Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey) to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8000 Jonestown Road, Harrisburg, PA 17112   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #32 of 51 hotels in Harrisburg
NJ
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for the weekend in Hershey. Check-in process was good. Very friendly front desk. The room was large and boasted a sitting area. I felt that it could have been decorated better or "updated". Bathroom was clean. Overall I thought it was pretty decent for $125 per night including breakfast. As far as what I didn't like.....the noise in the hallway after 10pm was unbelievable. Kids running up and down the halls for a while. Not sure if the walls are thin or I encountered a noisy crowd that weekend but I did have to sign a "noise policy" at check-in so I get the feeling it happens alot. The indoor pool was not heated and freezing. Dirty towels thrown everywhere and there were what appeared to be large black bugs in the whirlpool. The breakfast area was SOOOO overcrowded, it was pure insanity to get a thing to eat. Not enough seats for everyone so people literally wait for you to get up. In all fairness, I am not sure if this is how it is all the time but this is what I experienced on my weekend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel is awesome. To start off, Kady (front Desk) was so polite and very helpful. She gave me information on Hersey Park and also other attractions in the area. My concern was the gas situation in PA since we were traveling from New York (were we have NO gas due to the storm).She assured me that PA was fine and my trip will not be a disappointment. When we arrived late that night Kady along with Frankie greeted us with a big smile. We have never experienced the warmth from another hotel. They offered us a hot drink and cookies for the kids. they made check in fast and easy and they also offered great places to eat. They both went above their means to give us an awesome stay at this hotel. the rooms were very clean and warm and the breakfast was good. Thank you Barb for the great breakfast and the good conversation we had. The staff in this hotel was Great and the hotel was AWESOME. I will recommend this hotel to everyone and will definitely return back. SEE YOU GUYS SOON!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This place was great! We were upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite and decided to stay another night. The desk staff (Frankie) was very helpful, and the lady who ran the breakfast area couldn't do enough for us. The room was clean, quiet and very well equipped. Breakfast had a good selection and was all fresh. Hot coffee and tea were always available in the foyer. A great little hotel!
Frankie recommended the Hershey Road Family Restaurant across the road where we ate both nights. It had a good choice of very tasty dishes for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mesa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy was heading to the Northeast so we drove inland to escape the worst of it. This hotel was a great spot to hunker down and watch the rain and wind from our window. Our room had extremely comfortable beds & pillows; plush towels; a showerhead that even a very tall person would like; good choices at breakfast (which was above-average for comparable hotels); excellent cookies at the front counter; very helpful & friendly staff; and an excellent internet connection. The only negative was the fitness room, which we do like to use. There were only 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical and 1 weight machine. All the equipment was in working condition, so overall the facility was adequate but not fantastic. It would have been nice if the TV had worked there and if there had been water available. But these nits are not a big deal. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Roanoke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I made a reservation for this hotel over the phone, using the business card that I picked up from the front desk when we stopped on our way north for the day. I called, made a reservation, gave my credit card number, etc. etc. When we arrived, late evening, there was no record of our reservation, but the front desk assistant, Franki, took care of everything. He was wonderful. He got us in to a room and after getting everyone settled I came back with the confirmation I had received by email. It was for a different Country Inn & Suites!! I had record of dialing the number for the property we were at, but somehow we were reserved for a different hotel. I was so tired that I asked Franki to please call them and see about my reservation and getting the charges reversed on my credit card. He jumped on it and in no time everything was resolved. You really value service like this when you are travelling, tired and worried. The room itself was very comfortable and the breakfast was fine. I appreciated the fresh fruit and good, strong coffee. This is an exit for Hershey Park and handles a volume of tourists, so the property is in amazingly good condition for an end-of-season overnight.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
home
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This was our first stay at a CI&S. The hotel was extremely reasonable, $119 per night, I think. The hotel was easy to find. It was located about five miles, an easy drive, from Hershey Park. We passed another CI&S on the way, but we suspect it would have been more expensive. The rooms were very clean. The hotel looked new. the two queen beds and pull-out couch meant there was plenty of sleeping space for our group of five. The two separate rooms meant that those who stayed up late did not disturb those who went to bed earlier. The full, hot breakfast was very good, with a lot of variety. Free cookies at the desk, free wi-fi and complimentary newspapers were all nice touches. Overall, our experience would encourage us not only to return to this property again, but to stay at other CI&S in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Water damage and mold growing in the room. Peeling paint and smelly. Breakfast area was very crowded and the line took forever. Ride to Hershey park and overall area was nice. Pool was clean and not crowded.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)

Address: 8000 Jonestown Road, Harrisburg, PA 17112
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg
Ranked #32 of 51 hotels in Harrisburg
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey) 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Carlson, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Tingo and Despegar.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn And Suites By Carlson Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey) Hotel Harrisburg
Country Inn Harrisburg Ne
Harrisburg Country Inn

If you own or manage Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey), register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.