“Honest & kind!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Harrisburg B&B and Inns
Buffalo, New York
“Honest & kind!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had not been back to Harrisburg for a long time. So, when my one year anniversary was coming up I decided to take my husband to the city I used to live in and show him around. Actually, I used to live right around the corner from the Inn. I read several reviews after our visit; the rooms may not be as "updated" as everyone wishes, but the Inn definitely served its purpose — a little romance! (We did not have any bugs or rodents either!) Being our anniversary I had plans to take my husband to a nice dinner in the city, so I wore my diamond earrings. At some point during the weekend I lost an earring. I didn't notice it until I was getting ready to leave on Sunday and I ripped the room apart trying to find it. I was hysterical because the earrings were the last gift I received from my father before he passed away. I was crying my eyes out when we checked out and the wonderful lady at the counter assured me that if they found it they would call me. We had been all over the city that weekend, I could have lost it anywhere. I thought for sure it was gone forever. Not even a month later I received a call from the Inn. They remove all the furniture and shampoo the carpets regularly. The cleaning lady found it and turned it in. I CANNOT THANK HER ENOUGH OR THE INN FOR EMPLOYING SUCH HONEST PEOPLE!! The earrings mean more to me than any amount of money. Thank you Inn of the Dove!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DoveH, Manager at Inn of the Dove, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking the time to share your wonderful feed back with us.The staff and management is delighted to know that you had the best experience .Everyone at this location works very hard to ensure that guest enjoy their stay at this place.We thank you for your recommendation and look
Forward to welcoming you back.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Etters, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We are a young couple. We decided to stay here despite all the bad reviews this motel got. We were very happy we did. We stayed in the deluxe whirlpool suit. We were celebrating our one year anniversary. It was very warm and inviting. It had everything we needed. The motel was very close to everything. The staff was very friendly and smiled :) We just absolutely loved it. It was romantic and fun. Like no other place we ever stayed at before. We will definitely be back again next year!!!! Thank you so much for making our one year perfect!

Room Tip: All around awesome!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
DoveH, Manager at Inn of the Dove, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for sharing your wonderful feedback with us.The staff and management is delighted to know that you had the best experience.We look forward to welcoming you back.
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

As we have passed through Harrisburg many times, finally we decided to give this place a try.
We stayed in a deluxe suite, which was not very expensive. When we entered in the motel, we saw small cottages all around. Each room was secluded. The location is excellent. It is right off highway 81 and in the center of the Harrisburg. The staff is good. They gave us direction to all surrounding restaurant so there are many to choose from. Free Internet access. When we checked in, we experienced a clean room. Jacuzzi was in one corner and many mirrors in the room. The layout of the room is definitely romantic.
We are young couple and we like to be with each other so we like when no one is around us. All in all, we had enjoyable stay. I would highly recommend this for a nice, romantic and relaxing stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DoveH, Manager at Inn of the Dove, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking time to write a review.We are happy to know that you had the best experience.We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back.
Edison, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Even though this motel is more suited for honeymooners and romantic excursions, my teens an I needed a place to stay for the night because all the hotels closer to Hershey were booked. I have to admit I was a little nervous about staying there. The registration area is filled with candles for sale and instructions on how to access adult movies. With trepidation we went to the room with the back up plan of sleeping in the car if we had to. I thought it was clean, odor free and we saw no bugs. The girls were a little curious about the mirror on the ceiling! The bathroom was clean as well. We literally were just there to sleep, so it was fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,
Thanks for taking time to share the details of your recent experience about Inn of the dove,Harrisburg. We would love to have you and your spouse again for a romantic night.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed at Inn of the dove for two night in a Deluxe suite.We realized what a wise choice it was.First of all and most important we love each other company.The room helps to create that romantic feeling.My room was clean and much bigger than what I expected.Shower and whirlpool tub were clean.Shower is great with double headed shower and bench to sit.We had plenty of towels,soap shampoo and lotion.

Our bed was comfortable and I loved the mirrors on ceiling.In short,if you are looking for a quiet,romantic place to spend time with your special person,this is the right place.All in all ,it was great romantic getaway and definitely want to go to dove again and try different theme room.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thanks for taking time to share your wonderful feedback with us.The staff and management is delighted to know that you enjoyed at Inn of the Dove.We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here on our way to York for business. ALL I wanted was a room with a Jacuzzi. After calling many hotels in the area, I asked one person if she knew any place in the area: her response was this place but she also warned me it was not up to a normal hotel-motel standards. I read the reviews on here before booking and to be honest I think we all stayed at a different place, because this place was disgusting from walking into to leaving. "Great place for nature lovers"?? SURE if you like rats or mice scratching and squeaking all night in your fire place trying to get in. They have rat boxes outside the doors, which made me NOT want to walk around the place. When we walked up to the room there were cigarette butts thrown all outside the door, our door looked like someone broke into it. Don't walk barefoot on the carpet or floors. Bathroom floor was so dirty it was stained. YUCK! Under bathroom sink is boarded up because it was disgusting. Checked for bed bugs, there were none. Only Good thing! The Jacuzzi was disgusting to say the least, we filled it to see about using it and after we started it there were dark stuff floating on the top of the water. The intake wa all brown and disgusting, cigarette burn marks on it and mold on the mirror.THAT WAS A NO! The shower area was just as bad mold and mildew, and dirty, the beauty mirror was broke and burned out wouldn't touch the hair dryer. The sink area was disgusting, Never used any of it. We did have a pool room: It was chlorinated so that did get used once. You could smell the chlorine or I would have never used it. The room was bad: the drop ceilings were all brown from cigarette smoke, some of the tiles broke, they must have had a tv in there at one time because the bracket is still there all rusted. The pool itself needs some major repair. The television in the room was dated to the 1990's, it also was bad, the color was bad on it and the picture was blurry, the sound was bad also. We decided to leave and go to the casino and stay there come back only to sleep. The bed was awful it was a mattress about 5" thick on a board, covered by a sheet. There was no blankets on the bed only a sheet and the bedspread, pillows were flat and very uncomfortable. We should have left but they take your money(as we were told credit card only) and run it, BEFORE you check inn, which is weird, and they only give you 15 minutes for a refund, it took us 15 minutes to just find the room. It was in the back of a big building that looked like an old run down apartment building. When I went to hand in my key, I told the woman at the desk about the mice/rats she did issue me a $50.00 credit which should take a week! Romance: NOT A CHANCE! We ALWAYS go to the Pocono's all inclusive, That is Exactly where I will go next time! The $100.00 extra you pay is well worth it. This place is NOT worth the money or the worry of what you will be bringing home with you...... P.S> I don't ever take pictures, but I just had to this time Check them out......

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank this guest for the feedback.We appreciate your review because it tells us where to improve.We do everything to make sure all our guest are happy and relaxed.The management would like to clarify certain points.First there are "NO RATS" in any of the suites.The exterminator service leaves black box "Mouse" trap in area near the creek because of field mice.This is normal for all food or service type industry and it is NOT a "RAT" trap.This property is 7 acres and rooms are secluded and individual small cottage.When you check in at the front desk,we give you a map of the property and direction and explain to you where your room is located.You can park your car near to room and get into room in couple of minutes.We clearly do not understand why the guest described 15 minutes to reach the room ?The guest checked in the evening and stayed overnight.No mention of any issue was given during the stay nor did the guest call at front desk.Had you expressed your concern to the front desk during your stay ,we would have been more than happy to make other accommodation or tried to have come to an amicable solution.We do have 24 hour maintenance staff to help the guest with anything which they may need.Guest complained only at the time of check out .After the guest checked out ,room was thoroughly inspected and we disagree with many of the things guest has described.
The way in which you have described your visit ,it seems that the facility has left something to be desired in your mind.We have high standard of cleanliness.We apologize that during inspection certain items are missed by our head housekeeper.Everyone at this location works very hard so that the guest enjoy their stay.If you decide to try us again ,we will be most happy to welcome you back.
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Me and my wife decided to spend one night at the dove Harrisburg.
We wanted to be away from kids and needed some time for overselves.
When we checked in front desk was friendly, greeted us with smile and explained where our room was. As soon as we walked in our room, I was very happy to find that our room was very clean. A king size bed, big whirlpool tub in one corner, fire place on other side, a mini fridge and microwave. A double headed shower was real fun. What I personally felt was all the facilities are in good condition.
We went to casino in the evening, had a nice dinner, plenty of restaurant in the surrounding to choose and finally spending time with your loved one is always great.I absolutely loved it.We will be back there sometime.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking time to write a review,sharing experience of your recent visit with us.We are delighted to know that you enjoyed at Inn of the dove.we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Inn of the Dove

Been to Inn of the Dove? Share your experiences!