“Needs a few minor improvements” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Capital Drive, at I-81 Progress Avenue Exit 69, Harrisburg, PA 17110   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Needs a few minor improvements”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here for a few days for a getaway with my friend. Nice property and very friendly staff. We needed an accessible room with a roll-in shower and that is exactly what we got. A few minor improvements would make this better: 1. The doors are very heavy and thus hard to open. 2. You can definitely hear noise from the highway and from other rooms.

Also, we stayed on New Year's Eve and I thought it was a little ridiculous that they only served breakfast until nine am on New Year's Day. Yes, it was a weekday, but they should really treat holidays as weekends and have extended hours.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the highway (I believe these are the even-numbered rooms).
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business. We will certainly take your thoughts on breakfast seriously when planning for next New Year's Day. We hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is a newer hotel with amenities that include separate desk and sitting room area, free internet and wireless access, split bathroom with separate shower and vanity room, 42" TV, full breakfast. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. Several restaurants are close by, including Cracker Barrel. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've stayed here at least 5-6 times over the last two years and it is the only place I stay when in the Harrisburg area. The rooms are large and love that they have the the couch/seating area along with the separate work area. The staff is wonderful - always responsive to any issue (which have been very few!). The Bar Manager is amazing - great knowledge of the area and places to go eat, shop, etc. She is a friendly face I always look for when in town. Location is excellent - right off the highway with a nice shopping center, movie theater and restaurants close by. The only downside that some have expressed is that the highway side is a bit noisy but the staff has always accommodated my requests when available to not be on that side of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments. We appreciate your loyalty to our property and look forward to you staying with us again.
Robbinsville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This hotel made me so so happy this past weekend!! The gentleman (Sean?) at the front desk when we checked in was a pleasure to deal with!

We got a room on the 4th floor, down the end of the hallway and it was awesome!! As soon as we walked in, I was so impressed with the style and funkiness of the room decor!

I'm not a 'hotel snob' but I am a travel agent so you better believe the cleanliness and style of this room will definitely be mentioned to my customers!!

The room was spotless....the big sofa was COMFY with funky pillows! The microwave was spotless, the fridge was cold...I was happy! The business area was seperate with a divider so I ate so snacks at that desktop area and relaxed.

The King sized bed with COMFY and WONDERFUL pillows. Pillows are important to me and these were perfect!

I was VERY impressed with the toilet room with the sliding door being seperate from the shower room....

Seriously, let's talk about the shower.... *BEST* Shower ever! I've stayed in Vegas, Atlantic City, NYC, etc...NEVER have I taken a shower this refreshing at a hotel. The water presssure, the jets that shoot out and kind of give you a back massage, etc....so enjoyable and relaxing.

Unfortunately, my body was exhausted and I slept RIGHT throught the hot buffet breakfast the next morning. Bummed about that. I'm sure it was great!

I did check out the pool (the shower thingie that comes down was awesome!) and the fitness center and both looked awesome! As did the bar!

Next time, I'll remember my swimsuit, gym clothes and get a drink!

Thank you to the staff (the housekeepers were sweethearts and we made sure to leave a tip) for being so friendly and attentive! Tissues were brought up to our room immediately when we ran out! Awesome service!

Oh, and the Christmas tree in the lobby was BEAUTIFUL!

Thank you all for a great overnight stay! We will be back and will recommend your hotel!

Holiday Blessings to you all!

-April

PS--the drive into Hersheypark the following day was very easy and pleasant!

Room Tip: Top floor .... quiet and peaceful!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
THANK YOU for the wonderful comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ouselves on the service and cleanliness of the hotel. We certainly welcome the opportunity to have you come back and stay with us again.
Washingon, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

OMG so there is no secret that I love me a good Marriott property and when my job banished me for well over a month, I found this property that's less than 1 mile from my duty location with hot breakfast, gym and a BAR!!! whew hew I was set!!
First, let me tell you, the staff is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! There was nothing that I could ask for that they didn't try to accommodate me with (even though I don't really ask for much, but that's not the point! LOL)
From a hot meal, a great drink (Aleen and cleaning my room as if every night was the ONLY night, yes I am completely spoiled there. It is by far the best customer service I've experienced in a while (well since my honeymoon!) I'm happy!
I will totally be back, even if it's just to visit... I have friends for life and they are all amazing!! Thanks Aleen, Shaun and everyone for an amazing experience!
Oh yeah, free wi-fi, a hot breakfast, they have a limited menu of great food, business center and great space!! I Loooooooooooooooooove it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Although this is a relatively new hotel, there was a problem in my room with the water in the tub/shower on 2 different ocassions. First no hot water one early morning before work, and then only a trickle of cold water another early morning. However, the staff was very acommodating and provided me a room nearby to bathe the first time and I asked to be moved the second time. They are doing some construction work on the heating/ac ducts and had started on the 2nd floor so I was going to have to move anyway. I have been there for 2 weeks and that's the only problems I encountered - however, I was told by some co-workers that had a room on the Interstate side of the hotel, that the noise was terrible. The elevator area is also very noisy b/c this appears to be a frequent overnight/weekend stop for young hockey and soccer teams to stay.

Room Tip: Don't be suprised if you wake up with not water/hot water one morning... jus saying :) Otherwis...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are truly sorry that your experience at our hotel was not what it should have been. The issue has since been corrected with the pool . It is constantly monitored and kept at a comfortable temperature for everyone to enjoy. The Staff and Management of the SpringHIll Suites strive to offer exceptional service. It appears that we failed at this during your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to have you and your family stay with us again to experience what we are truly about.
Greencastle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We booked this hotel because my daughter was having outpatient surgery at Hershey Hospital and we wanted to stay somewhere close. My daughter loves to swim and we thought this hotel would be a good choice as the hotel is relatively new and it has an indoor pool. We planned the whole evening so that she would have time to swim at the hotel. What a disappointment!! Not only was the pool ridiculously small, it was also FREEZING cold. She was only able to stand the water for about 10 minutes. Instead of a fun night of swimming before her surgery, we got to watch her sit beside the pool in a towel crying. We asked the person at the desk about the pool and did not get an apology. We were told very flippantly that they would check in to it. Judging from some of the other trip advisor comments, it seems to be a common problem. This stay affected my whole perception of marriot hotels. I will most likely look for a different hotel in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!