“Sufficient” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1006 Briarsdale Road, Union Deposit Road Off I-83, Harrisburg, PA 17109 (Formerly Motel 6 Harrisburg/Hershey)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
West Yellowstone, Montana
“Sufficient”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed here for a night in January with our dog, pets are free. Room was good sized and clean, bedding was worn. Close to restaurants for dinner and a Starbucks for the morning. Rate for 2 people was a little high for a motel 6 compared to the others we have stayed at. Room was notably loud we were on first floor near a stairwell, and could hear each time the toilet was flushed above us. Would stay again if in the area (with earplugs).

Room Tip: stay away from stairwell, top floor may be quieter without people overhead.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Masontown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

location is great / right off the highway ..... room was very nice and super clean ........ staff was friendly and helpful ........... would recommend this motel to all my friends ......... I will definitely be staying there again when I'm in the area

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Excellent location and rooms were VERY nice and clean. Did not expect it to be as nice as it was. Hotel is newly built. I requested an early morning check-in, and they were very helpful with my request. Hotel is near several shopping malls and restaurants. Easy on/off of highway. Would stay there in a heart beat again.

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The room was great. I stayed for two nights and payed what I would have paid for just one night or even more at other places. Very nice staff. I was a little bit apprehensive about staying at a Motel 6 but I was blown away by the cleanliness and the amenities for the price. Outstanding!! I will certainly stay with them again when I need to and I would recommend them to others.

• Stayed December 2012
Pullman, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I am always a little nervous when checking into a hotel that hovers around $40 per night, but as I was in the area to take a Board exam at the conveniently located Pearsonvue testing center, it was perfect. When I checked in, the front desk person was a little rude and did not even overview the amenities. He just swiped my credit card told me the check out time and that was it. I had to ask him the best place to park to access the room. I had to call down and ask him for the Wifi password and he seemed irritated to give me this information.

The parking lot seemed very small, but there were not many guests checked in. I wonder how they accommodate a full house.

The hotel was very easy to find and there are a lot of options for eating and shopping. Most wonderfully, there is a Waffle House nearby, which is a rare find this far north.

The room that they checked me into had a problem with the heater and by the time that I realized that I couldn't get it any warmer, I suppose that the shifts had changed and the person who came to investigate the problem was VERY friendly and helpful. He apologized for my inconvenience and in front of me put in a work order for it to be repaired. He also changed my room and stood there to make sure that the heater worked.

The room and hallways of the hotel were impeccable clean and I had a very quiet stay since I needed to hole up and do some last minute studying. The beds were very comfortable and the linens smelled great. The pillows were a little small, but for $40 per night, that was not a big issue to me.

The water pressure in the shower was fairly weak, but the water stayed very hot throughout an extended shower.

Overall, not a perfect stay, but I still would rank this property as Very Good when balancing the price, comfort, and 2 polar opposite front desk staff personalities.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Farmington Hills, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Fairly new hotel. Staff is always nice to me. Stayed there 3 or 4 times. Have free orange juice as I do not drink coffee. Sometimes rooms are very clean and sometimes not. Can't beat it for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Huron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Conveniently located on the way to Hershey one review mentioned that this place is fairly new built in 2009. We were disappointed in the cleanliness of the place. It was a good price so maybe you get what you pay for. Which should not be true when it comes to basic housekeeping. Possibly they need to have staff use a check list to make sure that things are done correctly and thoroughly. There were hand prints on the windows in the room and the hallways needed vacuuming to mention a couple things. We had a small refrigerator in the room which is always handy. Given all the circumstances we would possibly stay there again at the right price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple