“Stay was ok, but lacked a few things.....” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Marlton
“Stay was ok, but lacked a few things.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

My son and I stayed for a long weekend wedding that we attended....Over the long weekend room was not cleaned, no new towels/soap/shampoo etc... Had to ask for more shampoo at the front desk. Maybe due to it being a holiday weekend (Thanksgiving)? I still think for what we paid, room should have been cleaned, or at least new clean towels provided! Staff was great, but could have been a little friendlier...also there was some kind of red substance bubbling up in the hot tub (EWWWWWW!!!), not sure what it was, or that I want to know what it was, but we got out real quick when we saw it! Overall, I would not recommend staying here, unless it was just an overnight stay...

• Stayed November 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
North Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

I stay in the Harrisburg area almost weekly for work. I have stayed in several hotels in the area and the one thing I can say about this hotel is that it is consistent! The staff has remained the same and always greets me when I arrive, my room is always clean and my bill is always correct. I would highly recommend. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Me & my husband & our 3 children w/ our 2 cats can't say enough about this place .The room was great very clean & roomy & had all you needed 4 ur stay . The staff was great made my family feel like home & anything we needed they were there to help day or night . Everything about this place is great,-price,room,place,location,amenties etc.I can't say nothing negetive about this place only positive . Managerment & staff deserve's the best for they make u feel very welcomed for ur stay. CANDLEWOOD SUITES of Harrisburg l in my book they ur our new family place to stay for they are family to my family we will return always.
Thank you, the DEfabbi's (god bless u all)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

I stayed here with my wife and three kids (9,6,1) Aug 22-25, 2010.
Recception was very friendly if a little overwhelmed, seems only one person on call when we arrived (8:00PM).
We had requested a crib be placed in our room before we got there but when we checked in my wife asked to make sure the room we were asigned to was in a quiet area (for the baby). The receptionist looked it up on the computer and decided we would be too close to a dog and he immediately changed our room to one at the end of the hall and away from all other guests. He then came up with us and moved the crib from the original room to the new room and the whole time he acted like it was his pleasure to help us. A welcome relief from some places where they are doing you a favor even by answering your basic questions.
The room was a double queen and spacious. The beds were perfect and they have several types of pillows for the guests to choose from. The blankets were sandwiched between two sheets, a nice touch in my opinion, so you never realy touch the actual blanket.
We were there for the Hershey park experience and yes it is about 15 minutes away but it is not a difficult drive and very easy to find. There is a nice large supermarket and a pharmacy nearby (one minute drive down the street from the motel).
The only real problem i have is the pool. It was a bit small and had a rather overwhelming amount of chlorine in it. The hot tub was also a bit over-chlorinated. The management should look into that.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

I reserved two rooms for myself, my daughter-in-law and three grandchildren for a visit to Hershey Park. The rooms themselves were great for us -- there are kitchens in each room, which allowed us to feed the kids breakfast and dinner at the hotel, saving money on restaurants. The first afternoon I took the two boys to the (indoor) pool for a swim. It was clean and perfect for them. Then a group of young men took over the pool, jumping into the pool and splashing a good deal of water out of the pool. I had to take the boys back to the room. Meanwhile, my daughter-in-law took my granddaughter to Hershey Park for the evening. When she asked the woman at the desk how to get to Hershey Park, she actually did not know! She had to look it up, then when she tried to print out the directions, the printer wouldn't work. My daughter-in-law found a brochure and followed the map.

That night, my daughter-in-law realized that the room across the hall from hers was a "pet suite", complete with yappy dog and an owner who yelled at it to shut up. When she tried to order pizza for all of us for dinner, none of the pizza places (who advertised in the hotel's information book in the room) would deliver because they had no idea where the hotel was. There was nothing in the room with the address on it so she could give that to them.

The next day, after a very full day at Hershey Park, we came back to the hotel hoping for a swim. The pool was filthy, with a scummy film on the water.

Things to be aware of when booking the hotel: It's a fairly new property, so it's in pretty good shape, but it also seems to need additional shake-down time.

It's an extended stay hotel, so you have people who are staying there for several days or weeks. They like to party. And because it's an extended stay facility, the rooms are serviced weekly. So if you need clean towels or sheets, you can exchange the ones you have at the front desk. There are trash receptacles at each end of the hallway to get rid of trash from your room.

Each room has a full kitchen, with a large refrigerator, so you will hear that running all night, along with the air conditioner/heater.

Make sure your room is nowhere near a "pet suite" if you mind barking dogs.

There is a room downstairs stocked with drinks, snacks (and free coffee) that you pay for with the honor system. The items are reasonably priced, which is refreshing.

Aside from the barking dog and dirty pool, I had no real issues with the Candlewood Suites and I would probably give them another chance if I were in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

After a positive experience staying at Candlewood Suites in Bel Air, MD, earlier in the year for buisness travel, I reserved a room at Candlewood in Harrisburg, PA. The facilities in Harrisburg, and especially the friendly staff, made for another great stay. The few minor glitches that I encountered (they opened only a few days before I arrived) were quickly and politely corrected. Clean, bright rooms, Nice appliances, including a dvd player, full size refrigerator, and a dish washer made my 60 day stay a pleasure. The free washers and dryers were also something I really appreciated. The fitness center was very basic, but there are several gyms within a few miles, which was the option I chose. The hot tub was wonderful after working all day. I also enjoyed the gazebo with the gas grill,and the fully equipped kitchen, as I cooked most of my own meals. Location was excellent, with shopping, dining, gyms, and nightlife all just a few minutes away. The rate was very good, especially considering the quality of the suites and services. I will definitely be looking to Candlewood for my future travel needs!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Harrisburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

My husband, 8 year old daughter, dog and I had to find a place to live for 2 months and a week while we waited on our new house to be constructed. We reluctantly agreed to stay in an extended stay hotel suite because of the length of our stay. WE ARE SO GLAD WE DID! The employees at Candlewood Suites treated us like family, made us feel so welcome and important! The hotel is spotless, the amenities are fantastic (free laundry room, free fitness center, pool/hottub, etc). We loved the suite - it has a great, stocked kitchen, comfy bed, big bathroom and everything is new and clean! We would stay there again in a heartbeat and would highly recommend this place. It was actually sad to leave and say "goodbye" to all the great employees. We have made friends there!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Been to Candlewood Suites Harrisburg? Share your experiences!