You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   265 N. Hershey Road, off I-81 at Exit 77, Harrisburg, PA 17112   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Florida, New York
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Stayed overnight . The lobby is great! I have never seen such decor in a hotel chain. Room was very nice. My kids loved the flat screen TV. I would stay here again. Breakfast was a little frazzled....not enough seating . coffee in breakfast area was not good. The beds were sooo comfy and the pillows were great. Nice stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Colonia, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This hotel just opened, so they have a few kinks to work out. I agree with other comments related to Housekeeping. We found some leftovers in our room. I also noticed that, if you are sleeping in, the Housekeeping staff was not particularly considerate of speaking quietly in the hallways. Hotel guests that were early risers were considerate, but the doors to the rooms do make a loud noise when closing (I am a very light sleeper, not an issue for my son, who could sleep through anything).

We did not try the breakfast.

I did not like the pool and hot tub. I found it to be slippery and a very steep angle to get in an out. The pool takes a very sudden drop from 3 feet to deeper water. There is a strip on the bottom of the pool to mark it, but it really should be more clearly indicated. Hot tub temperature was luke warm only. Each time we went, there were not any towels and had to drip through the lobby area to request some.

The purpose of our visit was Hersheypark, and it was a very easy and traffic free trip to and from. It seemed like the traffic into Hersheypark was all coming from the other direction.

The rate that we were offered was good. If I got a good rate, I would consider staying again, but I will definitely shop around first.

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Just returned from Hershey PA for a family reunion and had the pleasure of staying at the La Quinta Hotel. Given my past experience at other La Qunita Hotels, I was expecting it to be substandard. I was pleasantly surprised w/ the La Quinta in Harrisburg-- The colorful art deco decor, open design, and unique white leather chairs in the lobby gave this a delightful & airy feel. The room was very nice. But, I would have liked a safe in the room as well as extra blankets. Unfortunately, there were none to be found.

Our children who are teenagers shared another room and enjoyed the breakfast that was offered the next morning at the hotel. Most of our family stayed at the Days Inn in Grantville, but wished they had selected La Quinta instead! There is a 24-hour Perkins Restaurant down the street as well as another restaurant right next door to the hotel. Another plus, is the the hotel is on the main road that takes you right to Hershey Park! I hope the other La Quinta Hotel Owers are improving their properties to this standard as well! We had a great time!!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

our first time at this new hotel, we usually stay at the Hershey Hampton Inn but it way to freaking expensive this year. We liked this hotel and it really is very nice but they have a few kinks to work out. I'm a member of the frequent guest club at la Quinta but the hotel was totally unfamiliar with ther program. If you want to take advantage of the complimentary beakfast make sure you get there when it opens as they don't refill it and we witnessed the General Manager telling the very nice Hostess to shut it down at exactly 9:00 AM and he was very serious about it. So when we got there at 8:50 it was pretty much empty.
It's a shame that they have a beautiful new hotel but yet find they have to try and save a few bucks on breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Green Bay, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Hotel is new and in a convenient location. Rooms and breakfast are as expected from La Quinta which is pretty good.

However the hotel is not cleaned well. The carpets are dirty as was the pool area. Our room had an old newspaper under the desk when we checked in. This is surprising as the hotel just opened. We probably will choose a different hotel in the area next time.

• Stayed July 2012
Midwest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

What a reason to withhold that final star. But I hope management reads T/A. The hallways and elevator were not vacuumed during our entire stay. Seriously. That's not the hallmark of someone/group who should be in the hotel business.

Now for the good: really good-looking lobby for a moderately-priced hotel. The room was very nice (and well-vaccumed!): contemporary Pottery Barn like decor: dark wood, contemporary sink with large shelf underneath (great touch), padded leather headboards.

The breakfast is fine but very low on protein (no sausage or bacon/ham), hardboiled eggs but it's hard to have faith in their careful handling when no one is vacuuming the public spaces (honestly).

I would encourage this very new property to pay attention to small details to gain confidence.

The hallway leading from the parking lot to the interior door on the first floor was filthy and I use that word carefully.

Again on the plus side: they have an indoor pool and hot tub/whirlpool.

For the price, it's an OK choice but the public space thing has to be addressed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!