“First impressions only happen once.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

You added Sleep Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Sleep Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   631 South Eisenhower Blvd., Building A, Harrisburg, PA 17111   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
penna.
“First impressions only happen once.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel is in an easy to locate spot near the mall. After reading reviews, I thought it would be a little better than it was. My experience with the front desk was great. Very knowledgeable and professional young man at the desk.
When we got to the room, on first sight, average standard room, good quality tv. On close inspection though, the housekeeping could have done better. Stains on the comforters, though small, were noticeable..and hair in the bathtub. These things knock my rating down considerably,
The other issue was the overcrowded very small breakfast room...I would suggest you just go elsewhere to eat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review! We had a fantastic busy weekend as we celebrated FARM AID Concert 2012. I would really like to correct some of the items that you brought to my attention. Since I can not see exactly who you are, could you please send me an email to gm.pa558@choicehotels.com so I may find out your name and room number? Thank you for this consideration and we do hope that you come visit us again!
Erin Lysaght

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Charlottesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I absolutely love this hotel. If I could, I'd live here. We've stayed four times over the course of the past year and I'd recommend this to anyone. The rooms are spacious, the beds are the most comfortable I've ever slept on. The bathrooms/thermostat and heating/cooling elements, tvs, wireless, breakfast, location, and condition of the hotel are perfect!

Room Tip: Go for a high floor with a walk-in shower.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
WELL WE LOVE HAVING YOU STAY WITH US! A very big warm thank you for being part of our family and making us your home away from home. That is the biggest compliment any hotel could ever have. Your room tip is perfect- I love the rooms on the fourth floor with the view of our mountains. It will get very colorful around here very shortly! Be safe until we see you again!
Sincerely yours in hospitaltiy,
mount airy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Very clean, Very well decorated hotel with excellent staff. GM Erin knows what hospitality business means and be assured that you are in good hand as far as she is there. Not too far from the Hershey Park and as far as I know not many restaurants nearby.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you so very much for your compliments! I truley do love this industry and our guests! I do hope you visit us again very soon!
nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My family & i stayed her for an extended weekend. After much research the sleep in suites displayed much of the clean modern and how others described new appearance. It does stand its ground and we were pleasantly surprised with everything its new and well maintained until my kids accidentally dropped a bottle of water taking it out of the fridge to bring to me which fell out of their hand & rolled under the bed... my husband reached for it and it was covered in dark long hairs + dust - eugh! For sure this was not something that accumulated over few wks. Had i not seen this happen i would of rated it higher for cleanliness i normally do not go digging but this is something that could happen to anyone and is also a very easy fix for them to do so hopefully it doesnt affect their future business.
In the room we had a safe, fridge, microwave, iron- all very important to us.
I thought it was weird not having a fan in the bathroom but maybe thats just me sounding spoiled but i like my air circulating so as im coming out of a hot shower to be able to see myself in the mirror & fix my hair / face get dressed -without having to open the door. Also what if someone has to do #2?
We were placed on the 4th floor its very easy to get around since they do have an elevator however our hallway always smelled on cigarettes/ smoke im not sure what their policy is but we are not smokers and i try consciously to always book a non-smoking rm perhaps either it slipped on my end this time or someone was apparently not following the guidelines and did whatever in their rm/ hallway.
There is a very small seating area for breakfast (aprox 8 tables) its served until 10am. The assortment is great (scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, sausages, pastries, muffins, breads, bagels, fruit yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruits, make your own waffles, juices, coffee, hot choc.)
I like the fact that the staff handling reservations/ check-in & out are young professional adults so communicating is easy and flawless.
We literally only spent time sleeping (beds & pillows are comfy) and having breakfast here. Both are beyond exceptional and would stay again. It was a short 15 min drive to the park there is a Target that stays open late (11pm) right across the street/ highway 2 min drive for any last min needs. A nice seafood restaurant directly across the street (delish but little pricey).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for this wonderful informative review of our hotel. We have used this review for our cleaning staff to be aware and we have inspected all of the undercarriages of our beds. I am so sorry that you did not find our hotel 100% spic and span. As for the smoker- our establishment is 100% smoke free and we do impose a large fine when it has become obvious to us that some one has polluted one of our rooms. Unfortunatly, if the problem is not reported to us at the time it is occuring- we really can only charge someone after they have smoked. Rarely if ever- are we actually able to catch someone in the act. Because our hotel is still brand new- it is extremely obvious to the nose. I am very happy that you did enjoy your stay and thank you very much again for giving us some valuable information.
State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times as it is very close to the Harrisburg Airport. It is very nicely decorated. They staff is very helpful. Love that it is so close to Lancaster Brewing and the Capital Diner. I have noticed that some things are starting to slip a little in the cleaning department. Especially in the showers which are , other than that, really cool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for reviewing our hotel on tripadvisor.com! It is our duty in hospitality to keep our building fresh, clean, and in good spirits! We are happy that you took the time to let us know how we are doing. Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Sincerely yours in hospitality,
Salem, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of days while visiting Hershey Park. The hotel was very clean and fresh looking. It is only 10 minutes from Hershey Park so there were many kids as you would expect. The complimentary breakfast was basic and the breakfast area is a little too small to accommodate all the families trying to fuel up before a day at the park. Thought it was funny that other reviewers mentioned that it was close to a Target store but we ended up stopping there every day to pick up bottled water and a few other items needed while on the trip. Overall it was a very nice stay and we would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Family,
Thank you so very much for staying with us and giving us a good recomendation here on tripadvisor.com! We really appreciate your helpful hints regarding Target being around the corner and we appreciate your lodging selection! Thank you and please come back again soon!
Burlington, Nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We just stayed here for a night while visiting Hershey Park (only a 10-15 minute ride). The hotel seemed new and very modern and nicely decorated. It was very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful and recommended a great place for dinner only about a 1/2 mile away (Lancaster Brewing Co.). The kids liked the pool and the exercise room and treadmill were great. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. The cookies in the lobby were a great touch and breakfast was pretty normal but good choices.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We are so glad that you decided to stay with us while visiting Hersheypark! We really hope you had a lot of fun and rode the new roller coaster. Maybe you will come back for Hersheypark in the Dark or Hershey Christmas Candylane??? We really do thank you and hope you come back and visit us!
Erin Lysaght

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!