“Some of us liked it, some of us didn't” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #255 of 439 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American
Ardmore, Alabama
“Some of us liked it, some of us didn't”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

One of us loved the burger; Another didn't really care for it. I had the black forest sandwich - It had a prezel roll, turkey and bacon - and I really enjoyed it. I didn't care for the house beer which was the Red Fox Amber. Other beer was good though. Service was good. If you like Sports Bars, the atmosphere was great. We would go back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Audubon, New Jersey
“Food was good, service was OK.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The food was typical for a bar restaurant that is like an Applebee’s or Chili’s. Service was great on some days and not so much on others, so I guess it is specific to when you are there. Overall there are not to many choices close by, so this is a good place for a quick sit down mea

Visited April 2013
Harrisburg pa
“VERY HARRISBURG”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

WE couldn't wait for this bar & grill to get here, as we frequent Fox & Hound @ King of Prussia. But, unfortunately, I think the regular staff~~left! Every time we go there, they have a different manager, so it is hard, as no one gets trained, properly! Like the cook. When I order something, it comes out wrong, (where is the "manager" to expedite these MEALS??) then they compt the check. I don't want a free meal, I want the meal I ordered, BUT, THIS SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM IN "HARRISBURG"! WE used to go to 5 different restaurants, before F & H came here & will not go back to any of them, for the same issue. People are NOT properly trained & what's up with the "waitress" @ Fox & Hound wearing a midriff top & pants that were so LOW, it looked like a strip joint! outfit!! Families COME HERE, for goodness sake! I know these guys, who started this had good intentions....but..... WE HOPE THINGS IMPROVE.
Also, their prices of wine went UP! Why, no other restaurant/bar or grill did.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“nothing special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Can find this fare in any diner. Way overpriced for a burger and fries or fish n chips. Not too flavorful, either. Like they got it in frozen and just threw it in the fryer. I can pay half the price elsewhere for the same quality.

Visited October 2012
New Jersey
“What a surprise...great food & atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Five of us went to a restaurant in the same shopping complex as the Fox and Hound. That restaurant had a 1 1/2 hour wait. We walked over to the Fox and Hound to see if we could get in there. As we entered, the place looked really nice with a sports bar feel. The hostess and another staff member took our names as she told us it would be 15 minutes. The bar was comfortable and our female bartender was friendly and even offered for us to eat our food at the bar. We ordered soda, wine & beer. After 30 minutes, we thought the hostess forgot us , but 5 minutes later our table was ready. Our waitress at our table was excellent and even made beer suggestions like Angry Orchard. We all got something different & everyone was happy. I ordered the pesto feta pizza and it was great and I even had leftovers. My friend loved her flatbread choice. The others ordered hamburgers and they looked huge. Our waitress checked on us and happily filled our drinks and brought more napkins.
The atmosphere was awesome and the large televisions had different sports on. It was a mixed crowd of families, couples, and friends dining. We will be back to eat here the next time we are in town for another event. I gave it only 4 stars since I feel the hostess & the girls up front there should stay off their cellphones and just be a tad more responsive to guests that come in. Yes, I saw this while sitting at the bar waiting for our table. Food is 5 stars.

• Visited February 2013