You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Pittsburgh, PA
“I like Staying Here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have stayed at this property on two different occasions. This place is clean and the free breakfast is above average. The King bed I had was super comfy. I slept like a baby. I've never made it down to the pool so I can't comment on that. It has great access to Hershey attractions, using Union Deposit Road is almost like sneaking in the back door. It's a great alternative. Interstate 83 is extremely congested at rush hour so be aware of that and plan for it/around it. If you are a "value" shopper like me, there is a Gabe's department store and a thrift store within walking distance. "Good" restaurant choices are limited on Union Deposit, but Jones Road, one mile and one exit north on 83, has anything you could ever imagine. I would describe the neighborhood as safe, never seen an issue. Overall, I like staying here and would recommend it to you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
solmarisol1, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your great feedback. THe bed in our hotel are indded super comfy, and as for our breakfast we do have a rotation schedule for four weeks so its not the same menu on the same day each week. Hope you stay with us the next time your travels bring you our way.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Hebrew first
altima2008
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed at several country inn & suites and as usual everything was up to my standards. Nice staff, clean room, reasonably priced and a great breakfast.

Stayed in a two room suite on the fourth floor with a couch bed in the living room. The room had two tv's, a refrigerator, a microwave and plenty of space for 5. The indoor pool and hot tub was nice and relaxing after a long day. The hotel has coffee, tea, fruit and cookies available 24/7.

The breakfast was nice as usual. Cereal, fruit, waffles, red potatoes, breakfast egg burritos and other options were available as well. I was informed by the front desk staff that everyday the breakfast options are different everyday so that is a plus.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Harrisburg Hershey area. Reasonably close to Hershey without the high rates.

Room Tip: Higher floor has less on street noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
solmarisol1, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your great feedback on our hotel, we do hope that the next time your travels bring you this way that you choose to stay with us again.
On The Road
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have visited this hotel several times now, and the property is always clean (within reason... not spotless). However, one consistent issue this hotel has is with the staff.
They aren't rude, but a few have been borderline.

One evening my room key wasn't working, and you would have thought I asked the guy to push my car downtown with me driving it! He wasn't friendly at all.

The rooms are fresh and clean - the property is relatively new.

An area that could use some focus in the lobby - the floors were dirty and gritty. I understand that it is winter, and snow and such gets tracked in - but morning, noon, night... the floor always looked dirty.

Like most Country Inns, the breakfast usually falls a little short. The variety isn't great, the supply is always limited, and the warm food usually isn't prepared property or up to food safety standard.

Overall, this is a great property, and I will stay here again. However, management should focus on training the front desk/reception staff to conduct themselves in a far more professional manner.

I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Layton, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Room was great, clean,plenty of towels. Pool was warm and hot tub was relaxing. Would have stayed more nights but had to get home. I would definitely stay here again. Breakfast had eggs, home fries, corn beef hash, toast,bagels,English muffins,waffles,cereal, oatmeal, several juices ,coffee tea.........what more could you ask for! I also got a great price. This hotel won't disappoint you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Glad to hear that you had such a great stay. Thank you so much for your positive feedback on our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you back to our location.
Massapequa, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed her overnight in the beginning of January. I have no compliants. Room was a nice size and was clean. Had a king size bed facing the back of the property. Property was well kept. Breakfast was good and had a lot of choices considering its continental. Coffee was available as well as cookies all the time. All in all a nice hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Harrisburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I reserved a suite a few days ago at this hotel. Checking in was a very smooth and quick process which is something I've always liked at hotels. When we got to the room initially, it was very clean and tidy. However, being that I'm a neat freak and also a part time hotel employee, I scanned the room from top to bottom and lo and behold, there were long strands of hair all over every linen and inside the pillow cases as well. What annoyed me the most was the fact that there was huge stain which was from a woman's monthly menstrual on the padding below the fitted sheet. I then proceeded to call the front desk and requested new linens as well as two plates and forks. Although the linens were brought by the front desk agent in a timely manner, I was shocked when she handed everything to me along with 2 garbage bags. She then proceeded to tell me when I'm done making the bed to put the soiled ones outside in the garbage bags. At that moment, I couldn't believe she was telling us to make the bed ourselves. She asked me what was the problem with the linens and I showed her everything including the stain and to my surprise, all she said was "oh". Finally, when she was leaving I asked her about the plates and forks and she told me that it was impossible for her to bring everything at the same time so someone would have to go down with her to collect them which is what my husband did a few minutes later.

This was actually my 2nd time staying her and my 1st was awesome. However, this time was absolutely awful. At the end of the day, I can't blame the front desk agent since she was doing 2 jobs at once. They definitely need to have housekeeping services around the clock cause it's seems as it housekeepers are only available around check out time. Why should guest have to make their own beds!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Originally booked the 1 bedroom suite, and requested an odd numbered room not facing the highway as I had read reviews saying that the even numbered rooms face the highway and are quite noisy. Well as it turns out no such animal exists all the one bedroom unit face th highway..so we downgraded to to a one bedroom. King size bed with a living area in one room. It was quite nice and clean. The bathroom was standard smaller size.
The included breakfast was standard fare... 3 hot items. Some sort of omelet, sausage and potatoes. As well as cereals , and eng muffins, small tasteless bagels and mini muffins...
location is good. Lots of dining and shopping options within walking distance..we paid just under $100. Not worth more than that

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA

Address: 1025 Peiffers Lane, Harrisburg, PA 17109
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg
Free Breakfast Restaurant Wheelchair access
#12 Business Hotel in Harrisburg
#15 Family Hotel in Harrisburg
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA 2.5*
Conveniently located off of Interstate 83 and Union Deposit Road, the Country Inn & Suites Harrisburg, PA hotel offers comfortable, spacious accommodations in a prime location. Just minutes from Hersheypark, Giant Center, downtown Harrisburg and Harrisburg International Airport, our Harrisburg lodging features an indoor pool and whirlpool, a Fitness Center and Business Center. With our quality accommodations, signature hospitality and world-class services, guests at the Country Inn & Suites Hotel Harrisburg have an enjoyable stay. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Carlson, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn And Suites Harrisburg-Union Deposit
Country Inn & Suites Harrisburg-Union Deposit Hotel Harrisburg
Country Inn Harrisburg

If you own or manage Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.