“Clean, comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Austintown, Ohio
“Clean, comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Nice place, rooms clean, beds comfy, toilet a little low to the ground, pool and hottub clean, breakfast was ok, nice staff, quiet place. Stayed two nights, they cleaned room between, and restocked the towels. Towels could have smelled fresher (I personally like the bleach scent). Free WiFi was great. Really easy to find from the freeway. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Call hotel directly for best room rate.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
solmarisol1, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Harrisburg-Union Deposit, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback on your stay with us and I hope you choose to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Harrisburg, PA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Hebrew first
san antonio,tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Hotel and room were clean and comfortable.Stayed three nights and was pleased with everything.
Staff was friendly and the breakfast was good.Close to everything and easy to get to.Would recommend this to all travelers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your feedback on your stay with us.
Hanover, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I'll start by saying the room was very clean and that was appreciated. It also had a nice sized breakfast room and a good amount of choices if only it would be restocked. On Saturday morning no one restocked the baked goods for 20 minutes. On Sunday at 8:30 my son went to get milk only to be told (in a rude voice, I was standing right there) by the male attendant that they were out of 2% milk, if he wanted milk he should drink skim. I know it's free and I don't like to complain about it but running out of milk? And not being nice about it. The attendants weren't good, but we didn't find anyone in the hotel that was really good.

Our room turned out to be a king bed and sofabed when we thought we had booked 2 queens and a sofabed. They told us they were full and couldn't move our room. I said fine, could we get a cot? Here's where the story gets odd. We were told by the front desk staff that because they were full they had no cots available. They were all in use. We weren't happy but made the best of it. When we got home I took a survey for Country Inn and Suites and brought up the cot issue. The response I got from CI&S told me that this hotel does not offer cots. Ever. So who was right? In other words if you're staying here and need a cot I'd call ahead.

The other problem we had was pillows. How odd to have a problem with pillows. I asked for an extra pillow because we found one in the room for the sofabed but could not find another. The front desk told me they were out of pillows. Seriously. A hotel that runs out of pillows. The second night I asked at the front desk again and this time the guy there was really friendly and said he thought they were totally out of pillows because they were sold out but he'd check. He showed up at our room 10 minutes later with one pillow and said that was the LAST pillow they had in the hotel. When I put this in my survey CS&I wrote back that they didn't understand why the hotel said they were out of pillows, that they should have had plenty even if they were sold out. Well having someone at the corporate office tell me that after I returned home did me a lot of good Saturday night when I had no pillow didn't it?

The last problem was the noise. Now they can't control their guests and we had a lot of banging doors, but they could have soundproofed the rooms better. When people walked in the hallway talking they sounded like they were in our room. On the bedside table was a sheet that gave tips on minimizing noise if you have trouble sleeping. I thought that was odd, but after a night here I know why. They even offer sound machines at the front desk which I thought was nice until I realized it was probably due to the fact that these rooms magnify all the sounds around them. And it is facing the highway so that road noise comes through the windows. If you need quiet I would not recommend staying here.

I really like that the hotel was clean but between the staff problems and the noise I would not stay here again. I will add that the location was okay if you're going to Hershey Park. I might stay in this location, just not this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Harrisburg-Union Deposit, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We take your comments very seriously and will use this to train our staff better so that future guests will not encounter these problems.
West Islip, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The room was clean and fairly spacious, and though the beds were not the most comfortable I have ever slept in, they were okay. The bathroom had very good water pressure, ample hot water and towels. The hot tub was a nice touch after a couple of days walking around Hershey Park. This hotel is right off the highway, so it's very convenient, but there is some road noise (which is drowned out by the a/c unit when it's running). We had an even-numbered room, which faced the highway. An odd-numbered room facing toward the side street might be quieter. The included breakfast was a notch above some other hotels, with a couple of hot items - varied daily - plus waffle makers. Leave yourself some time to get breakfast if you have plans for the day, because the breakfast room did get crowded. We found the people at the front desk very pleasant, giving us advice on local restaurants, and check-in and -out was no problem whatsoever. Overall, a very positive experience and I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Odd-numbered rooms should face away from the highway and be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
solmarisol1, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Harrisburg-Union Deposit, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our location. We have about four different breakfast menus and we do try our best to bring a good variety of food for your enjoyment.
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Just came home. Was going to Hershey Park with 12 family members, did alot of searching to try to find just the right hotel. Came across this one,read the reviews and booked it. I'm so glad I did. Beautiful place,very clean and beds were so comfortable you almost didnt want to leave. The only downside was pool area was extremely slippery, jacuzzi looked like it had some kind of film over the water and very heavy chlorine odor so even though my grandchildren were so looking forward to going in there after dinner we had to tell them no but since thats the only negative i rated it a 4 otherwise it definitely would have been a 5. Everyone was very nice and helpful and made our stay very nice. We will definitely be returning in the very near future. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We picked this hotel after a day at Hersheypark, the BIG neon sign read "HEATED POOL" outside the place. Once checked in the family just wanted to get into a nice pool. Sorry, somebody forget to turn on the heat in the pool! It was freezing, a degree or two above what the Titanic sank in! We were waiting from someone from the front desk to come down and check it out, four more families showed up after us and also complained. They also called the front desk. After the hotel employee finally stopped by and "turned it up" she said it would not be long to heat up. That was funny! It would take that amount of water 2-3 days to raise 20 degrees according to my science degree and it was 8:30pm and we were tired. The placard in the pool said it was 82 degrees about 20 degrees shy of that and that the jacuzzi was 102 degrees about 20 degrees shy of that also. It was also the first time in my life that the chlorine from a pool was so high my eyes burned all night.
Breakfast was crowded and you can't put an 18 year old in charge of 60 people. No food, no juice, tables not wiped, trash cans overflowing, nothing cleaned or wiped. It was chaos! We left.
If you are a light sleeper DO NOT take an even number room! I-83 is 25 feet away and you WILL hear motorcycles and tractor trailers going by all night. I did see numerous empty soda cans and water bottles as I walked around the hotel on the floor. The beds were not comfortable and between that and the Interstate none of us got a good nights sleep. I have stayed in over 15 Country Inns up and down the east coast and this is by far the worst and giving the company a bad name. E-mailed hotel manager to contact me, no reply, contacted corporate headquarters to advise.

Room Tip: Don't take an even number room they run parallel to Interstate!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Harrisburg-Union Deposit, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA. We apologize that you did not have an enjoyable stay. We strive to meet our guests expectations. This helps us to improve our services and for a family to enjoy their stay. Thank you again for your comments and giving us an opportunity to improve.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We where traveling with five kids on our way to Hersheypark. We decided to stay here based on the reviews I had read. It was a GREAT place. The room where very clean, the beds where comfortable, The breakfast was HOT, my girls loved the waffle maker. The pool was nice to relax in after a day at the park. The rate was also a plus. We would recommend this hotel to anybody staying in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the hotel. It's quiter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Harrisburg-Union Deposit? Share your experiences!