“Nice, quiet and clean place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

You added Sleep Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Sleep Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   631 South Eisenhower Blvd., Building A, Harrisburg, PA 17111   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Annandale, Virginia
“Nice, quiet and clean place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on January 14, 2012. We were attending the PA Farm Show and this hotel is about a 20 minute drive away. I have stayed at Sleep Inns before but this is the nicest one I have visited. It is still very new; the lady at the front desk told us in April 2010 they celebrated their first year. The rooms are large, comfortable and immaculate. The furniture is a dark brown, looks like Danish modern, and the walls are painted a sage green color and white, with some black and white pictures. The halls are darker colors but warm. It is a very modern looking hotel. The key card was interesting--instead of putting your card in a slot, you touched it to the door and the door unlocked. I liked that. There was a large flat screen TV attached to the wall. Everything worked fine; I found the beds comfortable and the room quiet. We were on the 4th floor (the top floor) and did not hear anyone around us. The front desk staff was friendly. We did not interact with anyone else so can't comment on the other staff. There are cookies available when you check in, although when we got there in the evening, there were only a few left and not the kind I liked, so I passed on the cookies. My husband ate one though and said it was good. Breakfast was the usual fare for hotels of this caliber--waffles, juice, coffee, instant cereal, fruit, danish and they did have some sort of eggs and sausage, but I will admit, this did not look very good (the eggs were round and flat and the sausage just didn't look well done), so I passed on that, but the waffle and cereal were OK, and my husband enjoyed the danish and fruit. It is convenient to a Bob Evans and a diner, so if you want a good meal, you will not have far to drive (but you have to drive, little too far to walk and no sidewalk). The room had the assorted toiletries and hair dryer and ironing board in the closet. The alarm clock on the nightstand had a night light on it, which was kind of nice so if you had to get up in the middle of the night, you would be able to see a little something, although (this may sound strange), the lighting by each nightstand (we had two queen beds) were different--they were not the usual style lamps and the reflection of them from the night light on the ceiling looked like two alien heads on the ceiling...strange. Young kids might not like that. Overall, it was a nice place to stay and we got a decent night's sleep. The only reason I am giving it four stars instead of five is the price. I really think that $75 (this was the AARP price and also AAA price) is just too high for that area, because there are many motels and hotels in the surrounding area, and most of them were lower in price. We did choose this because we were pleased with Sleep Inn in the past (see my review on the one in Frederick, MD) and it had good reviews on Trip Advisor so I knew it would be clean and neat and safe, and these days, you always want an immaculate room--and no bugs! Believe me, this place was clean! So, perhaps a few dollars more is worth it, plus we did save about $15 more on eating breakfast there because we did not have to eat out, yet, I would like to see the price lowered for this lodging to make it more competitive with surrounding hotels. I would definitely stay there again, but then again, might seek out a little lower cost lodging in the future when we return to Harrisburg.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Thank you very much for this extremely thought out and candid review of our hotel! We strive to give you a great stay, at the right time, at the right price. We are able to at least match if not beat most of our local competition. If you should ever find a better price, but would rather stay at our facility- please do not hesitate to ask us to match their price. If we can do it we will! Thank you again and I will make sure to keep an eye on the quality of our breakfast items.
We hope you are our guest again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Russell, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

This is a fantastic hotel to stay at. The room was very comfortable, modern, clean and cozy. The bathroom was clean, new, nice towels. The front desk person (AJ) was extremely helpful as far as making us very comfortable. Breakfast was good, help was on hand and he even offered to mae waffles for us.

Slept like a rock, and will definitely return there next time we are in Harrisburg. It was only a few miles from the Farm Show Complex and worked out perfectly. Easy to acces..

Five stars!

Room Tip: Enjoyed being on the first floor, just entered through a side door, short walk to the front desk, po...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for being our guest, thinking we are fantastic, and writting a review! You are fantastic too! We hope we are your choice next year again for the farm show! Thank you again!
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

We travelled with a bus of 53 passagngers and stayed at this inn. Upon registration, our entire group was quickly processed with great efficiency. The manager, Erin, was very friendly and greeted us with a warm smile after our 8 hour journey which the entire group was very much appreciated by the group. The buffet breakfast was always stocked well with a good variety of choices. The rooms was the main focus that everyone was impressed with. The rooms were extremely clean and the the rooms were kept impeccable. Location on highway is great as there is a Walmart across the street to be able to pick up any last minute items. Defiantly recommend this place. Great job to management!!!!
Lily

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for coming to our hotel with your group! We love buses! We are so very happy that we were able to make you happy. Hopefully, we can be your host again soon!
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Stayed here Jan 7, 2012 on my way down south. As most have stated, this place is clean and had a great breakfast for a decent price. The pool was a bit cold but certainly refreshing after a long day driving. The person working the evening shift at the reception was friendly and most helpful. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for being our guest and taking the time to review our property! We are extremely happy that you liked our hotel and wish for you to be our guest again soon. We did turn up the heating notch on the indoor pool for the winter. If anything is ever not to your liking or need any help with anything- please don't hesitate to speak to anyone of our staff. We are here to make sure you are taken care of!
Roanoke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

I took a motorcoach group here on Saturday, October 8, 2011. The hotel is fairly new. The rooms were very nice. The breakfast was very good. My group really enjoyed their stay here. The General Manager, Erin, was very accomodating to the group. We will stay here again. Ernie Dale, Roanoke Tours, Inc., Roanoke, VA

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Thank you so much for entrusting us with your group! We look forward to seeing you back in April!
Harrisburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I stayed here on my last trip through the area and It was perfect. I highly recommend this hotel. Staff was amazing, and the GM Erin is a jewel all to her own. The room was modern, clean, spacious and very comfortable. See you soon!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Dear Aaron,
Thank you so much for your support! Please don't forget to stay with us whenever you are travelling!
Erin
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Clean room, clean crisp sheets. I love the decor. Huge flat screen tv with 100s of channels - some channels had no sound & no options to rent movies. Pool was not heated - though it wasn't freezing. We booked the hotel for the heated indoor pool as it's nice to be able to come back to the pool & relax after a day of walking & theme parks & shopping. Pool was also small - I can imagine it being awfully crowded at peak times - there are only a few chairs. The breakfast was good but on our last morning, I attempted to pour juice at 9:55 (trying each machine multiple times) while the breakfast staff woman stood next to me. My brother finally told me that she had just turned the machines off - why couldn't she tell me & why did she turn it off early?

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post and for your recent business at our facility. To answer your question without trying to excuse ourself there is a language barrier with some of our staff. I dislike that the machines were turned off before they were suppossed to and for that as well, I am sorry. I will communicate with some of our staff about this so we may improve our service. Thank you for letting us know!

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!