“Great NEW hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   265 N. Hershey Road, off I-81 at Exit 77, Harrisburg, PA 17112   |
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Mt Airy
“Great NEW hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

It was nice to stay in a brand new hotel! Very close to Hershey. Very reasonable price compared to others so close to Hershey. Staff was great too. We needed extra towels and they were delivered promptly. Pool towels were replenished promptly too. Breakfast was plentiful. Waffle maker was popular. We would stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Dinwiddie, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hotel is very new, very clean. Staff was friendly, easy check in and out. Breakfast was average but restaurant beside hotel was great. Best French toast ever! Close to Hershey Park will definatelygo stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from elevator, doorbell like ding very time, very annoying at night
Cleveland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I, along with our 2 boys, stayed 2 nights at the La Quinta in August. The hotel is new and is in a great location to access everything in the area. The lobby is very modern and bright, and breakfast is served each morning, although it is closed by 9am. There is a bank of computers available to guests in the lobby as well as a large screen TV.

We didn't spend much time at the hotel since we were sight-seeing most of the time, but our room was basic with 2 double beds and a bath. One drawback was that there were 3 pillows on each bed. This would have been fine if there was only one person per bed, but when there are two people per bed, one person only gets one pillow. Also, we did not request that our bed linens be changed since we were there for a short time, but housekeeping did not even make up the beds which seemed a little odd too me. We did receive fresh towels though.

There was wireless access in the room which made it nice for everyone in my family who had laptops and ipods. There seemed to be some areas of the hotel (i.e., the elevator) in which the construction company should be called back to finish or repair, but I assume the hotel really wanted to open for the summer season so hopefully the touch-ups will be done later this year.

There is a full-service restaurant located right in the parking lot which makes it easy to grab something to eat or drink without having to drive.

Overall our stay was OK, we were not looking for anything luxurious, mainly a place to sleep during our stay in the Hershey area. The La Quinta worked out fine.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor as they are quieter. The pool and lobby are on the 1st floor.
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed here in August for an overnight to visit Hersheypark. Hotel was very modern, clean and staff at the desk was very friendly. Easily accessible to Hersheypark, about a 10 minute drive to the park. Beds and pillows were very comfortable after a long day and night at Hersheypark. The only issue was the breakfast in the morning....very chaotic and staff that did the breakfast were not friendly at all. Not enough room to deal with all the people on a weekend. Need more toasters, microwaves, waffle makers, etc. in order to make this better. All in all I would stay here again for a Hersheypark trip.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Although I was pleased with the hotel during our stay I became very annoyed when on our drive home we realized that my son had forgotten something in the room and when I called back to notify them of this they had told me that nothing has been turned into lost and found and that all rooms were cleaned because they were fully booked for that night. I then asked to speak with a manager, but there was not on available to talk to me. I then asked the front desk to have the manager call me the following day and left my name and number. I still have not gotten a phone call. So my only conclusion is that what my son left behind was stolen by house keeping. Therefore I will not stay at this hotel again nor give it a good review.

• Stayed August 2012

boston, ma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed here for three nights to visit Hershey Park. The hotel just opened three months ago.
Pros:
close to Hershey Park (about 5 miles away), easily accessible, nice staff, nice breakfast, nice modern decor (very modern).
Cons:
The hallway carpet is a very dark color therefore dirt is easily noticable. It needed to be vacumed the whole time we were there but never was. Elevator floor needed to be vacumed (candy wrappers, paper, etc. on the floor, again, still there after three days). Fingerprints on the walls of the elevator and doors (again, needed to be cleaned). On the second day that we were there, someone wrote "clean me" on the elevator door the way you would see on dirty cars. The following day finally someone cleaned the door. The floor in front of the elevator stained, again needed to be cleaned which finally was on the third day. Rooms were nice but furniture looked very beat up, scratches, dents, etc. Again this hotel opened only 3 months ago but looked like it's about 10 years old. Furniture was also very dusty. Do they have vacuum cleaners? All you really need to maintain this hotel is a good vacuum cleaner. The mirror in the bathroom had water/soap stains when we checked in and they were still there every day. This would be a very nice hotel if they would do a better job maintaining it. As for pets, we too noticed that pets are allowed and saw dogs walking into the lobby and near the breakfast area. Not sure if that is such a good idea. One day when we were returning, I looked up and sitting by one of the windows was a cat enjoying the view out the window. One day while I was in the elevator a man walked into the elevator with a huge crate (for the dog) while his son had the dog on a leash. The elevator is not very big but we were all squeezed in with the crate and the dog (large dog) who was obviously very anxious to get out. When we arrived to the first floor the dog almost jumped on a child who was standing near the elevator with a plate of breakfast food. Again, I've seen this trend of allowing dogs in hotels and I don't think is a good idea. What about people who are allergic to dogs or cats? Also for sanitary reasons I don't see how this is allowed.

Overall, nice hotel if it would be kept clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Westport, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I read many good reviews and decided to book a 2 night stay. When I arrived I noticed someone bringing their dog in. We soon realized pets were permitted. I thought ok, I am sure they must really clean the rooms well. I entered my room to find a filthy dirty bathroom. There was hair in the tub, the floor, the bathroom sink top and sink. The hall closet was filled with dust and hair. We couldn't even put clothes in the draws because they too were filled with dust and dog hair. I saw the maid on the floor and asked her to come clean the bathroom. I should have just went back to the front desk to request another room, but figured it would be just as bad. The maid said whoever cleaned the room didn't do it right. After the maid left I noticed, the carpet was not vacuumed. There were chips, more long black hair and dog hair on the floor. I booked a king with a pullout couch for the kids. The pullout had no sheets. When leaving for Hershey Park, I asked if we could get sheets for the couch. The front desk representative stated yes, you can get them when you come back for the evening, no problem. Upon my return, I was waiting in a line to ask the night worker for a blanket and sheets. He looked up at me and said are you going to ask me for a blanket. I stated yes. He then stated "no blankets". I couln't believe how rude he was. I walked up to the desk and said what do you mean no blanket. He said I have no blankets. I said I need sheets, a blanket and pillow. He said "no blankets, no pillows". I asked where are my kids suppose to sleep? He said "what do you expect me to do, have 80 blankets laying around". I was shocked. I then stated, I booked a reservation for 2 adults and kids. I specifically asked for a pull out couch. He said "nothing I can do, we have kids in every room and everyone wants blankets". He walked away to the back room and brought me a blanket. He must have given me his blanket that he uses during the evening. Who knows. This hotel would be nice if they kepted it clean and had nicer staff. The floors in the elevator were gross, the carpets throughout the hallways appeared to not be vacuumed in days. I highly recommend you find somewhere else to stay. I frequent another Laquinta in Chicago for business. I have nevered had the experience I had here. TERRIBLE!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!