“Great Affordable Option For Visit to Hershey/Harrisburg Area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #17 of 51 hotels in Harrisburg
Rocky Mount, NC
“Great Affordable Option For Visit to Hershey/Harrisburg Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We decided to stay at this location on a family trip to Hershey. It was very affordable, clean and convenient to Hershey without paying the higher prices to stay in Hershey. You are a quick and easy ten minute drive to Hershey. It appeared many other families use this location during visits to Hershey as well because there were lots of families present. We always felt safe and comfortable. Room was always clean. The hotel itself appeared relatively new. The free continental breakfast was honestly one of the best I have ever experienced. They offered hot items such as breakfast burritos. There was an indoor pool which the kids enjoyed. There are several restaurants in the area if needed. The only negative comment I have, which resulted in the 4 out of 5 rating, deals with the soundproofing of the rooms. You could hear from the rooms around you, especially above. One night we were called by the front desk because of a loud noise complaint from the room below. First, this was a Saturday night about 9:45PM, and there were several gatherings/loud noise in the rooms around us, but I guess we were singled out as the culprits. Second, I will be the first to admit if the kids are loud or out of control, but this was actually a great night because they were exhausted from Hershey all day. Anyway, we spent the remainder of the night tiptoeing around the room whispering. Other than this one issue, everything else was great.

Room Tip: If the hotel is not crowded, ask to stay away from other guests, or ask to stay on the top floor, t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

156 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Rodman, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm starting this review possibly a little biased, I have stayed at several CI&S and I just love this hotel chain. I think the little extra like the cookies and coffee in the lobby all day are just a great perk. The also have a great rewards program. My family stayed at this particular hotel over Easter weekend. The room was a good size we had the 1 room suite which has 2 queen beds and a pull out couch, perfect for a family of 4. The room had 2 tvs which is perfect for my 2 teens. Wifi was fast. I also liked that our room had a refrigerator and microwave. The beds were very comfortable. they also include 2 sets of extra pillows and blankets in the closet. the pool and the hot tub were both very nice and there were plenty of towels available. The complementary breakfast was great. Great selection with Sausage and biscuits, Hash browns, eggs, muffins, waffles, etc. They also had an attendant that refilled items as they depleted. Check out was very speedy. As always CI&S was a great stay and I will continue to use this chain in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
solmarisol1, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Harrisburg-Union Deposit, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
The stadd at Country Inns & Suites on Union Deposit Road appreciates your positive feedback on our hotel, I know that our breakfast stadd will definately appreaciate this review,
Marlboro, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were in the area for a family vacation. The hotel is right off of I83, very easy to find. There are restaurants and a grocery store very close to the hotel. There were cookies and coffee in the lobby when we checked in. I had signed up for an "upgrade" when I made my reservation. During check-in, the upgrade was not mentioned. I mentioned it, and staff was unsure what I meant. Even showing them the copy of the email was not helpful. Eventually we were told we had the upgraded room--turns out we didn't (but we didn't get charged).

The room met our needs, although the heating/cooling did a lot of heating (even after we turned it off!). The room had a microfridge and a microwave. Soundproofing would have helped--the sounds of feet walking overhead and by our door during the day and night seemed very loud compared to other hotels.

The free hot breakfast was well-done during the week (eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, fruit and yogurt, bagels, etc.) but on Saturday the quality dropped--paper plates, plastic cups, and plastic utensils instead of plates, glasses, and silverware; no fruit to be seen the 4 times we stopped in looking for some; and the baked goods selection was spare (no English muffins or bagels). Perhaps the volume of people staying overwhelmed the hotel.

The pool, business center, and exercise room were comfortable. The parking was adaquate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Weedsport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stay at this hotel chain whenever we can. We find them to be affordable, clean, friendly and they feature a good breakfast to start the day. The Peiffers Lane, Harrisburg Country Inn and Suites is no exception.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review on our hotel.
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have stayed at this property on two different occasions. This place is clean and the free breakfast is above average. The King bed I had was super comfy. I slept like a baby. I've never made it down to the pool so I can't comment on that. It has great access to Hershey attractions, using Union Deposit Road is almost like sneaking in the back door. It's a great alternative. Interstate 83 is extremely congested at rush hour so be aware of that and plan for it/around it. If you are a "value" shopper like me, there is a Gabe's department store and a thrift store within walking distance. "Good" restaurant choices are limited on Union Deposit, but Jones Road, one mile and one exit north on 83, has anything you could ever imagine. I would describe the neighborhood as safe, never seen an issue. Overall, I like staying here and would recommend it to you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great feedback. THe bed in our hotel are indded super comfy, and as for our breakfast we do have a rotation schedule for four weeks so its not the same menu on the same day each week. Hope you stay with us the next time your travels bring you our way.
altima2008
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed at several country inn & suites and as usual everything was up to my standards. Nice staff, clean room, reasonably priced and a great breakfast.

Stayed in a two room suite on the fourth floor with a couch bed in the living room. The room had two tv's, a refrigerator, a microwave and plenty of space for 5. The indoor pool and hot tub was nice and relaxing after a long day. The hotel has coffee, tea, fruit and cookies available 24/7.

The breakfast was nice as usual. Cereal, fruit, waffles, red potatoes, breakfast egg burritos and other options were available as well. I was informed by the front desk staff that everyday the breakfast options are different everyday so that is a plus.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Harrisburg Hershey area. Reasonably close to Hershey without the high rates.

Room Tip: Higher floor has less on street noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
solmarisol1, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Harrisburg-Union Deposit, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your great feedback on our hotel, we do hope that the next time your travels bring you this way that you choose to stay with us again.
On The Road
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have visited this hotel several times now, and the property is always clean (within reason... not spotless). However, one consistent issue this hotel has is with the staff.
They aren't rude, but a few have been borderline.

One evening my room key wasn't working, and you would have thought I asked the guy to push my car downtown with me driving it! He wasn't friendly at all.

The rooms are fresh and clean - the property is relatively new.

An area that could use some focus in the lobby - the floors were dirty and gritty. I understand that it is winter, and snow and such gets tracked in - but morning, noon, night... the floor always looked dirty.

Like most Country Inns, the breakfast usually falls a little short. The variety isn't great, the supply is always limited, and the warm food usually isn't prepared property or up to food safety standard.

Overall, this is a great property, and I will stay here again. However, management should focus on training the front desk/reception staff to conduct themselves in a far more professional manner.

I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites Harrisburg-Union Deposit? Share your experiences!