“Wow” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

You added Sleep Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Sleep Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   631 South Eisenhower Blvd., Building A, Harrisburg, PA 17111   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hillsboro, Ohio
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This was an okay room I had a few issues but I'm only rating this hotel 5 stars because of the front desk guy. He was friendly courteous and kind. This is the most friendliest hotel ever and the pool was actually warm. The breakfast is healthy and good.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Harrison,
Thank you so much for our 5 STAR review based on our customer service!

It was an absolute pleasure to have you and your family at our hotel! It was my personal honor to meet you during check out. Harrison it is not often that I get to meet another hotel enthusiast and your visit, review, and your family are important to us. We would be honored to have you back as our guest next year into our mystery shopper program. Please have your mother contact me at gm.pa558@choicehotels.com to set this up. I would send you a questionaire packet with specific questions. We would ask you questions about your entire experience. Please don't stop pursuing your dreams and we do hope to see you back soon!
Erin Lysaght CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
St. George, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We made a trip out here from the west coast for a family wedding. The room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast items were plentiful and tasty. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. I would definitely choose this hotel to stay in, should we find ourselves back here in the area.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for travelling so far to attend your friends/families wedding! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor for other travellers! We do our best to accomodate everyone's individual travelling needs and we are very happy that we have accomplished this during your viist. Please come back and visit us again during your next trip to the East Coast.
Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Checked in and got room 209 & 210. Went up to go in our room and other people were in it already!!! Went back down and the front desk changed it but ended up getting charged 3 rooms. Glad I saw it on my statement on phone app. The hotel was newer looking but when I got in the room the bed spread had dried up cheese on it from a pizza it seemed and the sheets had hairs on them. Other bed had a stain on it that looked like well let's just say it looked adult in nature. DISGUSTING! We called to have them changed and the housekeepers said they were busy as if they were admitting they didn't change the linens from the previous people.....there were also spots on the bed like someone dropped chocolate. Either way they weren't changed from the previous occupants. Beds were soft.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for staying with us and on behalf of my entire team and myself- I am so very sorry that we failed during your stay. Please contact me at gm.pa558@choicehotels.com so we may possibly make this up to you further. We again apologize for the lack of stellar service during your stay.
Rochester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Hotel was very nice, with little to find fault with. Problem was when we left in the evening on foot to go for a meal. There are a decent selection of pretty good restaurants within 3 to 10 minutes walk away. Unfortunately we had to walk up the hard shoulder of a major duel carriageway to get to them. Slightly scarey! There were a number of others doing the same, so I think it's the norm. We did manage to sneak through the neighbouring hotels on the way back, but even that's not brilliant unless you're fully mobile. Other than that, a very nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for telling us about your adventure on Eisenhower Blvd! We absolutely do NOT suggest talking a "stroll" down Eisenhower Blvd as it is a highly travelled road. We DO suggest you use one of our prefferred cab drivers to take you to many locations available under $5 cab fair. Our front desk always as a network or particular cab drivers that are available 24 hours a day with no hassle or safety concern. We do hope you visit us again soon and go an another (possibly more safe) adventure in our area! See you again soon!
Butler, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I travel with my son often because he is a competitive gymnast. This place felt it was ok to run my debit card before I arrived for check in( I put money on my debit for travel as needed. When I check in if they hotel needs the debit card instead of cash I run and place the money on the card. I am not perfect but this system has worked for me for about 3 years) Also they proceeded to send me to another hotel and acted like I was not welcome to stay or even be in there Lobby. The manager? did offer to have me follow her to the other hotel. Like I was not capable of finding the place on my own. When I got to the other hotel I asked if this was normal and they said no that my room in this hotel should have been paid for I looked at my confirmation letter and it guaranteed my room till 7am (not 4:30the night of check in) the next morning when they would run my card and charge me for one night. The employees who were checking me in were very rude. I will probably never stay at another Sleep inn again. Perhaps any of the choice hotels in the future. Horrible horrible experience.

Room Tip: Don't know I wasn't allowed to stay here
Green Features: Not sure Never got to see cause I wasn't allowed to stay here.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Tinaz1010,
We are very sorry that you didn't actually get to stay with us. We are not a "shady" hotel, but as you stated- we do not hold reservations that do not have valid credit cards attached. A valid credit card is one that hold's one nights room and tax. On Friday 6/5/2014 the hotel was booked to capacity and will not hold rooms past 4pm for reservations that are not guaranteed or have an invalid form of payment. When you arrived to the hotel, I did in fact offer to have you follow me to another hotel because I was trying to help- nothing more. Please consider in the future to stop using your debit card to reserve hotel rooms and/or please call the hotel on the morning of arrival to ensure the hotel will honor your reservation. Good luck for future travels!
Westland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I had a wonderful stay at our Sleep Inn. Check in was fast, room was neat and clean, and people at desk were very helpful. The trip was made better because of the service we had at the Sleep Inn in Harrisburg, Pa. There were 8 in our party and all were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to compose a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor! We really appreciate your business and do hope that your travels bring you back to our area in the future! We are very happy that you enjoyed your time at our hotel.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed for a family wedding, my entire family drove in from Michigan & I drove in from South carolina, we had the best time.
Such an impressive place, nice people, great breakfast and an indoor pool.
The GM Erin was very helpful at getting us a good rate for the wedding party!
We are so very thankful for such a great time!!

DeAnna & Kids :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your 5 STAR Review and I am personally very happy that your group enjoyed our hotel during your stay! Thank you again! We do hope you visit us again soon!
Erin Lysaght CHA

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!