“Sleep Deprived” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   990 Eisenhower Blvd, Harrisburg, PA 17111   |
Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
“Sleep Deprived”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Although I cannot dispute the value for money for a pet friendly hotel, I did not get much sleep during my stay. There was a constant humming noise throughout the hotel that went on and off all day and night. The heater in the room was so noisy I had to shut it off completely. The room was very clean and the beds themselves were inviting but the disinfectant that they use in the room was so overpowering, I could actually taste it in my mouth. Between the noise and the disinfectant smell I was awake most of the night. If these two problems could be addressed , then this hotel would indeed be a great place to stay. This was my third stay in a La Quinta Inn and Suites and this was the only one that I had a problem with.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Altoona, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you're looking for a pet friendly hotel that doesn't charge a ridiculous pet fee, look no further. In fact (like at la quintas), there was no pet fee at all. The breakfast was standard, but good none the less. The front desk staff was also very friendly. The hotel itself is very standard, with no pool. There is shopping and places to eat within a couple miles. We will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Montoursville. PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We live 2 hours from the Harrisburg Airport, so we went down the night before. The Price was excellent at 55$ for the night. The young lady that checked us in was very friendly. She had once lived in our home town and when we were done checking in she said " see ya later neighbors". The room was clean and comfortable. Nice flatscreen tv and a comfy chair. The only problem was that I requested a smoking room and the room we got was not. I went down to inquire if there was a smoking room available and they were all sold out. Breakfast was fine. overall a good stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Windsor, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We love to travel with our dog and she loves to be with us. We are very grateful to LaQuinta for their dog friendly policy. This LaQuinta is bare bones: No workout room, no pool. But, it was very inexpensive. The room was clean. The breakfast was good. So, I was happy with the stay. I would stay here, again, and I would recommend it to a family planning a vacation to Hershey park.
The location is out of the way. There are plenty of restaurants on Eisenhower Blvd.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

After driving from Maryville, TN to Albany, NY and then back south, we stopped at La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Airport Hershey. The room was clean, the beds were so very comfortable and the staff at the front desk were very kind and welcoming. The breakfast was fabulous and we even met a fellow traveler who apparently stays at this hotel regularly during hockey season. They confirmed our suspicions that the hotel was fantastic and we weren't just getting lucky on this stay. I look forward to staying at La Quinta hotels for many reasons. I hope that I can come back to this one again. It's a comfort to know you will have a great place to rest when you aren't at home!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Beaver, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Let me start off by saying I almost didn't stay here because i read a couple reviews that said the rooms were musty and smokey. During my stay that wasn't the case at all. The hotel and my room was very clean. I've stayed and "higher end" places and can honestly say that this was the right choice. The beds at LaQuinta are the most comfortable I've slept in. Even more comfortable than my own bed at home. The breakfast was good. The TV was a great set up. THey actually encourage you to plug in your own device (laptop, iPad, portable DVD, etc.) rather than having in room rentals. I enjoyed the moon light and wave simulation the TV had to help me sleep. I will be looking for LaQuinta wherever I go!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Hotel was clean, service was excellent. They never got nasty with us any time we asked questions or needed something extra. The breakfast was very well prepared alway's stocked full. Just an over all excellent service and couldn't of asked for anything else. Thank you to all the staff at La Quinta Inn!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Airport Hershey? Share your experiences!