's time.
From the elevator with a dirty carpet along all sides & hand-prints on the inside door (what else do you have to look at while in an elevator?) to the littered hallway carpet to the same in our room, doesn't management look at the same things too?
Breakfast, think Super 8 and you probably over-rated it! I brought these concerns to management upon check-out trying to be helpful as someone who spent 27 years on the road averaging 200+ nights annually, but all I heard were excuses & defensiveness.
As "AishaP670" said a few reviews before; "Overpraised".

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

260 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Fort Myers, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

great place with a great family restaurant right next door..Highly recommend both. The place was exremely clean and the people very friendly. The restaurant next door had all homemade food and a great wait staff.. This is a diamond place to stay. Easy off and on the highway.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The manager here was excellent. She did her best to provide us a comfortable room as I was 7 months pregnant and had a toddler with us as well. She gave us a very spacious room and it was totally worth it! I just wish it had a pool or a little bit of activity for our little one. Overall, a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cape May, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

nothing fancy about this place but its clean and provides a nice room....was here just for a night and absolutely served my purpose.....the bed was very comfortable.....plenty of pillows........shower was great.......lots of pressure..the breakfast good enough and got us on our way.....all in all this was a solid place.....I would not hesitate to come back and actually plan to do so again next year......

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Brookhaven, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Based upon the reviews on Trip Advisors, I decided to dwell at your Laquinta Inn Suites located at 265 N. Hershey Road over this past weekend. However, based upon my experience, this newly renovated hotel is overpromised & overrated.

When I checked in, I noticed a sign stating check-out was 11:00 a.m. yet via your website it states check-out is 12:00 p.m. I mentioned the discrepancy to the front desk while checking in and was told I was misinformed. To the next issue, while my daughter was using the lavatory, I noticed no toilet paper. Called the front desk and was informed I needed to come get it since she was the only one working. Asked for an additonal pillow and was informed none were available. Lastly, while in the tub, I became drenched by a leaking ceiling. Again, informed front desk assuming they would move me to a different room, sadly nothing was done.

This was my first and last time at your hotel. The services received was beyond incompetent & abysmal.

Just how you read the good comments, you also need to know about the deplorable or not so good experiences.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed only one night while going to Hershey. We were greeted by a clearly annoyed front desk employee. We arrived at 1:30 pm and I asked if our room was ready. We were told rudely that in fact check in was at 3 pm. I stated in my question that I knew we were early but we were wondering if a room was ready. She looked at me like I was from a different planet. The chlorine in the pool was overwhelming and could be smelled from the lobby and the elevator. Hotel is less than a year old and already you can tell that it will be worn out soon. It is not properly maintained. Breakfast was very crowded, not enough seating. Messes everywhere with no staff to clean up. One worker did come and she did try to refill and clean, but she seemed to not really care. Look, it was super cheap and the place is new so there is an upside. Room was clean when we came in. You get what you pay for. We won't be back. In this price range, I would head to a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!