“This is an excellent property, but the staff is hit or miss.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1025 Peiffers Lane, Harrisburg, PA 17109   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
On The Road
“This is an excellent property, but the staff is hit or miss.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have visited this hotel several times now, and the property is always clean (within reason... not spotless). However, one consistent issue this hotel has is with the staff.
They aren't rude, but a few have been borderline.

One evening my room key wasn't working, and you would have thought I asked the guy to push my car downtown with me driving it! He wasn't friendly at all.

The rooms are fresh and clean - the property is relatively new.

An area that could use some focus in the lobby - the floors were dirty and gritty. I understand that it is winter, and snow and such gets tracked in - but morning, noon, night... the floor always looked dirty.

Like most Country Inns, the breakfast usually falls a little short. The variety isn't great, the supply is always limited, and the warm food usually isn't prepared property or up to food safety standard.

Overall, this is a great property, and I will stay here again. However, management should focus on training the front desk/reception staff to conduct themselves in a far more professional manner.

I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Hebrew first
Layton, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Room was great, clean,plenty of towels. Pool was warm and hot tub was relaxing. Would have stayed more nights but had to get home. I would definitely stay here again. Breakfast had eggs, home fries, corn beef hash, toast,bagels,English muffins,waffles,cereal, oatmeal, several juices ,coffee tea.........what more could you ask for! I also got a great price. This hotel won't disappoint you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
solmarisol1, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Glad to hear that you had such a great stay. Thank you so much for your positive feedback on our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you back to our location.
Massapequa, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed her overnight in the beginning of January. I have no compliants. Room was a nice size and was clean. Had a king size bed facing the back of the property. Property was well kept. Breakfast was good and had a lot of choices considering its continental. Coffee was available as well as cookies all the time. All in all a nice hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Harrisburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I reserved a suite a few days ago at this hotel. Checking in was a very smooth and quick process which is something I've always liked at hotels. When we got to the room initially, it was very clean and tidy. However, being that I'm a neat freak and also a part time hotel employee, I scanned the room from top to bottom and lo and behold, there were long strands of hair all over every linen and inside the pillow cases as well. What annoyed me the most was the fact that there was huge stain which was from a woman's monthly menstrual on the padding below the fitted sheet. I then proceeded to call the front desk and requested new linens as well as two plates and forks. Although the linens were brought by the front desk agent in a timely manner, I was shocked when she handed everything to me along with 2 garbage bags. She then proceeded to tell me when I'm done making the bed to put the soiled ones outside in the garbage bags. At that moment, I couldn't believe she was telling us to make the bed ourselves. She asked me what was the problem with the linens and I showed her everything including the stain and to my surprise, all she said was "oh". Finally, when she was leaving I asked her about the plates and forks and she told me that it was impossible for her to bring everything at the same time so someone would have to go down with her to collect them which is what my husband did a few minutes later.

This was actually my 2nd time staying her and my 1st was awesome. However, this time was absolutely awful. At the end of the day, I can't blame the front desk agent since she was doing 2 jobs at once. They definitely need to have housekeeping services around the clock cause it's seems as it housekeepers are only available around check out time. Why should guest have to make their own beds!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Originally booked the 1 bedroom suite, and requested an odd numbered room not facing the highway as I had read reviews saying that the even numbered rooms face the highway and are quite noisy. Well as it turns out no such animal exists all the one bedroom unit face th highway..so we downgraded to to a one bedroom. King size bed with a living area in one room. It was quite nice and clean. The bathroom was standard smaller size.
The included breakfast was standard fare... 3 hot items. Some sort of omelet, sausage and potatoes. As well as cereals , and eng muffins, small tasteless bagels and mini muffins...
location is good. Lots of dining and shopping options within walking distance..we paid just under $100. Not worth more than that

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Spring City, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

we booked a room for 2 adults and one child for a room with a sofa bed. when we opened the bed it didn't have any sheets on it. we called down to the front desk. She said the sheets were on it. I told her I was looking at it and there were no sheets. She responded, that if we wanted sheets we would have to come down and get them..not even an apology. I'm just saying, if I'm paying $130 for a room, I shouldn't have to get go down 4 floors get my own sheets and make my own bed. If I wanted to do that I would stay at home. other than that it was a nice place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
solmarisol1, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I do apologize for the inconvenience of your sleeper sofa not being made; this is not an every day occurrence. I can assure you that the situation has been taken care of.
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed here which was very close to the Pinnacle Hospital. Arrived reservation online and had requested a $7.00 per night upgrade to a bigger room and received the upgrade when we checked in. Stayed two nights and planned to check out and we did. my daughter just had brain surgery and we thought we would be leaving. Came back that afternoon and explained to the desk clerk that my daughter would not be released and we needed the room back again. She checked the rate and gave us the same deal we had the days before. That was great. The hotel was clean and quiet, and the breakfast daily was a plus. Also leaved the coffee and tea was available all day as well as the free cookies. Great stay!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
solmarisol1, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
We appreciate your feedback on our hotel, and even more so that we were able to accomodate you for an additional nights stay.

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA

Address: 1025 Peiffers Lane, Harrisburg, PA 17109
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg
Free Breakfast Restaurant Wheelchair access
#13 Business Hotel in Harrisburg
#15 Family Hotel in Harrisburg
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA 2.5*
Conveniently located off of Interstate 83 and Union Deposit Road, the Country Inn & Suites Harrisburg, PA hotel offers comfortable, spacious accommodations in a prime location. Just minutes from Hersheypark, Giant Center, downtown Harrisburg and Harrisburg International Airport, our Harrisburg lodging features an indoor pool and whirlpool, a Fitness Center and Business Center. With our quality accommodations, signature hospitality and world-class services, guests at the Country Inn & Suites Hotel Harrisburg have an enjoyable stay. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Carlson, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn And Suites Harrisburg-Union Deposit
Country Inn & Suites Harrisburg-Union Deposit Hotel Harrisburg
Country Inn Harrisburg

If you own or manage Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.