“CAN'T GO WRONG FOR THE PRICE!” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Airport Hershey
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   990 Eisenhower Blvd, Harrisburg, PA 17111   |
Ranked #26 of 50 hotels in Harrisburg
Nottingham, Pennsylvania
“CAN'T GO WRONG FOR THE PRICE!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed for two nights while attending a three day event at the Hershey Giant Center. It was only a scant 15 minutes away from the center on a direct driving route that was very easily accessible and quick and does not go through the center of Hershey (which takes longer with more lights and stops), with plenty of eateries either along the way or around the hotel. Fantastic bargain. The room was clean (although they should pull the beds and furniture out from the wall more often so they can use a crevice tool to get right along the base of the wall better) and comfortable and the decor was attractive. Nice flat screen TV, easily adjusted climate controls, and great shower with nice water pressure. Bathroom was spotless. Bed was very comfortable and clean, as was the bedding. Room contained microwave and fridge - which is something I always like to have to hold leftover restaurant food and the ability to reheat it. Their free breakfast isn't fantastic but entirely suitable to get the day started, and their breakfast coffee was GREAT (which I consider unusual for a hotel - it's usually pretty tasteless in my experience.) The in-room coffee was pretty typical of in-room coffee - bleah. The only thing I would like to see them add would be around the clock coffee (regular and decaf) available at front desk or in breakfast area - because they DO make great coffee and it would be nice if it were accessible outside of breakfast time. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Can't beat what you get for the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

213 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Although I cannot dispute the value for money for a pet friendly hotel, I did not get much sleep during my stay. There was a constant humming noise throughout the hotel that went on and off all day and night. The heater in the room was so noisy I had to shut it off completely. The room was very clean and the beds themselves were inviting but the disinfectant that they use in the room was so overpowering, I could actually taste it in my mouth. Between the noise and the disinfectant smell I was awake most of the night. If these two problems could be addressed , then this hotel would indeed be a great place to stay. This was my third stay in a La Quinta Inn and Suites and this was the only one that I had a problem with.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Altoona, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you're looking for a pet friendly hotel that doesn't charge a ridiculous pet fee, look no further. In fact (like at la quintas), there was no pet fee at all. The breakfast was standard, but good none the less. The front desk staff was also very friendly. The hotel itself is very standard, with no pool. There is shopping and places to eat within a couple miles. We will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Montoursville. PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We live 2 hours from the Harrisburg Airport, so we went down the night before. The Price was excellent at 55$ for the night. The young lady that checked us in was very friendly. She had once lived in our home town and when we were done checking in she said " see ya later neighbors". The room was clean and comfortable. Nice flatscreen tv and a comfy chair. The only problem was that I requested a smoking room and the room we got was not. I went down to inquire if there was a smoking room available and they were all sold out. Breakfast was fine. overall a good stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Windsor, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We love to travel with our dog and she loves to be with us. We are very grateful to LaQuinta for their dog friendly policy. This LaQuinta is bare bones: No workout room, no pool. But, it was very inexpensive. The room was clean. The breakfast was good. So, I was happy with the stay. I would stay here, again, and I would recommend it to a family planning a vacation to Hershey park.
The location is out of the way. There are plenty of restaurants on Eisenhower Blvd.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

After driving from Maryville, TN to Albany, NY and then back south, we stopped at La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Airport Hershey. The room was clean, the beds were so very comfortable and the staff at the front desk were very kind and welcoming. The breakfast was fabulous and we even met a fellow traveler who apparently stays at this hotel regularly during hockey season. They confirmed our suspicions that the hotel was fantastic and we weren't just getting lucky on this stay. I look forward to staying at La Quinta hotels for many reasons. I hope that I can come back to this one again. It's a comfort to know you will have a great place to rest when you aren't at home!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Beaver, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Let me start off by saying I almost didn't stay here because i read a couple reviews that said the rooms were musty and smokey. During my stay that wasn't the case at all. The hotel and my room was very clean. I've stayed and "higher end" places and can honestly say that this was the right choice. The beds at LaQuinta are the most comfortable I've slept in. Even more comfortable than my own bed at home. The breakfast was good. The TV was a great set up. THey actually encourage you to plug in your own device (laptop, iPad, portable DVD, etc.) rather than having in room rentals. I enjoyed the moon light and wave simulation the TV had to help me sleep. I will be looking for LaQuinta wherever I go!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Airport Hershey? Share your experiences!