“Very Impressed with the new Hampton Inn North” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay in Dine Out
Ranked #3 of 51 hotels in Harrisburg
Al Muharraq, Bahrain
“Very Impressed with the new Hampton Inn North”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Just like the title states, I was very satisfied with my stay at this Hampton Inn. I've stayed at several Hampton Inns in the Harrisburg area and this one definitely deserves a repeat stay. I usually visit the area a few times a year and I've always stayed at the Hampton Inn-West. But I wanted to try this new one and it turned out to be a good choice.

I've tried the other Hampton Inn on Union Deposit and that was a terrible experience and it sent me back to the Hampton Inn West. Which is one of my favorites. Now I will have to add this hotel to my favorite list.

My room did not face the highway so I did not have any issues with the noise from the traffic.

Staff was very friendly, nice and accommodating.

The hotel was relatively new when I stayed there in Nov 2012 and everything was nice and clean and moderned updated furnishings. Hopefully on my next visit, I will still be impressed with this hotel.

Room Tip: if you're a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the highway noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for you wonderful comments. We are glad that you gave us a chance and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again.

299 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
syosset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The hotel is so clean and the staff is so nice and very accommodating. The only complaint is the noise from the highway. I left something valuable in the room when I checked out and did not realize it for a couple of days. The housekeeping staff had found it and was kind enough to turn it in. The staff help get it returned to me.

Room Tip: A room opposite the highway is necessary!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. Our staff takes great pride in having clean rooms and great hospitality. We hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for one night. I think it's been built recently. It was a nice room and friendly service. It has free wifi and good cable channels. It was a little difficult for me to find in an unfamiliar city, I needed to use my GPS. Once, I found it the room was great.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your great comments. Yes, our property just opened June 28th, 2012. We hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again.
Williamsville, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Have never been dissatisfied with a Hampton. This hotel is about 6 months old. Hotel and room very clean. Friendly staff on all shifts. Had a King suite which included 1 King bed and sofabed. Sofabed was comfortable, for a sofabed. This was an open floorplan and spacious with a large desk dividing the King bed from the sofabed. Included mini fridge and microwave and kitchenette. Cannot comment on highway noise that other reviews mentioned. Our room was on the other side. Only 1 minor thing. Left toothbrush in a sandwich bag on a paper cup in the bathroom. Housekeeping must have thrown it away when cleaning. No big deal, had travel toothbrush in my purse. ALso, had bottled beer in fridge and left the cardboard carrier on the kitchen counter. Housekeeping threw it out. Had to carefully pack unopened beer bottles for trip home so bottles wouldn't break. Complementary breakfast was good. Ususal Hampton breakfast. Would stay here again when in town. Only 15-20 minutes from Hershey. Close to highway exit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for the wonderful comments. Our staff takes great pride in offering outstanding service. We will mention to our housekeeping department about watching when discarding items. We hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again.
North CArolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

What can I say, the Hilton website needs a disclaimer
Loudest hotel ever! Constant noise all night
They need to make sure you get ear plugs - mandatory on odd # rooms (freeway side)
People working there are nice, food is ok.
Nice rooms - but very noisy

Room Tip: Beware and always ask for EVEN number room if you HAVE to stay there
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Yes, our facility is conveniently located off of I-81 and some guests, who are light sleepers, have difficulty with the road noise. Our hotel does have complimentary earplugs available at the front desk.
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a beautiful new Hampton property and the staff is great. I have to write a review however, to say that you must request a room on the front side of the hotel for a peaceful night of sleep. I stay in hotels 70+nights a year and this was by far the noisiest room I've ever stayed in. I did not sleep for more than 20 minutes at a time due to the very loud interstate traffic that does not slow down overnight. I tried turning on the fan and even playing music, but I prefer quiet at night and it was a struggle. I must say that the staff was apologetic and moved me to a room on the front side of the hotel for my second night's stay. I plan on returning to this property, but I'll know to make the request next time.

Room Tip: Request front side of hotel, away from interstate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. We do appreciate your business and am glad to hear that you will be returning to stay with us again.
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a great new hotel, and there is only one issue - NOISE! It can be very loud if you are on the I-81 side and if you aren't on the top floor, people above you are very loud, even if they aren't. SUPER friendly, top of the line staff, very clean, and awesome new rooms and upgrades. BEST Hampton I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Choose the non I-81 side (unless you like the sound of constant traffic - and some do!)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and certainly look forward to the opportunity to have you stay with us again!!!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North? Share your experiences!