“Great spa, OK lodging.” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2201 Fishing Creek Valley Road, Harrisburg, PA 17112   |
Ranked #42 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
“Great spa, OK lodging.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

The best part (and the main point) of our visit was the spa, where we were given possibly the best massages we can remember.
The rooms were clean and well-appointed, but the HVAC unit was noisy to the point of depriving us of a decent night's sleep. I have seen better "continental" breakfasts at a Super 8 Motel, so that was a big disappointment. Wi-Fi was non-functional for the entire weekend with nobody on staff apparently equipped to address the issue.
Dinner at the Tavern was very good, although our waitress was young, inexperienced and a bit clueless, at one point describing one dessert as having "koala" as an ingredient when she meant "Kahlua!"
I would give a qualified recommendation if you were staying as part of a discounted package. If you're local, come for the spa services!

• Stayed April 2011
Felicita2010, General Manager at Felicita Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
Felicita is so glad to provide you with "possibly the best massages 'you' can remember". Our therapists strive to make each and every massage memorable.

As far as the continental breakfast, I can only apologize that no one informed you of the Hot Breakfast option for purchase in the Clubhouse Grille. We are just beginning our season and must ensure new staff is aware of everything they must inform guests.

Speaking of new employees, I am certain the Koala faux pas was made by a new server. I apologize for this and will speak to that Department. And, I will be sure to let the Chef know your dinners were "very good".

Due our mountain location, WiFi is spotty at best. With today's techonolgy, it is important to stay connected. However, next time, please come and just relax and leave the laptop behind. I know, you are thinking how can I relax with the heater making that incessant noise. Our lodge is equipped with standard hotel heating and air conditioning equipment. And, yes, it can be loud. But, I have a solution. We have two unique lodging opportunities on property. The Golf House (sleeps 8) or the Lakewood Cottage sleeps(sleeps 6). This would be a great opportunity to getaway with friends. Both locations are equipped with full kitchens and appointed with plenty of room to gather.

If you have any questions or other comments, please feel free to contact me at rlongenecker@felicita.cc.

Ryan Longenecker, General Manager
The Felicita Mountain Resort and Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

We checked in after work on a friday night. The directions were easy to find the resort. Well, once you make it up the hill, it is like this beautiful hideaway. Once the morning arrived, opened our shades to the balcony and the scenery was beautiful as a postcard. Even though, it was a bit chilly, the sun was out to warm the day and it was awesome. It won me over from that moment. My friend and I went on Saturday to receive our spa treatements and he was 'wowed' by the deep tissue massage. I was in total comfort zone myself. The dinner was out of this world. We plan to return in the near future. This was a well-deserved getaway from it all.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
FelicitaMgr, Front Office Manager at Felicita Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 22, 2011
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. I want to Thank you for coming out to the Mountains with us and enjoying your time away. The staff here at Felicita would love to have you back once our Gardens are in bloom. You might not believe me, but it's even more stunning then! Hope to see you soon!
Mifflintown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

My friend and I went for a girls night for massages and dinner and stayed the night. The massages were great and the food was fabulous. The heater in our room was a little noisy and the sink in the bathroom would not run hot water. Fortunately we had another sink outside of the bathroom that we used. We never asked for another room. It was not that big of an issue with us. Overall, I would stay here again and am considering a night away with my husband.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
FelicitaMgr, Manager at Felicita Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 31, 2010
I'm glad you took some time away to visit us at Felicita. It's a wonderful place for couples to spend some "alone time", and just as good for a Girls Day! I'm glad you took advantage of our Restaurant and Spa. I hope you and your husband will come for a get-a-way with us soon! Thank you for your Review!
Greenbelt, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

We visited this resort with 20 family members including older adults, and young children. The pool was great for kids. The adults enjoyed the spa which was very clean and the staff very accomodating. The banquet meal we arranged ahead of time was served in a lovely room. The front desk staff is sparse; some of our guests were picked up at the airport and some were not--possibly mis-communication. The garden tour by the owner was long, but outstanding in depth. The gardens are beautiful. The only complaint was the air conditioning in the rooms--way to noisy. The restaurant by the golf course is a little far which leaves only one restaturant somewhat nearby. All in all, our family really enjoyed the week end. The golf was fine too for some who played.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Sal0940,

We thank you for your honest review of Felicita. I'm happy your family enjoyed our outdoor pool and spa. It sounds like your time away was relaxing and filled with fun! As the manager at Felicita, I strive to make every guest's stay enjoyable. I'm thrilled you took a Garden tour! It's one of the many aspects of the Resort that people can enjoy! I hope you will come back to see us again!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

If you like the early 90's this is the place for you!! I just stayed their for the package escape and I cannot believe they advertise it as a Spa. The spa is so outdated and the Tavern restaraunt lacks ZERO ambience. We are local and thought we would give it a try since I had heard mixed reviews. THe GM needs to be fired and all the other staff that report to him. He should be ashamed that he is running a beautiful property into the ground which has great potential. I have no idea who/she is but who ever is in charge they need to be fired. The steak tavern was a joke. The steak wasn't even cooked properly, vegetables cold and they forgot to order Potatoes so the didn't have any. We were there on a Saturday night and only 2 other tables were occupied...RED FLAG!! It was a Saturday. The wine selection in minimal if you are lucky. We left there feeling like we were "Punked". I spent literally $550 dollars for a resort that was in the early 90's that needs updated, trained staff and better ambience. The SPA was a joke. They had LITTLE DEBBIE snack cakes in the Pedicure/Manicure room..I really was looking around for a camera it was so bad. THe Breakfast was just as bad which we didn't even eat, We went to the tavern and had a hot breakfast which made us both sick. The continental breakkfast had bagels wrapped in saran wrap which ok, I will let that go, but a tub of cream from Giant next to it? Seriously, how about individually wrapped cream cheese, get a water container from Costco and put some Lemon in water. SOMETHING!! Bad ambience. I would suggest the owner head to BEDFORD SPA and Resort to get some ideas from a Local Spa. I wasn't expecting Hotel Hershy BUT come on HARRISBURG get some class and run this restaurant and spa like a real one. It would be great to actually have a nice place to have a get away in the area. This is not the place. Staff was friendly and nice and I sure they make a bunch of cash for weddings but I can't imagine the food being to creative. You are paying for the location. If I was from NY,NJ, WV or VA. Beware this is not up to standards for a Spa Resort.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
FelicitaMgr, Front Office Manager at Felicita Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
Dais10,
I'm very sorry you did not enjoy your stay at Felicita. Our Tavern has been raved about by previous guests and locals and our Spa commits to the highest level of performance. Sadly, we cannot accommodate to everyone's taste. This is personally the first complaint I've ever heard about the food at the Tavern and I will make sure to address these issues with Food and Beverage Department. Thank you for making me aware. I can assure you that the snack cakes in the Manicure room have since been removed and Breakfast items have been changed. Felicita Staff is sincerely sorry that you did not enjoy your time here.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I arrived on Sat. to meet up with my wife whom had spent the night in order to get up early to do the Bridal Parties hair. I have to say that I never had heard of Felicita until 2 months prior to the wedding. The place is downright gorgeous! After my wife had finished her 6 hours of updo's, we headed towards the lodge to drop off a few things and change cloths and head to the wedding. We desided on the way to the lodge to sneak a peek at the Italian Gardens where the wedding was to be held. Once we found it, our mouths hit the ground. What a beautiful and breathetaking place to have a wedding at. Fountains, Statues and nicely groomed grounds surrounded a courtyard that I have only seen on TV. The place was just amazing with it. Once we changed we headed to the wedding and the ceremony was just as beautiful as the place it was being held at. Once the wedding was over, we had time to roam the grounds and take more in. If your reading this and know of someone looking for a place to get married at, I seriously think they could check this place out. The reception hall or conference room was huge and the staff was amazing. Though the only complaint that I heard the whole night was that some of the drinks were a bit stronger than what the consumers where used too, it didn't stop them from going back for more. Oh and the food was superb. One note though, my wife and I attended the wedding party buffet before we headed home on Sunday and the Potatoes and Fruit on the buffet tables sure looked like left overs from the night before.
All in all ,We were very pleased with our stay at Felicita and would go back in a heartbeat. Great Staff, Beautiful grounds and Good food made for a delightful stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Middletown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

My friends and I did a weekend trip to Felicita. The staff was very helpful and polite. The property was very peaceful and beautiful. The room was very clean and comfortable. My friends and I had a great relaxing time! I would definetely recommend Felicita! Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Felicita Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!