“Excellent chose for the money!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1006 Briarsdale Road, Union Deposit Road Off I-83, Harrisburg, PA 17109 (Formerly Motel 6 Harrisburg/Hershey)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
“Excellent chose for the money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Excellent location and rooms were VERY nice and clean. Did not expect it to be as nice as it was. Hotel is newly built. I requested an early morning check-in, and they were very helpful with my request. Hotel is near several shopping malls and restaurants. Easy on/off of highway. Would stay there in a heart beat again.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The room was great. I stayed for two nights and payed what I would have paid for just one night or even more at other places. Very nice staff. I was a little bit apprehensive about staying at a Motel 6 but I was blown away by the cleanliness and the amenities for the price. Outstanding!! I will certainly stay with them again when I need to and I would recommend them to others.

• Stayed December 2012
Pullman, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I am always a little nervous when checking into a hotel that hovers around $40 per night, but as I was in the area to take a Board exam at the conveniently located Pearsonvue testing center, it was perfect. When I checked in, the front desk person was a little rude and did not even overview the amenities. He just swiped my credit card told me the check out time and that was it. I had to ask him the best place to park to access the room. I had to call down and ask him for the Wifi password and he seemed irritated to give me this information.

The parking lot seemed very small, but there were not many guests checked in. I wonder how they accommodate a full house.

The hotel was very easy to find and there are a lot of options for eating and shopping. Most wonderfully, there is a Waffle House nearby, which is a rare find this far north.

The room that they checked me into had a problem with the heater and by the time that I realized that I couldn't get it any warmer, I suppose that the shifts had changed and the person who came to investigate the problem was VERY friendly and helpful. He apologized for my inconvenience and in front of me put in a work order for it to be repaired. He also changed my room and stood there to make sure that the heater worked.

The room and hallways of the hotel were impeccable clean and I had a very quiet stay since I needed to hole up and do some last minute studying. The beds were very comfortable and the linens smelled great. The pillows were a little small, but for $40 per night, that was not a big issue to me.

The water pressure in the shower was fairly weak, but the water stayed very hot throughout an extended shower.

Overall, not a perfect stay, but I still would rank this property as Very Good when balancing the price, comfort, and 2 polar opposite front desk staff personalities.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Farmington Hills, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Fairly new hotel. Staff is always nice to me. Stayed there 3 or 4 times. Have free orange juice as I do not drink coffee. Sometimes rooms are very clean and sometimes not. Can't beat it for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Huron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Conveniently located on the way to Hershey one review mentioned that this place is fairly new built in 2009. We were disappointed in the cleanliness of the place. It was a good price so maybe you get what you pay for. Which should not be true when it comes to basic housekeeping. Possibly they need to have staff use a check list to make sure that things are done correctly and thoroughly. There were hand prints on the windows in the room and the hallways needed vacuuming to mention a couple things. We had a small refrigerator in the room which is always handy. Given all the circumstances we would possibly stay there again at the right price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Littleton, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We selected this hotel as it was listed as pet friendly. They allow you to bring your pet into the hotel, but don't leave them to go eat. Our kids were staying across the street at a suite hotel with the grandkids. We could not go over for more that a few minutes as every time we went over we felt like we neede to sneak out the back as the man at the counter reminded us not to leave our pet unattended. Fortunately Hershey Park has pet accomadations which are great.

We had asked to not be put near the exit door as our dog will run to our room door every time someone goes in and out of the hotel.
The clerk said that was all that we could have with a pet and yet there were other pet owners who checked in later than us and they were placed away from the exit. Needless to say our dog was up and down all night.

The beds had 4 tiny soft pillows on them which went flat as a pancake when you lay on them. A small bar of soap and lukewarm coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

This motel was definately cheap and easy to get to, and I loved that I got to pull up right in front of the room, and the hi-speed internet, but that is where it ends. It was so NOT CLEAN that I couldn't sleep in the bed. I was nervous about what may be lurking. The staff was friendly enough.

Room Tip: Any room is good enough if you don't mind the dirtyness. This motel has many rooms.