“Very nice property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Capital Drive, at I-81 Progress Avenue Exit 69, Harrisburg, PA 17110   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #13 of 51 hotels in Harrisburg
Pittsburgh
“Very nice property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

After trying out many hotels in the area, I settled on the SHS as my base for an extended stay in the Harrisburg area. The physical property is in very good condition, with the standard SHS brand layout and color scheme - bright, refreshing, and open, a great contrast to the brown, yellow, low-ceiling competitors in the area.

The room layout is creative, making it feel bigger than it probably is and refreshingly different than the standard box room.

All the staff I dealt with were great - friendly and responsive. The breakfast, pool, exercise room, etc., are what are to be expected at this price/service/tier of hotels. Don't expect a full-size pool, room service, etc., etc. - but it's very good in the mid-tier hotel arena.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms, away from the highway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your comments. They are greatly appreciated. We look forward to having you stay with us again when in the area.

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Halifax, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This particular SpringHill suites is a great hotel for this brand. The decor is nothing less than midtown New York City chic. It doesn't look like a Marriott brand! Everything was quite nearly perfect.
I have stayed at many Marriott brand hotels and this is a big surprise for the price.

Room Tip: Any room is OK - you just can't go wrong with this hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I will be sure to pass along to our entire staff. The Staff and Management would welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again.
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was our second time at this hotel. The first was a few years ago soon after it opened. We were impressed at the time how clean and modern looking it was with so many features you'd expect to find at high end hotels. This time, the hotel showed virtually no signs of aging and it still looked like it was brand new.
The entire property was spotless, the front desk staff courteous and efficient, the rooms well thought out with a great walk-in shower area and large vanity sink and a entirely separate "powder" room with toilet and a small sink. There's a separate work/sitting area that can be kept private from the very comfortable bed and sleeping area by means of a sliding tri-panel of green tinted glass above the desk area.
The breakfast area was large with plenty of seating. The complimentary breakfast was well stocked and maintained and the selection of items was typical of SpringHill Suites, which to us was not a negative thing. Considering the very competitve rates for this hotel, the fact that you get any breakfast is a bonus.
We didn't use them, but there is the standard small indoor pool and fitness center.
We would definitely stay at this hotel again. You cannot go wrong.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from I-81. The rooms on the other side are close to the highway and there...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Welcome back to the hotel and thank you for the wonderful comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to you staying with us again.
Reading, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here for a few days for a getaway with my friend. Nice property and very friendly staff. We needed an accessible room with a roll-in shower and that is exactly what we got. A few minor improvements would make this better: 1. The doors are very heavy and thus hard to open. 2. You can definitely hear noise from the highway and from other rooms.

Also, we stayed on New Year's Eve and I thought it was a little ridiculous that they only served breakfast until nine am on New Year's Day. Yes, it was a weekday, but they should really treat holidays as weekends and have extended hours.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the highway (I believe these are the even-numbered rooms).
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business. We will certainly take your thoughts on breakfast seriously when planning for next New Year's Day. We hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again.
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is a newer hotel with amenities that include separate desk and sitting room area, free internet and wireless access, split bathroom with separate shower and vanity room, 42" TV, full breakfast. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. Several restaurants are close by, including Cracker Barrel. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've stayed here at least 5-6 times over the last two years and it is the only place I stay when in the Harrisburg area. The rooms are large and love that they have the the couch/seating area along with the separate work area. The staff is wonderful - always responsive to any issue (which have been very few!). The Bar Manager is amazing - great knowledge of the area and places to go eat, shop, etc. She is a friendly face I always look for when in town. Location is excellent - right off the highway with a nice shopping center, movie theater and restaurants close by. The only downside that some have expressed is that the highway side is a bit noisy but the staff has always accommodated my requests when available to not be on that side of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments. We appreciate your loyalty to our property and look forward to you staying with us again.
Robbinsville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This hotel made me so so happy this past weekend!! The gentleman (Sean?) at the front desk when we checked in was a pleasure to deal with!

We got a room on the 4th floor, down the end of the hallway and it was awesome!! As soon as we walked in, I was so impressed with the style and funkiness of the room decor!

I'm not a 'hotel snob' but I am a travel agent so you better believe the cleanliness and style of this room will definitely be mentioned to my customers!!

The room was spotless....the big sofa was COMFY with funky pillows! The microwave was spotless, the fridge was cold...I was happy! The business area was seperate with a divider so I ate so snacks at that desktop area and relaxed.

The King sized bed with COMFY and WONDERFUL pillows. Pillows are important to me and these were perfect!

I was VERY impressed with the toilet room with the sliding door being seperate from the shower room....

Seriously, let's talk about the shower.... *BEST* Shower ever! I've stayed in Vegas, Atlantic City, NYC, etc...NEVER have I taken a shower this refreshing at a hotel. The water presssure, the jets that shoot out and kind of give you a back massage, etc....so enjoyable and relaxing.

Unfortunately, my body was exhausted and I slept RIGHT throught the hot buffet breakfast the next morning. Bummed about that. I'm sure it was great!

I did check out the pool (the shower thingie that comes down was awesome!) and the fitness center and both looked awesome! As did the bar!

Next time, I'll remember my swimsuit, gym clothes and get a drink!

Thank you to the staff (the housekeepers were sweethearts and we made sure to leave a tip) for being so friendly and attentive! Tissues were brought up to our room immediately when we ran out! Awesome service!

Oh, and the Christmas tree in the lobby was BEAUTIFUL!

Thank you all for a great overnight stay! We will be back and will recommend your hotel!

Holiday Blessings to you all!

-April

PS--the drive into Hersheypark the following day was very easy and pleasant!

Room Tip: Top floor .... quiet and peaceful!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
THANK YOU for the wonderful comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ouselves on the service and cleanliness of the hotel. We certainly welcome the opportunity to have you come back and stay with us again.

Been to SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!