“Not the best place in Harrisburg” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites

You added Clarion Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Nationwide Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17110 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Lawsonville, North Carolina
“Not the best place in Harrisburg”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

At first this hotel seemed okay, but it kept getting worse. The check-in clerk was fine and helpful, but after we checked we found that the toilet did not flush. My husband tried to fix it, but it still didn't work. One of the beds had a small stain that did not look like it had been washed. We then switched rooms and things seemed better until I shut the bathroom door behind me and it locked all by itself. The clerk said, when she unlocked it, that something was wrong with the lock on the door and it stayed locked...so it couldn't be closed all the way unless you were actually in the bathroom...as it would open from inside, just not from outside.
While the hotel was undergoing renovations, some things were good, like the beds were new and the carpet seemed fairly new. However, the new wallpaper was already peeling off at one place on the wall in our 2nd room. The new counter tops were nice, but you could see in some places, around the edges, that they just couldn't cover everything up. The final straw was when the shower didn't drain properly! It's stinks to have to take a shower in 2 or 3 inches of water!!! This place did have an okay breakfast, but wasn't work the $69 we were charged.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AGM_PA156, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Imgreeso001,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your recent stay. Unfortunately the rooms you were in , are not renovated yet. We are still under going renovations, with better quality of products. Everything in our hotel is being completely redone, including bathroom doors. We apologize you were dissatisfied with your stay, and the issues experienced. I will have maintenance look into the draining issue you experienced. The beds are in fact brand new. We want to accommodate our guests as best as possible, and are working on creating a better atmosphere. Our new renovations will include, all new showers, vanities, amenities, bedding, carpet, light fixtures, and an indoor salt water pool; many more new features!

Again, thank you for leaving us feedback. It will help us improve in the future.

We hope you will revisit us once the hotel is completely renovated.

Carrie Davis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Trophy Club, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

It was a pleasure being welcomed by Jack when we arrived. He took care of us well. I made some minor suggestions to management upon checkout, but did not note any significant problems and therefore recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AGM_PA156, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for leaving us feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, and were able to speak with Jack. I will definitely pass on your kind compliments! We are striving to improve and with suggestions, like yours we are able to do so. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with the overall guest experience, and hope to see you on your next travels!

Assistant General Manager
Edinboro
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stayed here because usual accommodations were booked on Memorial Day weekend. Last minute trip to pick up a car. Hotel was being renovated, which it needed. Room was old, tired, but clean (except for carpeting). Sink was plugged. Called the front desk and they sent a maintenance man who could not understand English. He came with a toilet plunger. When I told him it was sink, he flushed toilet. Seeing as how that worked, he turned and looked at me with a puzzled look. I pointed to sink. He turned on the water and did, indeed, see that it was plugged. He proceeded to plunge it with the toilet plunger. Gross! When he left, the front desk called to see if it was fixed. I told him about toilet plunger in sink and asked to have housekeeping come and clean the sink. She was there right away. When going out for evening, front desk clerk informed me there are two plungers, one for sinks, and one for toilets, so maintenance used sink plunger. I informed him maintenance was thinking the toilet needed fixed, so I'm sure he had the toilet plunger. Would consider staying there again once their renovations are done. We had a room that was not yet renovated. Carpet was spotted and dirty. The rest of the room and bathroom seemed to be very clean. Beds were VERY comfortable! Went to breakfast room to get coffee. Free breakfast looked okay, but since we were meeting family for breakfast, we just grabbed coffee, juice and a yogurt.

Room Tip: Ask for newly renovated room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
AGM_PA156, Assistant General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Julie,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your recent stay! We are pleased to hear you found the room to be clean. We are currently undergoing renovations, and within the next few months everything will be more modern and dated. I do apologize for the issue with the plunger, and will speak to the houseman in regard to proper procedures. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. We strive on guest excellence and hope to see you on your next travels through the area.

Middleport, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Overall, this wasn't a bad place. It was being renovated when I stayed here. The wing that my room was in wasn't done yet. The room was clean but dated, same with bathroom. I am sure after the renovations, it will be very nice. Still though, it was a nice place to stay. The breakfast was not that good. Go elsewhere for breakfast. The bacon is horrible and they only put out enough food to make sure it will all be taken and none will go to waste so you are always waiting on a new batch to be served. Plenty of parking and it is close enough to restaurants and gas etc. The bed was probably one of the best I have ever slept on. Very comfortable. I would stay here again if I needed to return to Harrisburg.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ross,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on your stay. We are pleased to hear you had a good night's rest. We are currently renovating all the rooms at the property, and everything will be completely modern when finished. We are redoing everything from carpet, bedding, light fixtures, pictures, walls, bathrooms, creating an indoor pool, and much more!

In regard to breakfast, we are currently training our breakfast attendants to replenish the breakfast more often. We want our guests to feel our hotel is a home away from home, and will improve with your feedback. I thank you for bringing this to my attention.

We hope to see you when you visit the area again, and hope you are able to experience our upcoming renovations!

Harrisburg, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

My wife and I used this location for many years due to the proximity to malls for my wife and Carlisle car shows for myself. We have seen it change hands many times, some OK, others not, but we basically just slept there. We were surprised to see it changed from EconoLodge to Clarion in just one year. The new owners are serious about upgrades. Lobby is all new, and the rooms are being upgraded. Still lots of work to do. There were workers all over the place ripping out tubs and plumbing. Our room was pretty much typical of last stays, except for the new beds and pillows. When does anyone write a review saying the hotels beds and pillows are more comfortable than the 3000 dollar king we have at home. We were so impressed by this feature. Hopefully the future renos will be as rewarding. I know there are a lot of negative reviews on this place, but that was then, and this is now.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Rahul P, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay. I was very pleased to hear that our hotel have met your needs and expectations and ensuring that your stay was a pleasant and enjoyable one. I will be sure to share your comments with all members of the team. I do hope that you will stay here again the next time you are in the Harrisburg area.
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This Econo Lodge is near to the highway and perfect for a nightly stay while traveling. I paid under $60 for a very large room with double queen bed. The room was nicely made and clean. Bathroom was ok. Staff is courteous. Except for a little bit dark and dingy lobby, this Hotel is worth it!

• Stayed March 2013
Rahul P, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our wonderful hotel. The team absolutely loves hearing comments as they truly take them to heart. Thank you for taking some time to write about us. If I can be of any assistance feel free to contact me directly at gm.pa156@choicehotels.com.