“It's Ok” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“It's Ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have stayed here several times because my work has direct billing. It is not one of my favorites because the experience can vary each time. Once I did not have hot water for my shower and the next time I did. Today my room has an odor to it. My friend cancelled her reservation because she could not get the odor out of her room. The front desk staff are very nice and accommodating. The gym is small but it is ok. Pool area is very nice. Cleanliness of the rooms can vary from visit to visit. During my last stay the pillows had a bad hair smell to them. Not sure about this time as it is not night yet. The rooms are comfy and a nice size.

Room Tip: Every time I stayed on the first floor I had hot water.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
candlewoodhburg, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
I just wanted to take a moment and apologize for the issues you've had while staying with us Kimberly. I have made sure to present all of the cleanliness issues you've mentioned to both our General Manager and head of Housekeeping in order to ensure that we can correct these problems. We thank you for taking the time out to show us some ways we can improve our guests stays, and hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Wonderful stay. Very clean rooms . We stayed with our dog and they are very pet friendly. Hotel staff are very nice. We have stayed here before and will do again. A nice quiet place and we will always come back here when in the area. Great for a Hershey trip!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Great to hear from you! We definitely are a very pet friendly hotel and are always more than happy to welcome any of your furry friends to the hotel!
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was my first time staying at this location although I've stayed at other Candlewood Suites. The price was fantastic - less than what I was looking at for a regular hotel room in the area and the amenities were much better. I arrived really late at night and was met by a friendly employee at the desk - didn't need to wait at all. The room was perfect. The beds are super comfortable. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to the area. Having a stove and the grill option is great. It's close enough to Hershey and Lancaster with easy travel to both.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the review. We always strive to provide the best possible guest experience at a reasonable rate and it sounds like we hit a home run this time! We hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in the Hershey-Harrisburg region!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Everything was as good as expected. WILL ALWAYS COME BACK! The rooms were a perfect size. All appliances were here that we needed. We love the full size refrigerator. Having a stove is an extra plus. The bathrooms were clean. The towels very soft. Iam very picky about the beds ,but I loved the comfort of the bed here. The firmness was perfectand I had awonderfull night sleep. Ialso love having the tempurature control on the wall as it regulates the room better. I will always come back and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
candlewoodhburg, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
It's always good to hear from another satisfied guest! Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Harrisburg-Hershey!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The room seemed clean enough on the surface. My wife spilled some contact solution and wiped it up with a towel. The bathroom floor was dirty; the towel had dirt and hair on it (a lot of hair and dirt) when she wiped it up.

The hotel is also set up more like an extended stay than a traditional hotel - they don't offer maid service daily (it's only done weekly), and if you want/need more towels during your stay you have to ask the front desk for them.

We informed them of the problem with the room's cleanliness, and they did refund our money with no hesitation. In that regard, they are at least honest. But I would not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry to hear about the issues you had during your stay, but am relieved to hear that we did everything we could to fix the cleanliness issues and try to make your stay as comfortable as possible. On a side note, we actually are an extended stay hotel as are all Candlewood Suites so some of the items you mentioned are set for all guests staying with our brand. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed here for one night during a recent 16-hour road trip. It took a little while for the person to show up at the front desk at 9pm. I booked the last room, so I imagine she was taking care of other customers' rooms. Once I finally got into the room, it was great. Spacious and clean, with plenty of room to set up my baby's crib. My only complaints are that it did take a while to have someone show up to the front desk, and the noise from the pool area was very loud outside out window on the first floor. Thankfully, the pool closes at 10pm, and the guests that were being loud honored that curfew. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone passing through the area.

• Stayed October 2012
candlewoodhburg, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! We are very glad to hear that the few issues you did have were promptly taken care of, and that overall you enjoyed your stay with us! If you are ever in need of a hotel in Harrisburg again please stop by and we'll make sure to put you in a room a little further from the pool!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

i am a contractor who has stayed at candlewood suits on multiple occassions. and have been fortunate enough to stay in the same suite each visit.the staff is very professional, frendly, and accommodating.I would recommend staying at candlewood suites.another feature that is also a plus is the activities they sponsor for the residents.each time they provided a cookout it was very nice to come home to a cooked meal. Eddie

Room Tip: parking lot side quieter
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Wow! Sounds like you had a great stay with us! We're very pleased to hear that you enjoyed everything at our hotel, and hopefully we will be holding another complimentary cookour for all our guests the next time you're in town! Thank You!

Been to Candlewood Suites Harrisburg? Share your experiences!