“Housekeeping Thieves” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Fairfield, Pennsylvania, United States
“Housekeeping Thieves”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Room was extremely clean, and facility was very nice. However I left a small carryon bag of cosmetics in my room and was told that housekeeping never turned it in and that they "Probably threw it away". On the same stay a friend of mine in a different room left a Memory Foam Pillow that was mysteriously never found also. I find it interesting that two different rooms had items that were never recovered by housekeeping staff. I think they need to clean house of housekeeping!!!

Room Tip: I would not stay here, if you can't trust the housekeeping staff, what else is there that you ca...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the overall facility. I am sorry that you feel we did not correct your issue with leaving belongings behind. The hotel did return the pillow to your friend. It was shipped via UPS as we have previously discussed. As per the small makeup bag that you had stated was also left behind, we would have been discarded it due to sanitary purposes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Johnston, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is the first time I have written a review for tripadvisor or any other travel site and I am doing this because I cannot sleep in this room. I am a loyal Hilton HHonors Diamond member. You can notice right away this hotel is nice and new. However, the upper level rooms near Interstate 81 literally vibrate. I started typing this from my iPad in Rm 325 after I turned out the lights and put my head on my pillow and heard a steady low rumble noise. I called the front desk to ask if there was a laundry room below me and explained to her the bottle of water on my nightstand clearly displayed vibrations. She said the hotel is only 7 months old but they are aware of this common complaint. This is a terrible choice of location by someone. I am no engineer but this feels like (literally...) a lawsuit waiting to happen between the parties tied to the construction and ownership of the hotel. Sorry Hilton but this deserved a rating of poor at best.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. The front desk did offer to switch rooms to the other side of the hotel, which you had declined. Even for the second evening of your stay. We also offered earplugs and several other options which were also declined. There are many people that have stated that they do not mind that side of the hotel. Yes, our hotel is located close to the highway which makes us cconveniently located to many locations, even the one that you were visiting. We would certainly be happy to put a request into your profile for the other side of the hotel should you be interested in returning.
Al Muharraq, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Just like the title states, I was very satisfied with my stay at this Hampton Inn. I've stayed at several Hampton Inns in the Harrisburg area and this one definitely deserves a repeat stay. I usually visit the area a few times a year and I've always stayed at the Hampton Inn-West. But I wanted to try this new one and it turned out to be a good choice.

I've tried the other Hampton Inn on Union Deposit and that was a terrible experience and it sent me back to the Hampton Inn West. Which is one of my favorites. Now I will have to add this hotel to my favorite list.

My room did not face the highway so I did not have any issues with the noise from the traffic.

Staff was very friendly, nice and accommodating.

The hotel was relatively new when I stayed there in Nov 2012 and everything was nice and clean and moderned updated furnishings. Hopefully on my next visit, I will still be impressed with this hotel.

Room Tip: if you're a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the highway noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for you wonderful comments. We are glad that you gave us a chance and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again.
syosset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The hotel is so clean and the staff is so nice and very accommodating. The only complaint is the noise from the highway. I left something valuable in the room when I checked out and did not realize it for a couple of days. The housekeeping staff had found it and was kind enough to turn it in. The staff help get it returned to me.

Room Tip: A room opposite the highway is necessary!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. Our staff takes great pride in having clean rooms and great hospitality. We hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for one night. I think it's been built recently. It was a nice room and friendly service. It has free wifi and good cable channels. It was a little difficult for me to find in an unfamiliar city, I needed to use my GPS. Once, I found it the room was great.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your great comments. Yes, our property just opened June 28th, 2012. We hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again.
Williamsville, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Have never been dissatisfied with a Hampton. This hotel is about 6 months old. Hotel and room very clean. Friendly staff on all shifts. Had a King suite which included 1 King bed and sofabed. Sofabed was comfortable, for a sofabed. This was an open floorplan and spacious with a large desk dividing the King bed from the sofabed. Included mini fridge and microwave and kitchenette. Cannot comment on highway noise that other reviews mentioned. Our room was on the other side. Only 1 minor thing. Left toothbrush in a sandwich bag on a paper cup in the bathroom. Housekeeping must have thrown it away when cleaning. No big deal, had travel toothbrush in my purse. ALso, had bottled beer in fridge and left the cardboard carrier on the kitchen counter. Housekeeping threw it out. Had to carefully pack unopened beer bottles for trip home so bottles wouldn't break. Complementary breakfast was good. Ususal Hampton breakfast. Would stay here again when in town. Only 15-20 minutes from Hershey. Close to highway exit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for the wonderful comments. Our staff takes great pride in offering outstanding service. We will mention to our housekeeping department about watching when discarding items. We hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again.
North CArolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

What can I say, the Hilton website needs a disclaimer
Loudest hotel ever! Constant noise all night
They need to make sure you get ear plugs - mandatory on odd # rooms (freeway side)
People working there are nice, food is ok.
Nice rooms - but very noisy

Room Tip: Beware and always ask for EVEN number room if you HAVE to stay there
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Yes, our facility is conveniently located off of I-81 and some guests, who are light sleepers, have difficulty with the road noise. Our hotel does have complimentary earplugs available at the front desk.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North? Share your experiences!