“Very nice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

You added Sleep Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Sleep Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   631 South Eisenhower Blvd., Building A, Harrisburg, PA 17111   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
piedmont of NC
“Very nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This seems to be a new property, very modern in design. Room was a large suite with good amentites, desk area, fridge, microwave. Really liked the walk in shower (no wrestling with a shower curtain!). Standard breakfast fare.
Would definitely stay here again. Would be good for short term or long term stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 17, 2011
Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent visit to our area. We are extremely happy we were able to make you happy! We would love the oppurtunity to have you again soon! Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadivisor.com!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Fernandina Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

A group of friends visiting a local car show stayed here this month for 3 nights. The hotel was very clean, Erin and her staff were friendly and accommodated our requests quickly and professionally. The room were spacious. We were actually here during Hurricane Irene and Erin tried to convince us to stay one additional night and wait out the storm for our own safety. We truly appreciate the way she tried to keep our well-being in mind. We will stay again if the opportunity presents itself!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Sincerely thank you for choosing and entrusting us with your group! We are so sorry that the weather did not cooperate, but we are so glad you had a great time anyway! Crossing fingers our paths will cross again soon.

By the way, if you didn't already figure it out- we love cars and motorcycles here at the Sleep Inn & Suites. We offer self car/bike washing on premise as well as designated motor cycle parking.

We are very happy you made it back safe and sound! Drive safely!
Passaic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

The Sleep Inn and Suites is awesome!! I stayed here with a friend for two nights and we had a great stay. The hotel is new and extremely clean. There is plenty of parking. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel was very close to Hersheypark which was great! The room was very spacious, clean, and comfortable. All in all we had an amazing stay and we would DEFINITLY come back on our next trip to Hershey!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you so very much for letting us accomodate you during your recent visit to Hersheypark! We enjoyed having you 100% and can't wait to have you back again!
Westport, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

We've traveled to Hershey Park 6 times and this was easily the best hotel we've stayed in.

We were worried about the location at first, being 11 miles away from the park, but it turned out fine, the highway being right by the hotel and taking you straight to Hershey.

The beds were very comfortable with soft pillows and good blankets, ideal for a good night's sleep.

The breakfast and service were what we were expecting, as it was a choice hotel.

When we were at the park, it started storming, and we came back to the hotel. The pool was small, but the kids loved it so the size didn't matter at all.

Overall, great hotel, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your stay and comments on tripadvisor!

Sounds like you are a Hersheypark fan? Did you know they are building a new rollercoaster for next year? We are sure it will be great! Please make sure you call us when you are ready to check it out! Also if you have children younger than teens Hershey Park in the Dark and Christmas in Herhsey is very fun!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I read the reviews for this hotel and almost didn't make reservations because of the negative reviews.... had me afraid to book it. I'm not sure what happened to othe people, but our room (located on 2nd floor) was very clean and nicer than we imagined, it looked just like the photos online (NEW).
We stayed here for 3 nights. Our reservations were for 2 nights, but we had to stay another night because of rain on the day we were going to Hershey Park. We love the Breakfast food, especially the waffles, sausage and eggs. Most hotels only offer donuts, bagels. etc. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your comments! We appreciate you choosing us as your home away from home. It is our goal to provide you with a clean, comfortable, affordable place to stay and we are glad to have met that with you! We hope that you will allow us the oppurtunity to have you again some time!
Suffolk, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

My family & I stayed here for 3 nights in 2 rooms while visiting Hershey Park & Hershey’s Chocolate World. We stayed on the 3rd floor.

I was disappointed in the cleanliness of my hotel room. Upon arrival, I found brown back splash under the toilet seat and soap scum on the soap holder in the tub. There was some type of cheesy splatter in the microwave that was still fresh enough to be wiped out without a lot of effort on my part. On the floor we stayed on, the hallway carpet appeared stained and along the hallway walls there were areas of chipped paint and splatter near the vending area. Once I did my own room cleaning routine, I felt comfortable in the room. The room was furnished nicely. My room was quiet and the bed was comfortable.

I had a problem with the tub in my room draining really slowly. I informed the front desk about it on my first night and my second night there. The first night, I tried to call down to the front desk but no one answered the phone. So I walked down to the front desk and no one was there. I rang the bell and no one came. So I stood there for a while and the front desk person came in from outside and I explained the situation. It was about 10pm so I didn’t expect anyone to look at it at that time. She told me she would make a note of it to have someone take a look at it the next day. The next day there was no difference in the drain. So I went down again to the front desk to see if someone could come look at it the next day and the lady at the front desk assured me that it would be looked into. Since we had 2 rooms, I showered in the other room so it wasn’t a huge inconvenience. By the last night, the tub drained faster so I was able to shower in my room but using faucet part only (that my little niece uses) still left the tub full of water afterwards (the stopper was not engaged because the water drained-just slowly)

I tried to get breakfast once but quickly lost my appetite. The eating area is very small and there was barely any room move around. I saw people putting their hands all over the bagels and bread without using the tongs. I went to get a danish but saw a strand of hair hanging from the hinge of the the lid when I opened it. So I just left.

It took about 15 minutes to get to Hershey and there is a Target, Bob Evans, Subway, McD’s and other eating options close to the hotel. The pool was small and crowded when I took 2 of my nieces. I used the treadmill in the fitness room that has a total of 3 machines. I saw one computer in the lobby but I didn’t use it.

Although there were some negatives I didn’t have a bad stay. It was OK. I got a really good deal on the rooms so what I got for the rate I paid was actually better than expected. I liked the hotel mostly for its rate and location but it’s likely for my next trip to the area I will be researching other options.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for stay and review of our hotel. We are not happy that you were not entirely satisfied. We are very sorry that we did not live up to our reputation during your stay. Please give us the oppurtunity to have you as our guest again and I would be happy to extend a discount on a future stay. You may contact me anytime at gm.pa558@choicehotels.com and reference this tripadvisor post.
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights with 2 small kids. This hotel was adequate, but could have been much cleaner & better maintained.
Pros - the hotel is about a 15 minute drive to Hershey Park and the other attractions; it is fairly new; the beds were comfortable; the decor was nice; the room had a small frig and microwave; the staff were very nice; it was close to Target & other shops in case you've forgotten something; there were several places to eat nearby.
Cons - the walls in the hallways and room were dinged up and needed touch up paint; there were food smudges on the wall in the bedroom and the "welcome" book; smudges around the bathroom door; a beer bottle cap next to the arm chair in the room; the grout in the shower needed cleaned, the carpet in the hallway was dirty when we checked in around 3pm and looked like it needed stretched; the metal base plate at the door of the elevator was really dirty; the bathroom needed more light; the sink in the bathroom looked like it was damaged (putty near the overflow drain, which was off-center); the door to the room across the hall from us had a piece of wood veneer broken off; the dining area was pretty tight (but we did manage to find seats for our family of four); the pool was super small (we had a good time anyway); we could hear the guests in the room upstairs walking around in the morning (enough to wake me up); we could hear muffled noises from a TV in another room well past 11pm.
There was a flyer asking guest to contact the manager if there were any problems, but the problems in the room really couldn't be fixed with out disrupting our stay or moving us to a different room - these were not options I wanted with two small kids. I left a comment card with the front desk clerk and let her know that our room needed some work. She was very nice and thanked me for my comments.

Dear Potentially lost guest,
I feel very displeased about the condition in which you found your room and I would like to let you know that we have located the room in which you have stayed and addressed the interior issues you have disscussed. We have also cleaned now all carpets in the public and private sectors in the hotel since this posting.
I would like to extend a discount for a future stay at our property. You may contact me anytime at gm.pa558@choicehotels.com.
Thank you very much for your candid review of our property. We really appreciate it because it allows us to fix problems.
Erin Lysaght

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!