“Concert and Baseball” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Finksburg, Maryland
“Concert and Baseball”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Wonderful location..Clean, cheerful and well stocked rooms...My son and I went to see the Harrisburg Minor league baseball game, while my wife and daughter went to a conert at Hershey Park.
Breakfast in the morning was very good and the staff was very friendly

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Hebrew first
Allendale, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Good location near city center, 10 minutes away, Hershey parks 20 minutes. Away from the crowds but close enough to be easy. Upgraded to a 2 queen, 1 bedroom suite which is really needed for a family of four.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed here 2 weekend nights. We had a one bedroom suite, with a comfortable king bed in the bedroom and an AWFUL pull-out in living room. The sofa bed was like sleeping on bare springs. The next morning, I asked the girl at the front desk if there were any 2 bedroom suites available. She was very nice and helpful, but the hotel was pretty full and all she could offer me was a room with 2 queen beds. Not helpful with a snoring bear. I told her how uncomfortable the pull-out was, and she said it was just for kids. My kid couldn't sleep in it very well!! It was brutal. I would stay here again only if I could get the 2 bedroom suite. The pool had so much chlorine that your eyes burned just sitting on a chair pool-side. Overall, the room was clean, beds clean, bathroom could have used a good floor cleaning, but it wasn't bad. Walls are pretty thin. Child next door started screaming at 5:00 a.m. and never quieted all morning.

Room Tip: Beds are comfortable, but STAY AWAY from pull-out sofa bed!!!
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We got to the hotel a little bit before check in at 3P. No one was at the counter, however a sign was posted that "they were helping a guest and would return". Which was not a big deal. Within three minutes a person appeared, Sandy. She took my name, then another staff member came to the counter, Sandy turned me over to the other person. I didn't get that person's name, but she was friendly got my info and provided me with the room keys and handout for attractions and restuarants near by. We were on the third floor overlooking I83. I had requested (when booking online) that I have extra towels, high floor away from traffic, vending/ice machine/elevators based on what I had read here before planning my trip. The room was away from the elevator/ice machine/elevators, however, their suites are all facing the highway. But the noise was not too bad, occasionally, a truck could be heard but it didn't affect my or my children's sleep. They did stock us up with six towels, which met the need of our family. I did go down to the lobby after reading their listing of restaurants/attractions handout that the front desk provided at check-in. I needed extra toiletries and I wanted to inquire on the 10% off dining at Texas Roadhouse restaurant they mentioned in the handout. My requests were met by another staff member manning the front desk.
We visited the pool/spa (hot tub). It was well maintained, towls were readily available. The floor was very slippery but there was several children splashing and walking around. My advice in the pool area, walk. I kept reminding my own children to be careful as to the slippery floors. There is a restroom in the pool area, which is great for young children to use. I was suprised that there was not any signs posted pertaining to "wet floors". There was a few times where people came in to look around/check out the pool but were not wearing suits.
Our room was nice, with 2 queen beds in the back room with a door to close off the sitting area that has a desk/chair, sofa/seating area with another tv. It had a high counter top with a cabinet with a microwave and mini refrigerator.
The decor was tasteful. I noticed a few things that caught my attention. The queen bed closest to the window, has a little path to get through. I had to sleep there and it made getting up in the middle of the night a bit of a tight squeeze. The light fixture above the counter (where the fridge/microwave was) and the bathroom fixture and ceiling fan in the sitting area all needed some dusting. The toilet seat was off center when you sat down it moved slightly to the side. I also found it odd, that the toilet seat in the ladies room adjacent to the front desk also was moved slightly to the side, too. There was a few scratches/chips in the paint on the walls in our room. The thermostat was set to 72, the air conditioning was cranking! It got pretty cold at night. I tried several times to turn it up, eventually, I got it to 74 and it was comfortable. We were on the third floor and we couldn't hear our neighbors, walls were good but the ceiling was a whole other story! The fourth floor is the top floor and whoever was in the room above us was LOUD!! It was quiet until 10P then we heard running, jumping, and stomping. The ceilings should have been better sound proofed! We heard so much noise, it was noiser then the freeway!
We stayed two nights at this hotel. We got up early after our first night's stay and had breakfast at 7am. The breakfast buffet was well stocked, several open tables, decent selection (eggs, sausage, french toast, waffles, fruit, cereals, juices.) No complaints, other then the scrambled eggs were odd tasting and the consistency was questionable. Our last morning there we came down to breakfast at 8A...WOW, what an hour makes! There was no tables available! We did eventually get a table but there was spilled syrup suck on it! My son's arm was sticky and he was just trying to eat his oatmeal! There was only one person restocking the breakfast items. She was doing a decent job, I caught her name tag "Tonya" but she could've used more help. Several guests were approaching her and requesting items from her. The skim milk was out, waffle batter was out, no egg/cheese omlets, sausage, potatoes were available. I did see a gentleman coworker help her with the milk. Then another staff member jumped in to restock the waffle batter. The addage "The early bird gets the worm" applies here.
While at the pool on our second day, there was a pool service man that came to maintainence the pool/spa. He didn't mind us using the pool. He did mention about chlorine in the indoor pools bothering people who have asthma. The chlorine was a bit overpowering. My husband and I, both had irritated eyes due to the chlorine. My son was coughing a bit morer, too.
This hotel chain is one of our favorites since it meets our family's needs. The price is a bit more then some of the other chains available. We selected this hotel for our first visit to Hershey, PA. Overall, it was a good stay, other then the noise from the room above us. It is nestled a little behind several retail shopping centers, but close to the freeway and several restaurants.

Room Tip: If you book a suite - you will be facing the highway. I RECOMMEND that you ask to be on the top floo...
Ripon, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The hotel is pretty decent. The room was about average, ordinary. We had 2 queens and a sleeper sofa. We were on the 3rd floor and the WiFi was awful in back of the room, where the beds are. I had to sit by the door to get any signal. The breakfast was good, and would recommend to anyone. The pool is ok but very strong chlorine smell. We had trouble with our room keys accessing or leaving the pool area, but it was minor. There are no adjoining rooms, so if traveling with a group, keep that in mind. The location is great for travel to Hershey or really any place, as it is right off I-83. We had 2 great experiences with customer service, which I'd like to share. I was at the hotel with my family and my sisters family, 11 of us total. We ordered pizza and wanted to eat together, but neither of our rooms would accomodate us all at once. We asked the front desk for an option, and they allowed us to use the breakfast room, provided we cleaned up well after ourselves. It was very kind of them! Secondly, my nephew misplaced his Nintendo DS. We thought it was in one of the rooms or vehicles, but as we were leaving, the front desk lady overheard him talking about it and asked him to describe it. She had found it in the lobby the day before and was waiting for someone to claim it. He was so happy to have it back!

Glen Mills, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

First time at a Country Inn last weekend and it will be my last! Hotel staff friendly, free food, not too bad. I was in a rush to check out and accidently left my NookColor on the bed. A few hours later I realized my mistake and called the hotel. Within just those few hours, it was GONE! 5 phone calls to the hotel and no one was willing to help. There is apparently no general manager so this hotel is run by whatever shift person happens to be there. I was frustrated with the woman who refused to help me so I threatened to file a police report. Little did I know that when you involve the police, Country Inn's corporate office basically tells you to [--] off! The comment I received from corporate was they are not responsible for my forgetfulness. Great customer service they offer. They are an overpriced run of the mill chain with housekeepers that steal your belongings, if you happen to be forgetful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
solmarisol1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Harrisburg-Union Deposit, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
I am extremely sorry that we were unable to locate the items that you feel you left behind. As I understand it, many of the staff were looking for your items in the room, in laundry, in housekeeping storage and unfortunately did not find the items. Even though I was not present at the time you had made your calls, myself and my front office manager, who was scheduled for a later shift that day, was made aware of your calls. I personally looked in all areas mentioned above and spoke with staff in regards to the items and as you were told, the items were not located. Our staff has been here for many years without incidence and we take pride in returning all items found in an expeditious manner. I’m truly sorry that you feel that items were left behind without being returned. Sandy Nagle, GM
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed just 1 Saturday night, as we had tickets to a musical event downtown. The location was very convenient - easy to find when we arrived in Harrisburg & again so just after midnight when we could barely hear each other after the magnificent music!

Although the room is not spacious, for 2 people, for a night or so, it needn't be. But it is not cramped, either. We had a clean, comfy king-sized bed. The room was tastefully furnished - a mini-fridge & microwave are hidden in the large sideboard cabinet. I found an extra pillow & blanket in the closet - LOVED THAT! It's always a small annoyance to me to have to call housekeeping to ask. The same stone slab countertop in the bathroom is used for the tub surround - very nice touch. And the toilet had some type of turbo-flush - always a plus. :-)

Breakfast on Sunday was available until 10:30am. There was enough turnover that the hot food was pretty much hot or at least warm. We enjoyed the cheese omelets, redskin potatoes, english muffins, fresh fruit and make-your-own yogurt/granola/fruit parfait. There was also sausage, make-your-own waffles, several kinds of cereal, a variety of pastries & danish. Earl Grey & Constant Comment teabags were offered, along with a few carafes of coffee, plus one of hot water for the tea & cocoa, as well as a few juice choices.

The only negative is that the room furnishing & fixtures seem to be expecting very tall people. I'm only about 5'3" - the counter height for the sink was a bit uncomfortable for me to lean over to wash my face. Even stretching, I could barely reach the shower-head to adjust the angle of the spray. The sideboard had to be every bit of 48" tall. But oddly, the toilet seemed to be a low-seater.

Overall - a conveniently located hotel; a very clean, comfortable room; well-presented, hearty breakfast. Would definitely recommend and/or stay again.

Room Tip: 1. Our odd-numbered room faced the front - not the highway, so we heard NO noise. 2. Our room (#201...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites Harrisburg-Union Deposit? Share your experiences!