“Clean Room, Modern Furniture, Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #16 of 51 hotels in Harrisburg
Old Forge, NY
“Clean Room, Modern Furniture, Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Stayed at this hotel while driving from Florida to upstate NY. It was easy to find, conveniently located, and a great restaurant near by. Check in was easy, front desk personel was friendly and effecient. My room was clean, comfortable and internet was free. Nice spacious room, king size pillow-top bed, All the amenities of home, microwave, fridge, large TV set. I will stay here again on my next trip! On a side note: There is a fantastic restaurant called Texas Roadhouse right near this hotel. (Please see my review of it)

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from families traveling with children.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I was on a three day road trip visiting family for the holidays. After two nights at an overpriced Marriott in Rochester I was feeling cash poor and disappointed. But the minute I walked into the well appointed lobby of the Country Inn and Suites (after eight hours of driving) I knew things were improving. After being greeted warmly and then told my room was actually ten dollars less than the amount I booked online (thanks to AAA) I was invited to help myself to fresh fruit, coffee or hot chocolate from a lobby counter.

I made my way to a spotlessly clean room equipped with not only the now-standard flat screen and wi-fi but also a microwave and mini fridge hidden in a lovely piece of furniture. The bed was comfortable, nice linens and again...spotless. The bathroom had four sets of fluffy towels.

There was a streetlight outside my window and the heavy drapes do not cover this all the way. I didn't mind this but if you have young children you may want a room away from the parking lot lights.

At the other mentioned hotel my husband paid seven dollars for our morning coffee (nothing else included). Here I found a breakfast room with waffles, egg burritos, potatoes, sausage, cereal, bagels and pastry, mixed fruit and all sorts of coffee and juices. This would be a great place for families as there are so many choices for the little ones.

Now that my son lives in the area I will definitely be back and will look for other Country Inn and Suites in my travels.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

On the weekend of December 3rd we stayed here after attending the Pa Christmas show craft show and sale. It was an easy drive from the Farm show complex to the hotel. We got there at bit early but were allowed to check in. Check in was seamless and the clerk was very friendly. She even offered us a listing for dinner in the area. The room was immaculate and well kept. Beds were comfy. We had the complimentary breakfast Sunday morning and were surprised by the variety available. There were egg fritatas, breakfast meats make your own waffles as well as the usual continental breakfast items. The attendent was very good as the room was immaculate and the buffets servers always full ( at least for the time we were in the room). Our Sunday itinerary included a trip to Hersehy Christmas Lane. When inquiring about discount tickets from the hotel, while they did not have any we were given information about getting them at the Giant food store about a mile up the road. It took about 20 minutes to reach Hershey from this hotel. All in all a great stay for a great price.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stayed here and from the minute we got there the staff was helpful and friendly. We got there early and they quickly checked on our room and got us checked in. The room was nice and in a great location. You have to check out the pool and spa which was refreshing. The breakfast was well stocked and had something for everyone. It is within a 10-15 minute drive of most of the Harrisburg/Hershey attractions and there are plenty of shops and restaurants just feet from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I stayed one night at this hotel. Checkin easy, parking ample and room clean. Alot of places to eat nearby. However this hotel is right on RT 83 and I found it hard to stay asleep with the traffic. I would recommend requested an odd number room since it was not on the side of the highway. Breakfast was good also.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Liverpool UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Really good hotel. Staff very helpful on arrival and during our stay. Rooms are of a high standard, clean and spacious.
Lots to see in this old former state capital.
Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

After a long drive from Indianapolis to Harrisburg, we checked into the Country Inn & Suites. After all of the news about bedbugs, I checked out our room thoroughly. Our room was immaculate - super bright and clean.

The breakfast had a wide variety - already-made breakfast burritos, sausage patties, fruit compote, yogurt, coffee station, hot chocolate, cereal, muffins, and THREE waffle makers. They had non-stick spray by the waffle irons, so I had no problem getting mine out.

It seemed like there were a lot of places nearby and it was a safe-feeling area, but we didn't venture far and only had dinner at "Your Place," which was practically in their parking lot (kind of a dive, but the food wasn't bad).

The lobby was really pretty cool. They had fresh cookies on the reception desk and a coffee station. They also have a mini library with books for visitors to borrow. If you're not done with the book by the end of your stay, you can return it to any Country Inn & Suites whenever you are. How nice!

We were only there to sleep before driving on to Philadelphia, so we didn't see much of the area, but it was a nice start to our vacation.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites Harrisburg-Union Deposit? Share your experiences!